No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a pity all the pre-match talk over this game is political. Anti-Trump backlash etc. It's going to be a hostile atmosphere. I have it down as a 3-0 Mekiko win.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• 3-0 would be a shock

Comment

• 2-1 Mekiko?

Just can't see America winning in Mexico City in front of several K's of angry Mexicans.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          2-1 Mekiko?

Just can't see America winning in Mexico City in front of several K's of angry Mexicans.
          As long as Stan Van Gundy isn't there, it should be okay.

[ame]https://youtu.be/YucvWt7CNn4?t=6[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            How this for a soccer bet burster tonight, Malto Marko.....,

Ukraine 0 Malta 1

???????

Wtf! :shock:
            :-D

I believe I read that Ukraine's top players were on holiday.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I'm thinking draw. Maybe a 1-0 loss. They look better with Arena back as coach.

The Mexicans are always angry in that place. We did win in a friendly there in 2012, I had forgotten that. Pulisic will be officially christened after he dodges the first bag of urine.

Comment

• Rookie, Ryan Blaney won at Pocono today in NASCAR. He will be a long term driver in the series.

Comment

• 1-1 draw. Bradley had a great goal from 40 yards out in the 6th minute. Mexico equalled in the 22nd minute off a great counter attack. After that the US basically parked the bus. Both sides hit the post in the second half. Only the third result for the US in that stadium.

Comment

• Very well done getting the draw in that cauldron.

I'm thinking the Mexican press won't be taking it easy on their national team? They should be beating all of the countries in that area, especially at home. But fully understand it being difficult playing teams who park the bus........ Had three whole seasons watching that with Hibs in the championship. It's not easy. The Mexicans won't accept that as an excuse though.
                    Last edited by Marko69; June 12, 2017, 04:26 AM. Reason: iPhone changing words

Comment

• Azteca was somewhat subdued, Arena deployed a pretty unconventional formation and Mexico was shorthanded. Cameron was really good as was Bradley. For most of Klinsmann's tenure Bradley looked like a fish out of water, he's back to being pretty good.

Comment

• Just managed to see the goal. Absolute cracker. Certainly silenced the 80,000 Mexicans in the stadium.

Can you imagine Trump commentating on this.......

"We're gonna play well, we're not gonna be scared, if they get a free kick, we're gonna build a wall........."

Comment

• Let's keep the Trump talk in the politics forum, please.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sorry about that, Frank. There are so many Trump impersonators on the radio at the moment and I find it hilarious. One was just on before I typed that. No more of that in here. Back to the Shyte-ey Socceeeer! The thread could do witn more in depth analysis from Panoptes though!

Comment

• Bradley almost had a second goal which would have been even better. When Bradley scored that goal I had just turned on the TV a minute prior, I was confused that we could be scoring so early.

Comment

• Definitely worth being shown on here. To see the keeper off his line and dink that to just the right height above the keepers hand is just world class. I remember Chick Charnley done something similar for Hibs back in the late 90s. Great stuff.

[ame]https://youtu.be/08EOUArLNZk[/ame]
                                Last edited by Marko69; June 12, 2017, 10:29 AM. Reason: Changing 80s to 90s..... decades mixed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X