No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly fking the USA with the bookings. The Welsh are horrific for the play acting.
    Never forgive Bale for his fresh air dive @ Hampden in Glasgow. Diving bstd.

Great play for USA goal, perfectly timed run…… and with Hennessey in goal, easy tap past.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That ref was terrible, I take back the bad shit I said about Mike Dean. At least he was terrible for both sides. They should have won, but a draw is OK. The coach is way too slow to sub, Wales brings on Kieffer Moore at the start of the second half and they completely change their tactics and Berhalter waits until the 70th minute to make a change.

Comment

• The ref's only issue was he didn't crack down on this shitshow of 21st Century Football of feinting injuries.
        Then again, he's certainly not the Lone Ranger in that regard.
        As for the penalty? Justly deserved, the problem is it wasn't even necessary. Bale was in no position to do shit with the ball when he's a 100% left footed player moving to his right side - with back to goal to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Is that ^^ Tinfoil hat ^^ ---- >> "The soccer edition"?

Got to be Messi's last WC...... which in itself is quite sad.
          They got a team that for all intents and purposes would be in Non-Conference in England - and would struggle there.....
          They should get put to the sword in every game they play - except for the fact it's bad form to completely embarrass the Host Nation in a tournament they never qualified for - save for buying their way into it.

Comment

• The penalty was an obvious call.

I'm sure there was some feigning injuries, but a lot of it is too many players on the US side are just not in full match shape, I'm not sure about the Welsh side. By the 60th minute a lot of the US players looked totally gassed with the exception of Ream and Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The penalty was an obvious call.

I'm sure there was some feigning injuries, but a lot of it is too many players on the US side are just not in full match shape, I'm not sure about the Welsh side. By the 60th minute a lot of the US players looked totally gassed with the exception of Ream and Adams.
              I'm not talking about the 70th minute onwards, I'm talking straight out of the locker room for the 2nd half. That is where the ref lost it - by stopping play when teams had the advantage for no reason. The guy behind the play has a cramp or inadvertently gets his toe stepped on - you play on.

Added: A 9PM (local) start to a WC game doesn't make a lot of sense. Probably going to see more than just the U.S./Wales struggle with that time slot.
              Last edited by Fraquar; November 21, 2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• I thought his yellows were way too quick and inconsistent.

Comment

• Remember back in the day when physically head-butting an opponent or snapping their ankle was a yellow?!

i exaggerate…….. but yellows these days are flashed for the slightest of touches.

The feigning of injury makes it so much harder for refs……, BUT, the refs need to try and make their own decision on the spot, not a few seconds later after the crowd go nuts at seeing the player rolling around as if a sniper shot him from the stands. Crowd react ——>> ref reaches for card.

Re Mike Dean……. Agreed. Consistently shocking referee for all sides. But, he’s a Tranmere fan; he didn’t give a fk who he pissed off.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Ten pick "Group Stage" accumulator bet (10 quid stake worth £578quid including tipping the 1-1 USA scoreline) ------>> FUCKED!!! Nice one Lionel & Co. Jaysus H.

Losing patience with VAR as well......., fkn farce.

Panoptes....., you lurking? Has the "Death to China" T-shirt shop got any "Soccer is Pish" T-shirts? Let me know, pal.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Ten pick "Group Stage" accumulator bet (10 quid stake worth £578quid including tipping the 1-1 USA scoreline) ------>> FUCKED!!! Nice one Lionel & Co. Jaysus H.

Losing patience with VAR as well......., fkn farce.

Panoptes....., you lurking? Has the "Death to China" T-shirt shop got any "Soccer is Pish" T-shirts? Let me know, pal.
                        Watched that Saudi game - that 2nd goal is without question in line for goal of the tournament.
                        They just wanted it more in the 2nd half - and it showed. That and the crowd was in full voice.
                        Two from open play, Argentina needed a penalty kick. Given the TOP you'd think it would be completely opposite.

Comment

• Certainly a very good 2nd by the Saudis. Regarding goal of tournament, might take something extra special to top Richarilsons second for Braaaazeeel last night. That was bloody good 👏👏👏👏👏

On first set of first round matches, a lot of people saying France looking best. 🤔

But……….

No disrespect to Oz saaaaawker……. It was indeed Australia!

Brazil last night played Serbia. No pushovers whatsoever. And it was wave after wave of attack. Personally thinking Brazil will step things up a few notches. Expecting them to pump both La Swiss & Cameroon.

Lots of really good games coming up.

Panoptes ……. You lurking with your USA t-shirt on? Get the beers and cigars out for tonight v the pomz! KAAAM AN, USA

USA
                          USA
                          USA
                          USA
                          🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
                          USA
                          USA
                          USA
                          USA
                          🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Comment

• 90 + 8
                            90 + 11 ——>> for Wales.

Karma is a terrible thing, Gareth. Stop diving and cheating and things could work out better.

Comment

• Who saw Japan beating Germany and then Costa Rica beating Japan coming…. Seems like you’d make a lot of money parlaying that outcome.

So for Germany, I think they have a reasonable path to advance. Spain probably beats Germany today. A tie or unlikely win would be amazing. If Germany can take care of Costa Rica. Then Spain beats Japan. It could come down to the tiebreaker for the second team that advances in that group.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• think i’m safe posting this here…….. Deborah doesn’t venture into this thread, ….. shouldn’t get my a$$ kicked.

CDB23097-0468-46C8-87AF-52476C66F1C5.png

Comment

Working...
                                X