No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't run Cade at the point. He could play there, but in the pros I want him looking to attack and not hamstring the rest of the team because he's trying to score. Keep it simple so everyone plays fast and aggressive.

Like G Hill could have played PG. Cade is college fast enough to pay PG every game, but his slight lack of speed may get exposed against the faster PGs in the league. It would be like when the Lions had Ragnow playing Guard. Yeah he can. And well. But he is outstanding at Center.

Cade's best pos has to be SG.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Goddammit NBA. These playoffs are making me look forward to the games each night and now the Pistons have the first pick in the draft?

Fuck. Am I going to have to start paying attention to the league again?

Fuckers.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• I wouldn't devote too much attention to his best position.
          If you can score enough at point guard, they can hide you.

You pick him, play all of these guys and see what works. You can play him at 1,2 and 3 and see how he fits

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Goddammit NBA. These playoffs are making me look forward to the games each night and now the Pistons have the first pick in the draft?

Fuckers.
            Yep, once you adopt an EPL team, my work will be complete.

Comment

Goddammit NBA. These playoffs are making me look forward to the games each night and now the Pistons have the first pick in the draft?

Fuckers.
              Not sure what you are seeing that would trigger that. Gimme some of that stuff you smokin' for cataracts. :D
              Don't bogart that joint, my friend. Pass it over to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yep, once you adopt an EPL team, my work will be complete.
                As they say, never say never, but... Magic Eight Ball says, "Outlook not too good"
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Holy shit. I just looked at Reggie Jackson numbers. He’s been doing well. Good for him.

I still don’t like him but good for him
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Less pressure now that Jackson isn't "the guy." He has had several big games in the playoffs this season.
                    Doesn't mean the Pistons were wrong to get rid of Jackson. Sometimes a change of scenery makes a difference .... as it did with Griffin. Kinda did with Josh Jackson as he had several nice games with the Pistons.

Good video breaking down the top of the NBA Draft:

The Best Prospects and Potential Trades in the 2021 NBA Draft / The Ringer

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jackson not being the primary ballhamdler helps him immensely as does playing with Patrick Beverley. Beverley is always going to take the harder assignment and be as annoying anyone can be. Once Beverley retires he can go straight in pro wrestling.

Comment

Fuckers.
                        MAn, I said the same thing. After I calmed down a little from getting that top pick and then having some enthusiasm for watching the conference finals (both), I just thought, "You sumb!thes." "Well done NBA. Well done indeed."
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Jackson not being the primary ballhamdler helps him immensely as does playing with Patrick Beverley. Beverley is always going to take the harder assignment and be as annoying anyone can be. Once Beverley retires he can go straight in pro wrestling.
                          That's why Cade shouldn't be that either. Let the kid flow free, score or assist if they send help.

BTW, when I read "ballhamdler" I had thoughts of the HamBurglar"

Comment

• I'm not sure it's an analogous situation. The way the Clippers play when Beverley and Jackson together, they share ballhandling duties but Jackson is the clear off guard and most importantly he is the 3rd or 4th option on offense. In Detroit he has expected to run the offense and he alternated with Ish Smith for those duties.

Point guards nowadays are more lead guards, they are expected to score and facilitate. I'm on record saying I don't care what position Cunningham plays. We haven't seen enough to know. Pick him, play him and figure it out. It's whatever position you can effectively hunt for pick and roll opportunities with him. His ready made ability to switch on defense makes him the number 1 pick.

Comment

• I agree. I'm just saying there is no reason to make up a conflict between playing/keeping him or Hayes. I'm with you in that these "positions" are moreso for defensive purposes. Even with the Bulls Scottie was the primary ball handler, not Steve Kerr.

Comment

• It might be that in 2021/22 we see Hayes and Cunningham are not going to work together but I want to see it. There is no reason to do anything with Hayes or pick someone else because of the fit with Hayes. I didn't get that Jonathan Tjarks article and generally respect his stuff. Worrying about fit or not having a vet ballhamdler misreads what the situation is in Detroit and specifically misreading Weaver. He hasn't been a stand pat guy, he is more like a Daryl Morey type with his activity.

Inactivity has been the problem with the Pistons for the Pistons for well over a decade. But I think those days are over, right now you pick Cunningham and he is the clear piece you build around. The rest of the roster is promising but you shouldn't get too attached to any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X