Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    I would enjoy that Finals… assuming Trae and CP3 are healthy. Seems like a big assumption with the way things have gone.
    Fun, random, Finals.

Hope we hear some good news about Giannis MRI today. Negative result and it’s simply a hyperextended knee. There are some rumblings that Giannis tore his ACL. Possibly worse (shattered more in his knee).
    Yeah, hopefully it is nothing serious. It sure looked scary, though. It looked like he was going to try to come back into the game before the Hawks went on that tear. I'm not sure that would have been wise.

And Reggie Miller...Jesus. The fucking guy had no idea how bad Giannis was hurt, but "Hey! He's walking on it, so he must be OK" is a hell of a medical diagnosis.

I remember Gary Danielson saying that walking on it to get off the field meant nothing. He said he hurt his knee in a preseason game and walked off the field on his own and was out for the season.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If it turns out to be an ACL injury, this would be very reminiscent of Klay Thompson tearing his ACL in the 2019 NBA Finals. Thompson came back into the game after the initial scare. That adrenaline!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They're done
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My wife tore her ACL about 10 years back and she walked around Disney world two days later.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            My wife tore her ACL about 10 years back and she walked around Disney world two days later.
            She’d be a star in the G league
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

She’d be a star in the G league
              Haha! Well played
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The endless reviews for flagrants in the NBA is a drag, they look at the slightest contact with a super slo mo. They do that but they rarely curtail Beverly's nonsense. He chirps, chirps, chirps and it seems like he is the only guy in the league who gets to hand check. When I say hand check, I mean full force slaps. That ejection was a long time coming and could have been nipped in the bud earlier in the series. Jackson and Van Gundy continually justifying his ridiculous behavior as being necessary to stay in the league is ridiculous. You can play good defense without a lot of the nonsense he brings to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The endless reviews for flagrants in the NBA is a drag, they look at the slightest contact with a super slo mo. They do that but they rarely curtail Beverly's nonsense. He chirps, chirps, chirps and it seems like he is the only guy in the league who gets to hand check. When I say hand check, I mean full force slaps. That ejection was a long time coming and could have been nipped in the bud earlier in the series. Jackson and Van Gundy continually justifying his ridiculous behavior as being necessary to stay in the league is ridiculous. You can play good defense without a lot of the nonsense he brings to the table.
                  Wikipedia was updated to show how 'tough' Beverley is, LOL.

Attached Files
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 20 - Jericho Sims

6-10, 245 Power Forward
                      Texas Senior
                      Birthday 10/20/98 (22.7 yrs)
                      Hometown Minneapolis, MN
                      High School Cristo Rey Jesuit

Team Site Profile
                      Statistics

I am intrigued by this kid. Had an opportunity to watch him at the NBA combine and he was jumping out the gym and dunking on everybody. He gets so much elevation that he looks down at the rim. A good defender that averaged 1.2 blk/gm.

Jericho Sims Full Highlights in Big-12 Championship 3.13.21 | 21 PTS, 14 RBS, 3 STL, and 2 BLKS

He on pick and rolls with Cade/Killian/Bey or Grant could be something.

He should be available with any of our second rd picks (37, 42 or 52).

Jericho Sims Scouting Report: 2021 NBA Draft

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I turned the game off last night after they reviewed that PatBev block from behind on Ayton. I can’t stand the ESPN idiot clownshow coverage. Not to mention the constant replay every fucking foul.

Comment

• I like Breen as a PBP guy and I like Van Gundy when he is giving actual technical analysis on what another team is doing. But when they get to a foul and those reviews, it is interminable. Most of the time Jackson speaks in boilerplate cliches and I'm always reminded what a clown show the Warriors were with him as coach. They fire him and hire Kerr and history was made.

Interestingly Kerr was the best commentator out there and there is a real sliding doors issue where SVG was close to taking that job, but the Pistons offered him power. The whole NBA is different in that scenario.

Comment

• Dude, Jackson is a fucking weirdo. He tried to convert Curry into some born again cult. He also had spies on his staff. There’s a reason he’s never had another coaching gig.

The articles are all out there. He’s one of those true religious fucking weirdos. Jason Kidd admitted to beating his wife and has had numerous coaching gigs. Billups just got a gig and dealt with total PR disaster based on some 1997 sexual assault allegation.

There’s behind the scenes weirdo shit with Jackson if you really care to go down that wormhole.

Comment

• I forgot about the Jason Kidd thing all of those years back.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Dude, Jackson is a fucking weirdo. He tried to convert Curry into some born again cult. He also had spies on his staff. There’s a reason he’s never had another coaching gig.

The articles are all out there. He’s one of those true religious fucking weirdos. Jason Kidd admitted to beating his wife and has had numerous coaching gigs. Billups just got a gig and dealt with total PR disaster based on some 1997 sexual assault allegation.

There’s behind the scenes weirdo shit with Jackson if you really care to go down that wormhole.
                                WOW! WTF. Mental illness is real and really more prevalent then people want to admit to. Well, until that person grabs a gun and heads to the local school.

Comment

Working...
                                X