• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony G
    started a topic Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Have at it ya bawbag fuckwits! Take your soccer/football/futbol talk here
    Last edited by Tony G; January 25th, 2014, 10:01 AM.

• froot loops
    replied
    Someone on football365 wrote that the Tottenham decline has been happening in plain sight but the Champions League final appearance masked that. They had the stat that since the beginning of 2019 they have lost 11 games in the premiere league, Newcastle has lost 12 in the same span.

Pochettino is a good manager but he has probably been there too long. They don't spend for new players and the existing ones have heard all of his speeches.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    From memory, Maurizio Pochettino was crying after last seasons CL semi final & CL final. He must've been bawling his eyes out last night. That's a shocker at home.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    I’m with Panoptes on this........ FK soccer!

Leave a comment:

• Fraquar
    replied
    Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Quick!!! Get help for Charlie. He’s watching basketball!

Hibernian v Jambofuckwits today, Panoptes....... get yourself to DUCK....... that’s duckduckgo for 3pm Edinburgh time, dude!
    I'll take the Jambo's 1-0.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Also Liverpool v Chelsea
    Can’t see Lampard getting a result @ Anfield today.
    3-1 Liv’pool

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Also Liverpool v Chelsea

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Quick!!! Get help for Charlie. He’s watching basketball!

Hibernian v Jambofuckwits today, Panoptes....... get yourself to DUCK....... that’s duckduckgo for 3pm Edinburgh time, dude!

Leave a comment:

• Panoptes
    replied
    Jake: "Sophie said, "soccer is the most popular sport in the world." (changes basketball game to soccer)

Charlie: (as he quickly changes the channel back to basketball) "Then they don't need us."

- Men

👍

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    I don't know much about them other than they started as a semi-pro team 7 years ago. Early on they had a lot of guys playing that were working full time jobs elsewhere. Their fans are pretty boisterous doing European cosplay marching through Hamtramck before the game. They draw 6k a game consistently. I want to catch a game there to mostly see how the stadium looks that full. When we used to go there some of the sections were not suitable to occupy.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Looks more of a Roma colour than a Jambo colour....., but definitely wouldn't purchase it. And I don't like the club badge, or crest, (whatever you guys call it). Wiki'd it and couldn't find an explanation for it. What is that badge aw aboot?

But, looked at their most notable players and laughed out loud at one of them......., Keith Lough. Scottish guy who played for Detroit City FC before moving to ......, (drum roll)......, Penicuik Athletic!! My home town in South Edinburgh as a youngster! I'd have thought that was a drop in his career. Detroit to Penicuik!!

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Unfortunately their colors are similar to the Jambos. You would get a kick out of their stadium, it's an old stadium built during WWII in Hamtramck. The football team I worked with played many games there and the thing I remember about it was you couldn't kick field goals or extra points on one side of the field because the ball would go over a wall and kids would steal the ball. So if you scored you had to go to the other end zone to kick the PAT. It isn't an issue for a lot of the inner city teams because most of them didn't have a kicker and just went for two. DCFC moved there a few years back and renovated it as it had fallen into disrepair.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Big news in Detroit, Detroit City FC got admitted into the new 3rd tier soccer league.
    I MUST purchase a Detroit City F.C. shirt if they exist. And hopefully they don’t play in Jambo bastard colours....... otherwise they can ram their shirts up their arses.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Marko,
    I sent you a PM. Nothing urgent. Please confirm receipt when you do get to it. Thx
    👌🤘🤘

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Big news in Detroit, Detroit City FC got admitted into the new 3rd tier soccer league.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X