No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The entire conversation started by soccer being labelled dumb. I'm not rooting for soccer, I'm just trying to defend it, because I love it.

Baseball sucks!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      The entire conversation started by soccer being labelled dumb. I'm not rooting for soccer, I'm just trying to defend it, because I love it.

Baseball sucks!
      That's dumb. ;)
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Since everyone is ganging up on Marko, I'll chime in. The U.S. doesn't win the World Baseball Classic.

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• All those players play in the U.S. major league. That's why it's the World Series. ;)
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• :D
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              All those players play in the U.S. major league. That's why it's the World Series. ;)
              That's ^^^ actually quite a decent explanation to be honest. In fact, over the years, a lot of people have asked the question, and no one could ever give a reasonable answer. That's ^^^ a good one, and cheers for that.

Still sucks though!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Don't look now but Liverpool is looking scary good.

Comment

• They were absolutely flippin brilliant v Watford. 6-1 but could so easily have been 12-1. Oz will be happy.

Comment

• Get in, lassies!

The Cabbage & Ribs now hold both male and female Scottish Cups! Woohoo!

Comment

• Wow! Congrat's Hibernadettes!

Comment

• Hibernadettes!! That is excellent, Bimmer.

Comment

It's just taking "Rounders" WAAAAY too seriously.

And it may be fully international (except Europe) but these other international teams don't play in your "World Series". At the end of the season, a "World Champion" is crowned??

When Hibs win the Championship league this season, I suppose I could get away with calling Hibernian, American champions also? Fk ye'z, I think I will.
                          Hibernian probably could win the MLS championship. Not sure what that's saying, though. Would you guys really want to?

Comment

Hibernadettes!! That is excellent, Bimmer.
                            Chick name for a chick sport. Funny indeed.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Chick name for a chick sport. Funny indeed.
                              It was chicks that were playing, Trumpet!

Comment

• Trumpet?

Is that supposed to be a slight?

I have no problem being known as an American that voted to shake up the establishment. None what so ever.

Now Hibernadettes? That's queer.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X