Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I’m in a World Cup pool (snake style draft) and have Germany, Denmark, Cameroon, and Iran.
      Not too confident in these picks except for maybe Denmark being the safest to advance to the quarterfinals. Slightly worried with Germany in Group E. Spain probably a lock in that group and it’s coming down to Germany or Japan for the other spot.

USA’s group is interesting. I heard England has some players out and has been struggling. Wales lower ceiling. Some guy in a YouTube video that I just watched actually picked Iran to win this group. We’ll see… World Cup is always fun.​
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        I’m in a World Cup pool (snake style draft) and have Germany, Denmark, Cameroon, and Iran.
        Not too confident in these picks except for maybe Denmark being the safest to advance to the quarterfinals. Slightly worried with Germany in Group E. Spain probably a lock in that group and it’s coming down to Germany or Japan for the other spot.

USA’s group is interesting. I heard England has some players out and has been struggling. Wales lower ceiling. Some guy in a YouTube video that I just watched actually picked Iran to win this group. We’ll see… World Cup is always fun.​
        Ugh.
        Were you the tail end of the snake? :

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          Ugh.
          Were you the tail end of the snake? :
          Haha yup. 7th, 9th, 23rd, and 26th picks.

That said, I like Denmark! Quarterfinals lock!!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Denmark was Pick #1 then?
            Kinda makes some sense then.

Comment

• Well, Germany was actually my first choice because they have the 6th best Vegas odds to win the World Cup. I’m just not too confident in them based on my perception of this team. It’s not the same as 2014. Young, but talented German team? Could easily see Japan being a sleeper in Group E. I also speak some German language because of high school/ college and this is somewhat a homer pick.

I feel more confident in Denmark because Group D has shaky Tunisia and Australia. France is also missing a couple key players from their 2018 team. Denmark comes across as a very safe pick to advance.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This World Cup is going to be farcical with all the Qatari "laws".

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Wonder how many drunk fans in the street will be heading to jail for 15+ years.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    This World Cup is going to be farcical with all the Qatari "laws".

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s-25528912.amp

This is just the host country flexing it's muscles and saying - we are getting out of Group stage - right?
                    This WC was bought and paid for......

Added:
                    "You promised us when we get knocked out it would be against Messi. Now you show us the path to get to Messi and it might be the Semi-Finals before we meet him...."
                    "umm, bruh, we will squash this shit like a gnat if we don't get to play against Messi......"
                    Last edited by Fraquar; November 17, 2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Is that ^^ Tinfoil hat ^^ ---- >> "The soccer edition"?

Got to be Messi's last WC...... which in itself is quite sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Wonder how many drunk fans in the street will be heading to jail for 15+ years.
                        Well, they recently decided to ban stadium alcohol sales.

Damn… so there really wasn’t another country that was willing to bribe Sepp Blatter more for World Cup host rights…
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Well, they recently decided to ban stadium alcohol sales.

Damn… so there really wasn’t another country that was willing to bribe Sepp Blatter more for World Cup host rights…
                          Bribe Chuck Blazer & Jack Warner you mean.
                          ……, Blatter, & the organisation “FIFA” totally innocent.

Netflix 4 part “FIFA Uncovered” worth the 4hrs.

Panoptes……. You lurking?? Does your lifetime soccer viewing combined add up to anywhere close to 4hrs?!

Comment

• Was asked earlier if i knew any Qatar players.
                            Said, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler & Eddie Van Halen.
                            Don’t think I heard them properly.

Comment

• Come on, USA, you got these Welsh gits on the rack. Start turning the possession into goals.
                              USA experiencing the diving & cheating of the Welsh. They’re horrendous for it.
                              KAAAAM AN, USA! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Comment

• Refs are fucking the US but still rings the bell.

Comment

Working...
                                X