No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a sitter by Pulisic there. Shouldve buried that one.
    6ft 8” dutch goalie spread wide
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Wow, USA are up for this. 👌
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Just as i post that……… oops

Comment

• Its all looking a bit flat now for the USA. Looks like they’re scared to go forward……. Ned look like they’ll prize open with ease on the break and the USA know this. Fear has crept in.
          They need to go back to how they started in that first 10 mins……. Be bold.
          KAAAAAM ANNNN, USA

Comment

• Thunderbolt by Weah……. That would’ve burst the net

Comment

• Ah well, Thats it fkd.

Comment

• Its back on...... 15 minutes to play......., plus 3 days added on time.....

KAAAAM AAAAN USA

Comment

• Ahhhhhh shit........, its fkd again

Comment

• Welp, that sucks.

USA defenders were shaky on too many instances. Matt Turner deserves better. It’s like if a QB has no OLine/ WR help.

Couple good looks, but failed to capitalize.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Textbook LVG game, it's probably exactly how he drew up the gameplan.

For the US, not enough depth not lethal enough in the final third. The lack of depth caught up to them, they looked gassed. The three goals given up were due to Adams, Dest and Robinson but it's hard to fault them too much, they have covered the most ground of everyone. Most of the starters play in the big leagues, but most of them weren't fitbesides Ream and Adams, when you are bringing in Haji Wright, Jordan Morris and Yedlin, it shows you have a way to go.

It's a vicious circle, if you can't bury the chances you have to continue to work hard. By the 4th game in 12 days of essentially the same lineup it's hard to press and track back. It was a better performance than the time where they nearly beat Belgium but the score was much worse.

Comment

• Very difficult to fault Dest……. The lad busts a gut all game. And he’s class.

That “final third” thing in the soccer is becoming increasingly annoying over the years.
                        Remember being at a Hibs agm a few years back when Lennon was boss. He was explaining a few things about training and what they’re working on and the age old problem of the “final third” …… some dude shouted, “WELL FKN FIX IT, NEIL! SICK O HEARING IT!”

Comment

• I do like watching Dempsey and Donovan analyze it after because they don't hold back. Dempsey's basic point was the US had a ton of crosses all tournament but most of them were crap. Donovan thought the gameplan was naive.

One other thing was weird was the set pieces were absolute shit. Traditionally the US has scored a lot on corners, but they were pathetic this tournament. It's looks like a team that never practiced them.

Comment

• Statement of intent about to happen........, 4-0 Argentina........ Book it.

Comment

• Aw well, 2-0, (with a freak Oz goal)……, but you got to be on the Argentina bus now after that Messi show. Great stuff.

vs Holland is going to be awesome.

Comment

• I can't believe you turned your back on Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X