U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    Great to see a win against OSU. I loved seeing the Big House celebrating like that against a top team. My nephew is a UM graduate (May 2021) and he went to the game. I just hope they can make this a competitive rivalry again. After the disappointing loss to MSU, this one feels real good.
    Maybe? The luster has faded off of Ohio State, I think. U-M could field a team that can go toe-to-toe with them every year, but honestly? Live in the now. Head into Indy, spank the Hawkeyes, and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle. Worry about how the team will look in the future after all that.

Comment

• Great win. The weather helped us as it shutdown the OSU passing game. It was a great gameplan with some nice calls by UM. We’ve been waiting for this for years.

I think next week is not a cakewalk. We need to win in Indy to get to the playoff. Won’t be easy.

We won’t get snow there.

Comment

• Hopefully Stroud is a Lion after next year. He’s very impressive. Tons of poise. He has talent at WR, but made huge throw after huge throw.

Comment

• Ya, it was great to finAlly see us win a big game. I give credit where’s it’s due and that was a great gameplan. It’s the outlier, though. Next week won’t be easy. It’s a dome game on neutral ground. We’ve lost these games under this regime numerous times.

It’s a great day and the playoff is awesome if we make it, but next week is not a walk in the park.

Comment

• Meh.. Iowa is a much better draw than Wisconsin for us. In a big way.

My concern is when Michigan plays a premier school in the playoffs. McNamara will need to be really on his game but the stable of Michigan RBs are really impressive
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Iowa is no pushover; it is doubtful that U-M will be able to run the ball as easily as they did yesterday... but at the same time the Hawkeyes offense has really struggled at times to score against any team with even a modest defense.

Michigan should win, but any given Saturday and all that. The big concern I would have is will they be able to have the energy and drive after a huge emotional win? There's no way they'll be able to match yesterday's intensity... but they can't just show up and expect to win.
              Last edited by chemiclord; November 28, 2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Yeah a let down is very possible, but I like this bunch they seem to have focus more than any other Harbaugh team.

Comment

• What an awesome win, and they did it the Harbaugh way, which I didn’t think they had the horses to do. OL was dominant. Haskins is a beast. Hutchinson’s senior season will go down as legendary. Hard to recall the last time Big House was that raucous.

Iowa will be a tough out, expect them to make the game ugly. And agreed, probably won’t be able to run it down their throat.

Comment

• And Josh Gattis - great game yesterday. He’s deservedly gotten a lot of shit but he called an outstanding game, had some creative play designs that they executed almost every time with precision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                      Hard to recall the last time Big House was that raucous.
                      Crowd volume was full blast from beginning to end. At one point Michigan offensive players had to tell them to shut up.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Iowa always seems to cause problems for Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Well, we could lose to Iowa in the B10 Playoff Game, or then in the playoffs after that. That would give you and fruity plenty of trolling material.
                          What is not debatable is that Iowa is not the second-best team in the Big 10. The mere fact that they have to win one game to claim a conference championship is further evidence that conference re-alignment is a must.

Comment

• Good luck with that. Anything that separates U-M, MSU, and OSU is a non-starter. That's already been pretty locked down and established. Without breaking up that triad, how do you do a realignment that would actually balance the teams?

Comment

• WAY TO GO BLUE!!! Awesome game Awesome win!
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Okay, that felt amazing. Incredible feeling. After they have dominated and embarrassed Michigan for so long, to beat them convincingly the way Michigan did -- that was as much fun as I've had watching one of the teams I root for in....well, I'm not even sure I can remember when. Maybe when the Pistons won the title in 04' when they destroyed the Lakers? Idk.

But after a few days of thoroughly enjoying this win, and just being generally on cloud nine because of it, it's time to put that in the rearview and refocus on the new task at hand. Which is Iowa. Michigan has come too far now not to get this Big Ten title. When was the last one? 04'? 03'? And they've never made it to the conference championship game since that's been a thing as we all know. Close the deal now, please. I'm not even thinking about the college football playoff. Just beat Iowa and win the Big Ten. Then I'll worry about what comes after.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X