Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• At least the last time they got swept they gave Cleveland a fairly tough series. Milwaukee didn't even break a sweat in this one.

Comment

• As long as Drummond is here this team will never do anything. It's similar to the Stafford haters. You pay both guys megabucks and neither moves the needle. You're stuck with them. Every other decision you make revolves around "building" around that player. Taking a "shooter" in Kennard over the totally obvious Mitchell pick (highest verticle in that draft and ballhawk defender.) The Lions constantly giving Stafford "weapons" and he never does anything with them.

The worst thing in sports is paying megabucks to players who are not elite, but have the illusion of being elite.

So ya, basically the Pistons/Lions are fucked building around these guys.

Comment

• The constantly giving Stafford more weapons narrative is silly, they rarely have weapons at all. They really haven't had a true weapon since Calvin retired. People got up in arms about losing Tate show you have little in they have had in weapons. He went to the Eagles and struggled to get on the field as a #3 receiver and he was the weapon in Detroit.

Drummond is a problem and should be dealt, but he ain't the reason they are whiffing on draft picks and free agent signings. That's excusing the Pistons for bad management, Drummond has nothing to do with that.

Comment

• Sure it does. SVG even said as much with the "shooter" draft pick. An unathletic non-defending shooter in Kennard. They signed Galloway for $7-8 per or whatever. Leuer got $10 million per. It was all about putting "shooters" around our "franchise, cough, cough" player in Drummond.

SVG tried to incorporate the same system when he went to the Finals with the Magic. Drummond/Dwight. Non shooting centers with 4 shooters around them.

Drummond got the MAX as the franchise guy, to think the front office didn't make decisions based on surrounding him with talent is pure nonsense.

Comment

• No, it was solely SVG's fault for the Mitchell pick. You are excusing him for that pick for no reason. The dude was a terrible GM. It isn't on Drummond for that pick, he has his own issues but not Luke Kennard. So what they tried to find shooters? Thats the fucking NBA, whether or not they have Drummond, they need to find a bunch of fucking shooters. If you don't have shooters, you can't win in today's league. Duh.

They would probably be in better shape if they traded Drummond, but to blame him for the front office BS is the height of lunacy. Drummond's biggest crime is he has been one of the only productive players in the last 10 years of the franchise. They overrated him and paid him too much but take a look at all of the decade's transactions and it is awful. The fact is SVG couldn't find any shooters, they picked up a nearly washed up Wayne Ellington and he instantly became one of their better shooters.

The had Dinwiddie and Middleton on the roster and couldn't find time on the court for them while they were piling up 30 win seasons.

Comment

• Oh, I'm not excusing him at all for Mitchell. I hated that pick. Thought Mitchell had star potential. He's a star.

Comment

• Everyone hated the pick except Van Gundy.

Comment

• The Pistons are stuck in purgatory and I don't think Gores sees it at all. Hopefully Stefanski does.. My biggest fear is they tread water 2-3 years then blow it up and start a rebuild that could take several more years.

Comment

• That's why they should probably just move Griffin while he has top value...The longer they delay, the less value he will have.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                        That's why they should probably just move Griffin while he has top value...The longer they delay, the less value he will have.
                        lol.. no one is taking Griffin and that contract. We were the one team that could free them of that burden
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                          The Pistons are stuck in purgatory and I don't think Gores sees it at all.
                          This is the truth

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

lol.. no one is taking Griffin and that contract. We were the one team that could free them of that burden
                            Well it did help that he stayed healthy almost the whole season and put up big numbers, but yes huge contracts like that are tough to move unless you take back a huge contract in return, which is not what Pistons would want to do.

Comment

• If they wanted to move Griffin, they could. There are more teams with cap room than players to spend it on. I doubt they want to move him. You have to watch out what garbage you might be taking in return.

Honestly treading water with this cast of characters may be the best option. Trying to move these contracts may cost them draft picks, trying to improve the team will cost them draft picks. The most important thing they need to do is draft some productive players. There is no law that says you can't draft productive players in the mid first round and second round. There seems to be a law that says the Pistons can't. No more Henry Ellenson draft picks.

Comment

• Yeah, there seems to be a rule that the Pistons can't, thus the longer they sit spinning their wheels when they need to tank is a wasted season.

If they were going to find a Giannis or Curry or Mitchell in the middle of the round, don't you think if by nothing but random chance it would have happened in the last decade?
                                Last edited by chemiclord; May 1, 2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X