No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And people think its the Americans who are the only nutjobs on Earth…… (love ye all, really!)

Lose a relegation penalty shootout in St Etienne, France……. And get bombed with flares!!

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      And people think its the Americans who are the only nutjobs on Earth…… (love ye all, really!)

Lose a relegation penalty shootout in St Etienne, France……. And get bombed with flares!!

https://youtu.be/2n5ZLvkZDQg
      A major difference is most countries funnel their nutjobs into stadiums.

We hand ours the keys to government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        And people think its the Americans who are the only nutjobs on Earth…… (love ye all, really!)

https://youtu.be/2n5ZLvkZDQg
        To be fair, getting relegated the people in the U.S. simply can't relate to.
        We literally have no earthly conception of "demotion".
        You got 0-16, meh, be back brah for the next season......
        Unless you got busted down in the military - which is part and parcel of the job description I guess.....

I just can't understand why any nation allows flares into the stadium to begin with.
        It's like allowing a handgun through any airport security in the world - why?
        Last edited by Fraquar; June 4, 2022, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me why I’m supposed to be outraged by the new Saudi Golf league?

The PGA is invoking words like “(dis)loyalty”, playing on people’s political sensibilities, and suspending any athletes who play a Saudi event….pretty much everything but offering their athletes a better deal.

Comment

• Bear with me on this, Nick. Going to hold a seance tonight…… try and contact TonyG….. find out if golf is allowed in this thread.

Seriously though…….. what was all the scandal with left wing bastard Mickekson and boycotting it all, then u-turning?

edit: Sorry…….. left HANDED Mickelson.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Meh, you have Tiger in his prime playing in SA instead of playing at the Byron Nelson (when said host was still alive mind you) - and even that gathered little more than a brow-beat.
              Golf, as the PGA has looooooooooong since shown is all about chasing the money - yet they get upset when golfers chase the money too? Lol......

PGA is a Monopoly, and they don't want anything to interfere with that.

The difference?
              Tiger in his prime the PGA needed more than oxygen itself.
              Mickelson? He needs the PGA more than oxygen itself. He's in send me out to pasture" league.
              Last edited by Fraquar; June 10, 2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• The PGA can't compete with the money of the sports washing outfit.. The only thing they have is being able to ban golfers from the important tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  Can anyone tell me why I’m supposed to be outraged by the new Saudi Golf league?

The PGA is invoking words like “(dis)loyalty”, playing on people’s political sensibilities, and suspending any athletes who play a Saudi event….pretty much everything but offering their athletes a better deal.
                  Because it's basically a money and image laundering front for the Saudi government, trying to clean up the perception of all the humanitarian crimes they've committed and the blood money that they are spending for these athletes.

Don't get me wrong, the only reason the PGA is pissed is because LIV is trying to wedge in on their turf, but let's not pretend like LIV is some earnest upstart just trying to get some competition going.

Comment

• The golf fans of the world should all unite, run onto the greens of the world…….. and start chucking flares.
                    “Ahhh What you doing? I just got an albatross on the tricky doglegged 5th you moron!”
                    ”FK U, Mickelson you U turning, money grabbin, left handed bstd!”

Comment

• Does anyone remember hearing the PGA complain about Guantanamo?

Me either

Comment

Does anyone remember hearing the PGA complain about Guantanamo?

Me either
                        Of course not, because the PGA only gives a shit about direct challenges to their monopoly. I don't think anyone is pretending otherwise.

Comment

• This is polluting the soccer thread. Transfer season is upon us.

Nobody watches golf other than the majors. I'm not sure how successful this sports washing venture is going to be but golf has always been about the high end rich consumer demographic.

Comment

• Just before binning the gophers and heading to the farcical amounts of cash involved in the sawwwker summer of transfers…….. my son has developed a quite unbelievable liking for golf.

He was at the golf range maybe once a month before he got his brain tumour last october, (thats tumor for Jaadam) ….., but since that was removed and radiotherapy stopped, he has been using golf as his exercise regime. He is on the chemo until the last week in July. He gets his chemo pills last week of each month since last December and they make him tired……… SO……. For that week, he gets the golf buggy Superb. 👌👏👏👏

Actual conv with Scotty and his best mate Daniel last week of May….
                            Daniel: “This a chemo week?”
                            Scott: “Aye it is.”
                            Daniel: “Nae bother, lazy bastard golf buggy required!”
                            🤦‍♂️

Comment

Does anyone remember hearing the PGA complain about Guantanamo?

Me either
                              You can't win with that Guantanomo guy. He is just not a winner. Doesn't sink the puts to win the game.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

You can't win with that Guantanomo guy. He is just not a winner. Doesn't sink the puts to win the game.
                                Yes, that European group tournament with JM Olazabel, Garcia & Guantanamo didn't work out. Guan really let them down. Also with JM & Serg stylish as ever, he really let them down playing in an orange boiler suit for 4 days. Come on, Guantanamo, get your act together, son!

Comment

Working...
                                X