No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give Messi his due, he's a great player. If they win the Cup, it will a great accomplishment for him, the crowning achievement. But for every one of his 800 goals he has at least two dives. Marko knows it too, Messi is a diving, cheating bstd.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I do like watching Dempsey and Donovan analyze it after because they don't hold back. Dempsey's basic point was the US had a ton of crosses all tournament but most of them were crap. Donovan thought the gameplan was naive.

One other thing was weird was the set pieces were absolute shit. Traditionally the US has scored a lot on corners, but they were pathetic this tournament. It's looks like a team that never practiced them.
      They got no quality on the ball in the starting 11 other than Pulisic and Dest. Literally nobody in the midfield has quality to pick a pass.
      Beyond Adams - their king ball winner - they got nothing. Guys who run hard, run themselves into trouble - or just pass it out wide because they don't have the skill to pick a pass.
      From the little I saw of Musah, I liked what I did see - hopefully he develops his game the next 4 years beyond what they brought to this WC.

Comment

I give Messi his due, he's a great player. If they win the Cup, it will a great accomplishment for him, the crowning achievement. But for every one of his 800 goals he has at least two dives. Marko knows it too, Messi is a diving, cheating bstd.
        Am i experiencing a Froot Loops wind up here?
        Thats very very bad analysis of wee Lionel there, Froot.
        Of all the greats, he’s the very least of the diving bstds. Always stays on his feet. When Messi goes to ground, its usually because some lesser unworthy arsehole is being made to look “ordinary” and he’s genuinely halved in two!
        All of us know that on this side o the pond anyway!

And re Oz & soccer?? Fk them. Never been on their side TO turn my back on them. ……. BUT………. AFL? Best sport on the planet by a country mile….., puts the soccer to shame.
        LOVE the Aussies for it 👌👏👏👏👏

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Messi dives a lot

Comment

• When Messi goes to ground, 9.5 out of 10 times theres contact.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Most dives involve some contact.

Comment

• Most “dives” have fresh air! Ronaldo dives. Suarez dives. Two or three Aussies tonight dived. Most of the EPL dive……. Guarantee you, most of Messi’s falls are contact tackles. And to be honest, he’s NOT gone to ground a million times when the cheating bstd commentators say he should have.
                (thats announcers for jaadam)

Comment

• All I know is when the US plays Argentina, he has dove numerous times and benefitted from the dives. He did it today versus Australia, there was contact and he acted like he was shot by a giant cannon. I was concerned his career was over..

Comment

He did it today versus Australia, there was contact and he acted like he was shot by a giant cannon. I was concerned his career was over..
                    Cant speak for USA V Messi games, never witnessed any.
                    And must’ve been away from the TV when the giant cannon episode went down, 🤔, don’t remember seeing that.
                    Saw him being fouled outside the box, he fell, ref thought he dived, …. Slow mo showed an Oz boot going down his shin onto the ankle. Late-ish second half? 80 mins? Looked fucking sore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

They got no quality on the ball in the starting 11 other than Pulisic and Dest. Literally nobody in the midfield has quality to pick a pass.
                      Beyond Adams - their king ball winner - they got nothing. Guys who run hard, run themselves into trouble - or just pass it out wide because they don't have the skill to pick a pass.
                      From the little I saw of Musah, I liked what I did see - hopefully he develops his game the next 4 years beyond what they brought to this WC.
                      That's probably right. They need a lot of these players to develop to the point where they can do more than run hard, I think Reyna will be another player that is good with the ball but this coach wouldn't play him.

Comment

• Diving and cringing on the ground is a big part of Messi play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuopR9Y1zpw some of the good ones lol

Comment

• Ah blast……, that YouTube machine again. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️…… you’ve been found out, Messi. Jaysus fkn Christ. SMH

Can’t stand it when people can see the obvious genius but choose to home in on the negatives. Must say, surprised at you Froot. Feeling sorry for Chompers (an inventor of the fake injury and cheating) but are busting Lionels balls. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Wtf?

Edit to add……. You LIKED a Messi diving clip? Jesus fkn christ man. Thats poor.
                          Or were you liking to say you’re right….. messi dives a bit? Got it. Cant stop S’ingMH. 🤦‍♂️
                          Last edited by Marko69; December 4, 2022, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• Allright. I've held my tongue, but.......

Messi is a fucking Pimple infested fud. He's just like DumBrowski!!! You can't win with that flopping Grubby boot!

Football Soccer GIF
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              Allright. I've held my tongue, but.......

Messi is a fucking Pimple infested fud. He's just like DumBrowski!!! You can't win with that flopping Grubby boot!

Football Soccer GIF

But…….. as a member of this board for past 12 years, I do fear a “Strong” view, even if its my own. So, ( <<< legal) …… can’t be the DWT & FL scenario of the soccer forum and jump to Messi’s defence at every chance. Messi (in my humble opinion) is just too good to go looking for his faults, ……..

So ( <<< two so’s, both legal) …… i’ll beg to differ on this.

Comment

• Still laughing out loud at Dpat’s googling of Scottish terms. Fucking hilarious.
                                By the way, …. A boot can only be a woman.
                                Are you labelling Messi a diving jessie?!

Comment

Working...
                                X