Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

Panhandling on Telegraph road now?

I am familiar with the ones at 8 mile and Southfield but have never run into one on Telegraph.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
      Wow!

Panhandling on Telegraph road now?

I am familiar with the ones at 8 mile and Southfield but have never run into one on Telegraph.
      Just along the Detroit stretch, Redford (and probably Southfield) police run them off.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Been wondering about this. No one confirmed it. I've just been waiting to hear. Have to be persistent if you want to plan these things Tony.
        I thought everyone had said they were in. Oh well.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I did but, I forgot.

Comment

• DL - I know EXACTLY how you are feeling with the holdback of emotion and cautionary
            GREAT news, yet in the back of your mind the perspective and this feeling of when/if the proverbial other shoe will drop.

Thoughts, hopes, prayers are with you sir. It has been a long ass 5 months.

I thankfully get to resume a normal work schedule again once school is out and am counting down days. It's been emotional and tough this past week in my household and this thing just turns into a grind. Not a complaint I can really make - news could be a ton worse.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I didn't push the issue, Tony, since my work situation has gone from bad to worse this week. I would have made it had it happened, though.

I'm not likely to be available for a while now.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sounds for the better anyways then. There's always another time.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                  Since I started my job a little over 2 years ago there has been a gal at the turn around on Telegraph just south of 8 mile asking for money. Since the freeway closed at the beginning of April three more have appeared. One guy at 7 mile that has interfered with traffic and two more at turn arounds that don't. I don't give to any of them for the same reasons mentioned but wrestle with it.
                  Back in the 90s living in Albuquerque, all the highway exits had people standing at the stops begging for money - The Alb Journal did a piece on this - turns out it's very lucrative, $60 to 100K/year.

great news DL

Comment

• presumably tax free as well.

Comment

• "I completely understand and agree. I highly doubt the guy got a cheap motel room, got a decent meal and a comfortable nights sleep. But it was the point of the moment for my wife. We both had good news from our doctors were feeling joyous I guess.
                      Whatever he did with the money, he was as happy yesterday as we were.
                      Who knows, maybe he upgraded from a bottle of Mad Dog to a 6 pack of Guinness."

-----------------------------------------I understood this when you wrote it. Didn't mean to suggest you should have done anything different. I'm happy for you and completely understand the situation.
                      Last edited by DanO; May 29, 2014, 11:09 AM.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        I thought everyone had said they were in. Oh well.
                        I agree everyone had said they were in. A time was not settled on. I would still LOVE to do this. Kinda disappointed we got away from it. That's just me.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Bad on me cause I did forget it but, I have no plans other than the Grandbabies coming over again on Sunday.

Sorry to lose Deb over it though.

Comment

• Don't let my crazy work thing stop you. Make plans and if I can escape I will join you. I just can't commit to anything for a while.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Bad on me cause I did forget it but, I have no plans other than the Grandbabies coming over again on Sunday.

Sorry to lose Deb over it though.
                              At least try to remember their names. You know how it is with us old folks.
                              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                                Back in late Jan, I had 15 cancer cells show up on my pet scan. Now I have only one! The largest one that is half the size from the original. All the smaller cells are gone. When the doc told us, it was the first time through all of this that my tears welled up. Not over it, I know. Doctor even said he was "amazed" at how my body was responding to chemo. I told him he has earned his pay then.
                                Great News!
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X