Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Tipped them pre-tournament and will stick by them. The Saudi game was the kick up the arse they needed and they’re in gear now. Messi lifts the FIFA World Cup and all is complete……. The greatest player to ever grace the game (arguably as thats only my opinion) ——>> will be a world champion.
    Argentina as a team is not playing as well as some of the others. However, they drew Australia which should be one of the easier teams in the group of 16. So they'll get to the group of 8 almost certainly and could be facing America, which is likely to be the least favorited team in the group of 8 (if they advance of course).

But as one of the heavy favorites they seemingly have one of the easier paths to the top 4 on paper potentially.

Comment

• Obviously its only been made easier by the Danes being shit. No one thought the Australians would get one sniff of the last 16. Even the Australian fans. On an AFL forum and they’re shocked over there.

But regarding that side of the draw…… Ned, Eng, Arg & France…… it’ll not be a breeze. If Oz beat Argentina and you lot beat Ned…… then fuck knows whats going on.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Most of these games are on the razor's edge, even for shit teams. Getting through the group stage is an accomplishment but I don't think any of these teams look all that good. The bottom line is this World Cup soccer is pretty shit compared to club soccer. England looks like the best of the lot and the Americans throttled them for long stretches.

Comment

• No disrespect to you guys whatsoever, (Tartan Army hasn’t been to a WC for 24 years) ……, but USA, Iran & Wales? 🤔…… AND , you guys should’ve won. 🤷‍♂️ ……,…..

Think the Brazilians have probably been the most likely so far.

But its the most forgettable World Cup in the history of the thing.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Having it happen in the winter sucks.

Comment

• This Spain/Japan game is wild. Japan looked uninterested in playing in the 1st half. Two quick goals for them at the beginning of the second half.

Comment

• Aw man, it is. Great game.

as it stands, Japan & Costa go thru, Gerrys & Spanisrds go out. 🤷‍♂️

WTF???

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Having it happen in the winter sucks.
                  Yep, thats weird as well. Should’ve been done n dusted back in July…… in America.

Comment

• Its all opening up nicely for a Argentina v Brazil final.
                    We can but dream!
                    That 2nd phase game at Espana 82 still plays vivid in the memory.

Comment

• German equaliser (thats equalizer for Jaadam) puts Spain back into 2nd,

Comment

• Germany out
                        Belgium out

Comment

• Tell you something, myself and Scottie were thinking about a half season ticket for Easter Road but were pondering it due to VAR being introduced into the SPL.
                          But after today……, nae danger. Neither of us are going to bother.
                          We’ll spend Saturday afternoons him wasting me at 9-ball pool down The Ball Room in Morningside.

FK VAR!

Comment

• You can't abandon Easter Road

Comment

• Yes, won’t be for long! We’ll miss it after a couple weeks. The pies, the banter and the shite fitbaw! 👌

CGVT……. Do you venture in here often? I know you just LOVE a conspiracy theory.
                              Chat on the ITV pundit panel tonight with Gary (way better than his brother) Neville & Graeme (I’ll break your fucking legs) Souness ——->> “Spain possibly meant to lose to Japan as finishing 2nd in the group table sends them to the easier side of the last 16 draw.” 🤔🤔
                              Seems that winning the group would’ve made their trip to the Semi-Final more difficult.

I don’t buy it. I’d be shocked if they threw the game & even more shocked if the awarding of that Japanese 2nd goal had anything to do with it. (Ball was fucking C L E A R L Y out of play)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Germany out
                                Belgium out
                                Ach du lieber!
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X