Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Thanks Dan. I guess if I had to pick what form of cancer to have it would be that one then. I'll know more specifically next week.

Mark, believe it or not a Doctor told me today that if I think I can quit before chemo starts then fine. If not wsit until after treament. When he said that I thought my wife was going jump up and hit him. He explained that going through those type of withdrawals during chemo makes it very difficult to tolerate.

I have actually only smoked about 10 cigs since tuesday. I did send away for ecigs though.
    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Sounds like good news, DL. Keep us up to date!
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        " It appears localized in both lungs and the Doc suspects Lymphnoma."
        -----------------------My mom had the same thing a year ago. She cancer free now. It's one of the most treatable forms of cancer there is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          " It appears localized in both lungs and the Doc suspects Lymphnoma."
          -----------------------My mom had the same thing a year ago. She cancer free now. It's one of the most treatable forms of cancer there is.

Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
          Thanks Dan. I guess if I had to pick what form of cancer to have it would be that one then. I'll know more specifically next week.

Mark, believe it or not a Doctor told me today that if I think I can quit before chemo starts then fine. If not wsit until after treament. When he said that I thought my wife was going jump up and hit him. He explained that going through those type of withdrawals during chemo makes it very difficult to tolerate.

I have actually only smoked about 10 cigs since tuesday. I did send away for ecigs though.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I hate to pile upon bad news - sorry to hear yours DL.

Those here who know me know my son has been through an Autism diagnosis - well, 1/7/14 he was diagnosed with Leukemia. Took him into ER on 1/7 after he had minor viral/flu symptoms over the holiday break including that morning, but towards evening that night he complained of weakness on his right side of body and jaw felt "not right" - pediatrician said get him to ER or call 911, I took him in. Longer story short is after blood work, calcium looked low, and then after more blood taken, potassium count off - next was xray and a ct scan - by 10:45 that night after those tests had three doctors in the ER room - white cell count very high. Diagnosis confirmed.

Things moved quick - groin tap and had platelets inserted, machine that removes white cells to bring the count down, surgery on 1/8, chemo started 1/9.

He has the most common type of Leukemia and the "best" subset of that - he's been home now over a week, we face an intense 4-6 month chemo treatment process.

Bottom line is due to him being so articulate - we got him to the hospital in time. this hits with no warning signs, and I shudder if we had just dismissed this. He's taken this remarkably well. Kids are so resilient - I don't know what really more to say.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• jeez, Sorry to hear this! how old is he Coop?
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• He is 8
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Oh, Coop, that has to be a parent's worst fear. So glad it was caught quickly and that things are positive. Very sorry he has to go through this. Prayers and good thoughts with you guys.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wow Coop, I am also glad you got him in to the hospital so quickly. Is it something that he'll recover from after the chemo?

Let me know if I can be of help in any way. Thoughts and prayers going out to you too.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Glad you were able to get an early grip on this Coop (thanks to your sons abilty to convey his symptoms it seems!), and things are underway.
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• That is horrible Coop.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and both kids.

Terrible, terrible news.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Coop, that's just awful news. Glad to hear he is taking it well and that the prognosis is good. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Holy crap. I'm so sorry to hear that Coop. Every parents nightmare scenario.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                              Coop, that's just awful news. Glad to hear he is taking it well and that the prognosis is good. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              Holy crap. I'm so sorry to hear that Coop. Every parents nightmare scenario.
                              Yep
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't know why but I have always left this thread alone

First day I read about Coop's kids battle with leukemia.

My thoughts and prayers to your family coop, speed treatment and recovery.
                                Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X