Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you talking March Madness or NIT?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• dang where the hell was I? i forgot about the trip in 09. I guess that 98 - 09 drought did something to me.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        dang where the hell was I? i forgot about the trip in 09. I guess that 98 - 09 drought did something to me.
        Africa?

Mac n' Cheese jail??
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Michigan basketball is way, way better than last year. Darius Morris has grown by leaps and bounds. He's a huge true point guard with scoring ability.

They also have true bangers in Jon Horford and Jordan Morgan, though admittedly Horford has a lot of growing up to do. Morgan is a horse right now.

They without a doubt have NCAA tourney potential, despite being one of the youngest teams in all of D-1.

Morris is a special point guard. I can't stress enough how good he is and how good the chemistry of this team is so fast, compared to the last couple of years. They are really fun to watch.

They blew a Syracuse game they should have won, and had an expected emotional letdown the next night against a decent UTEP squad, but outside of those two games, they should go into conference play season 10-2.

There are a lot of 6'4-6'7" wings on this team, but they do have a very good PG running the show and more beef up front than they've had in the past.
          Last edited by Kstat; December 19, 2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            Michigan basketball is way, way better than last year. Darius Morris has grown by leaps and bounds. He's a huge true point guard with scoring ability.

They also have true bangers in Jon Horford and Jordan Morgan, though admittedly Horford has a lot of growing up to do. Morgan is a horse right now.

They without a doubt have NCAA tourney potential, despite being one of the youngest teams in all of D-1.

Morris is a special point guard. I can't stress enough how good he is and how good the chemistry of this team is so fast, compared to the last couple of years. They are really fun to watch.

They blew a Syracuse game they should have won, and had an expected emotional letdown the next night against a decent UTEP squad, but outside of those two games, they should go into conference play season 10-2.

There are a lot of 6'4-6'7" wings on this team, but they do have a very good PG running the show and more beef up front than they've had in the past.

I'm not as bullish as you without seeing them beat a few more decent teams. If they weren't 9-2 right now, they wouldn't be an NIT team...
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I've seen enough to know they are good enough to be NCAA tournament quality. That doesn't mean they will make it, but they have all the potential.

Having a playmaking point guard goes a long, long way, especially in the big ten, where everything slows to a crawl. Morris is a flat-out stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                I'm not as bullish as you without seeing them beat a few more decent teams. If they weren't 9-2 right now, they wouldn't be an NIT team...
                Yeah... if they hadn't won as many games, they probably wouldn't be considered for a postseason tournament.

In other news, the Patriots wouldn't have clinched a playoff berth if they hadn't won 11 games.

Comment

• They won a road game at Clemson. They beat Utah. They clobbered an Oakland team that beat #7 Tennessee and nearly beat MSU. It isn't like they don't have any solid wins.

Comment

• Those were good wins, too. They took command, ran up big leads, and didn't choke when the other teams started to whittle them down. I do like Morgan; he's a serious widebody. And did you see the pass Morris whisled to Douglass near the end of the Oakland game? He was near halfcourt, jogged a little right and fired a fastball 45 feet away to Douglass under the basket for a gimme.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Saw that. Morris makes a few passes every game that are jaw-dropping.

He's an NBA point guard. Just a matter of when. Hopefully he'll stick around another season. I can't recall the last super-sized playmaking PG in the big ten. Deron Williams?

Comment

• So im watching college football live today and they are talking about the playoffs (not the "lets think one up one") you know Div II or FCS whatever you want to call it and how many people have told me over the years - Hey they have a REAL playoff in Div II and it don't ruin their regular season!

Georgia Southern made the playoff with a 7-4 record and were 4-4 at one point... zzzzzzzzzzz - (wake me up when the playoffs start) I don't follow Div II, so someone will shoot this down (here or posted in the Michigan forum). Have ad it CL!

Comment

• Generally, the worst record you see out of a playoff team in D-2 is around 9-2 or so. There are enough teams in that division that you'll have 24 teams and/or conference champions with good records.

And it's not like the BCS is stopping 8-4 Connecticut from playing in a BCS bowl, just for the record.

Comment

• Suppose we should take away the 2007 Super Bowl title from the 10-6 Giants and let 17-1 New England have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Suppose we should take away the 2007 Super Bowl title from the 10-6 Giants and let 17-1 New England have it.
                              I would have preferred it that way.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                Suppose we should take away the 2007 Super Bowl title from the 10-6 Giants and let 17-1 New England have it.

Well put. And it's been my argument for an NCAA playoff system for a while ... Even after that game was played if you 'polled' the country as to who was the best team New England would get the most votes ... easily. But that isn't how you crown a champion.

It should be won on the field .. not in a voting booth. Win your conference to get into the playoffs .... then the playoffs determine champion. It's not a hard concept.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X