Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    "And Stewart never should have gunned it with him in close proximity. You gun those cars, they set sideways."
    ---------------------------------------------He gunned it for the opposite reason. He wanted to avoid him. Coming around a corner like that, and sliding toward the outside of the track where there was a person standing, Stewart gunned it to try and straighten the vehicle out(the ass end), stopping the outward slide, and hopefully avoiding the kid.
    I watched that video a number of times. I saw it differently.

If I had to guess, and that's all it is - a guess, but he probably saw him, went all Tony Stewart and gunned it thinking he was going to throw dirt on him, the car slid more than he expected (and/or the kid was closer than he anticipated) and he got him.

The car before Stewart had zero problems avoiding him, and was in the same track as Stewart. Both parties were careless IMO. Never should have happened, but it did. Stewart could wind up with his tit in a ringer over this.

Comment

• I don't know Tony Stewart from Rod Stewart, so I don't have any "went all Tony Stewart" preconceived notions about it.

the car before the on that hit the kid was obviously running lower on the track.

I saw it the same as DanO
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        I don't know Tony Stewart from Rod Stewart, so I don't have any "went all Tony Stewart" preconceived notions about it.

the car before the on that hit the kid was obviously running lower on the track.

I saw it the same as DanO
        I will concede lower, but not by much.

Either way, Ward is dead and it was an easily avoidable incident by everyone involved.

Comment

• Well how are we ever going to know Stewarts intentions unless he confesses "I was trying to hit the kid"

Facts:

Dirt Track Sprint Cars, you have to hit the gas to turn INCLUDING IF you are trying to avoid an accident. It is possible he was trying to avoid hitting the kid.

It was under a caution, sprint cars have to maintain a decent speed to get around the corners even under caution BUT he hit the kid under a caution.

Should he have gotten out of the car, hell no.
          Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Ward was an idiot going out on the middle of the track like that. His death was his own fault and nobody else's.
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Another one for the Darwin Awards.

Comment

• "the car before the on that hit the kid was obviously running lower on the track."
                ---------------Agreed.

"Dirt Track Sprint Cars, you have to hit the gas to turn INCLUDING IF you are trying to avoid an accident. It is possible he was trying to avoid hitting the kid."
                ------------------------Yep!

"I will concede lower, but not by much."
                --------------------------On foot can be the difference between life and death and I think the difference in running line was much more than that.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheoryofaDetriotLion View Post

If I had to guess, and that's all it is - a guess, but he probably saw him, went all Tony Stewart and gunned it thinking he was going to throw dirt on him, the car slid more than he expected (and/or the kid was closer than he anticipated) and he got him.
                  This.

Stewart is a hot headed prick and has been his entire racing career...
                  The intention was not to kill ( I hope) but the intention was to intimidate or retaliate. (which Stewart has a long history of)

I think you summed it up perfectly when you said "he went all Tony Stewart"
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Osijek started badly, but now 3 games without loss and 2 w's in a row, i'm already euphoric..the life of shitty club supporter
                    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Hey there, Essek, I have been keeping an eye on Osijeks season. It was such a bad start to the season, but something has definitely fallen into place past three games. Hope that continues. 'MON THE OSIJEK!

Hibs were Gubbed at Easter Road on Saturday by Falkirk. Played very well actually, just couldn't score, (like me when I've had three beers too many)...., hopefully Stubbsy can turn things around and the Cabbage can start winning some games.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• hehe, i've seen result, don't get too depressed, it's a long football season ahead of us
                        http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Celtic dumped by Maribor. They had their chances (plenty of them) and didn't take a single one of them.

Comment

• The entire scenario was farcical anyway. Substantially annihilated by Warsaw but Warsaw brought on an ineligable player with 4 minutes left of the 2nd leg @ 6-1 on aggregate. Unreal.

So they get a second chance and fuck it up against Maribor!! Hope the Glasgow cnts are embarrassed this morning.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Man U humiliated 4-0.

Ya know... maybe the problem wasn't the manager and instead that you have a shitty ass team?

Comment

• Yes. Sir Eck Fergie, although "Messiah-like" for Manure, is probably and arguably the worst ever appointment for them. He is just irreplaceable. No Moyes , Van Gaal or even Mourinho is gonna sort that club out like Fergie did. Unbelievable 25 years, but that's it. It's fucked now.

Comment

Working...
                                X