Clear All

• Marko69
    replied
    ^^ ^^ Genuine laugh out loud. Very true. 👏👏👏

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Going to be a long-a$$ season because Hibs are CRAP!
    That's different from any other season... how... exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Originally posted by DanO View Post

Not at all Marko.

Ya that was inches from being good. BTW, I did not know that was called a pen. You learned me something today Marko
    I can learn you something else, DanO-Boy…….. opening game of the 23/24 season for Hibernian today here in Edinburgh @ Easter Road Stadium ——>> and gubbed 3-2 by Shitty St.Mirren.

Going to be a long-a$$ season because Hibs are CRAP!

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by DanO View Post
    Ya that sucked Marko. The USA completely dominated on field play. The Swedish GT won that game.
    Whenever you have a sport with a goalie, that sort of thing can happen. You see it in the NHL a lot; a hot goalkeeper can make up for lacking talent at damn near every other position.

But I'd say that the USA's faltering here had a lot less to do than any "lack of respect for their country" and lot more to do with, "this team was not built or managed with any thought to strategy or game plan." US Soccer went into this World Cup thinking they could just slap together whoever they wanted and they could win with overwhelming individual talent like usual, but this time the rest of the world caught up enough that it wasn't going to work.

Leave a comment:

• DanO
    replied
    Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    The laughing after the miss wasn't a good look by Rapinoe. She was laughing again during the handshakes. 🤦‍♂️
    Did feel sorry for the lass who hit the post with her pen. Few inches to the left and its the best pen of them all……. Everyone else were smash & hope.
    Not at all Marko.

Ya that was inches from being good. BTW, I did not know that was called a pen. You learned me something today Marko
    Last edited by DanO; August 6, 2023, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    The laughing after the miss wasn't a good look by Rapinoe. She was laughing again during the handshakes. 🤦‍♂️
    Did feel sorry for the lass who hit the post with her pen. Few inches to the left and its the best pen of them all……. Everyone else were smash & hope.

Leave a comment:

• DanO
    replied
    I thought it was ironic Rappino missed the the net on the penalty kick. Then she was laughing about it. They did dominate the game though as I stated earlier.

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    Couldn’t happen to a better team. Next time worry about the game and less about what you want to protest about

Leave a comment:

• DanO
    replied
    Ya that sucked Marko. The USA completely dominated on field play. The Swedish GT won that game.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    What a way to be pumped out the World Cup. Jeezo. 🤦‍♂️

But…….. off to La Svede tomorrow, so, ‘mon the Swedes 🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    RIP Trevor Francis....., only 69 years old......., but one of those weird coincidences for me.

Long story short......, Trevor scored the winner in a 1-0 win for Nottingham Forest vs Malmo in the 1979 European Cup Final...., (pre all that Champions League shite)
    My son is getting married in Malmo, Sweden next month and over the past month, myself & the Mrs have been meeting up with his new wifes family. They're from Malmo. Was chatting with her dad regarding that final (sadly he wasn't there) but really was a great winner..... diving header at the back post. That conversation was only a few weeks ago. And Trevor died today.
    Twilight zone music.

See how the first £1m English footballer, Trevor Francis scored on his European debut as Nottingham Forest beat Malmö in the 1979 European Cup final. What ar...

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Well... of all the matches I have seen, that was certainly one of them.

Mexico did not represent themselves well in any aspect, whether on the pitch or in the seats.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    To these people……. (Not anyone on here)

”Aye, but has he won a World Cup?”
    He has now. 👌

Always great to see the greatest ever win their respective sports trophies……. Federer with the Wimbledon trophy, O’Sullivan in snooker, even Tom Brady with that Tampa Bay win a few years ago…..
    Seeing Messi with the World Cup is just incredible.
    🇦🇷

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Hopefully the Lions win, or Froot is going to have a really bad day.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I might need to be checked for multiple heart attacks if the Lions ever played in the Super Bowl equivalent of that. Can’t contemplate what people of Argentina or France are thinking right now. The twists and turns. The comeback. Classic claustrophobic penalty shootout.

Argentina!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X