Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jackson and Galloway are expirings so that's $25 million. Snell most likely would have to be included (two years remaining.) So that's $37 million.

Then you have Kennard/Sekou and draft picks.

A deal is there because we have three things OKC would look for. Expirings, young talent, and #1 picks.

Comment

• I do it because Blake is signed for 3 more years. He's already an aging player in his lower 30's. This owner refuses to tank, so getting WB is fine because he has 4 years left. Those are your two stars. Blake and WB. Both guys on massive deals in their early 30's. They are clearly stars and AS level talents, so I would be for it.

What's the overall package? Tough to tell, but it seems like Jackson/Galloway/Snell/Luke/#1 could do it. Or you keep Luke and offer two #1 picks.

OKC is in cap hell. They paid $40 million last year and still currently could pay the repeater tax. So there is incentive to blow it up there.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            I do it because Blake is signed for 3 more years. He's already an aging player in his lower 30's. This owner refuses to tank, so getting WB is fine because he has 4 years left. Those are your two stars. Blake and WB. Both guys on massive deals in their early 30's. They are clearly stars and AS level talents, so I would be for it.

What's the overall package? Tough to tell, but it seems like Jackson/Galloway/Snell/Luke/#1 could do it. Or you keep Luke and offer two #1 picks.

OKC is in cap hell. They paid $40 million last year and still currently could pay the repeater tax. So there is incentive to blow it up there.
            I mean, fuck it. If you're not going to tank (which the Pistons absolutely should), then go all in and do it. Throw in a first. It's not like Gores has any interest in a first round pick that would be in a coveted position anyway. A bunch of trash and the #12-18 for someone who along with Griffin at least potentially jolt some life in this franchise that has been hellbent on the fight for the 8-seed?

Fuck it. Why not?

Comment

• I would do it for the right deal. That means not giving up a lot of future assets. You are making a bet that a change of scenery makes a difference, this is the type of trade you make it you are going on the path the Pistons are going on. I don't really care for Westbrook's game and I wouldn't want to build a team around him. He is way too hero ball for me and I'm not sure how well he ages but if you are able to keep the main players and not give up too much in future picks he makes you a contender in a weakened East.

Comment

• Ya, that's where I'm at. It's a risk for sure, but he's still an elite talent. To get two stars is worth it in this era of the NBA. We've been stuck in purgatory for so long and with an owner who values the playoffs, even as an 8th seed. I don't see us landing anyone better in the years ahead.

If I'm moving expirings and one of Luke/Sekou plus a 1st, then I'm in.

the Heat are interested, but something to note. TWO of the 1st rounders OKC got in the PG deal are actually Heat picks. So why would OKC move WB to the Heat? Making them better decreases the value of their future picks.

Comment

• I get the fears about his AA declining, but he's such a freak. Even if WB loses some AA, he's still going to be very athletic.

I'm just sick of this purgatory shit. WB/Blake/Drummond can do some damage in the playoffs.

Comment

• Depending on the details would to see Westbrook in Detroit. I would prefer to keep Kennard and Sekou. If I had to give up 2 #1s to do it I would to keep those two.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If they want to give up some combination of Jackson, etc... and a protected 1 and a couple 2s. I'm all for it. But Kennard is starting to show a little something and you can't give the French Freak away before you even know what you have.

But yeah, absent those 3 things (LK, Doubuoya, unprotected 1st), I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Russell Westbrook, hell no! Wrong side of 30 and that contract? The last year of that contract is 45 mil.

Due to his inflated annual salary and aggressive style of play, not every team would be interested in acquiring Westbrook, but he would have some suitors. According to a report from Sam Amick of The Athletic, the Detroit Pistons, Miami Heat and Houston Rockets would all potentially be interested in adding Westbrook via trade.

From The Athletic:
                          And while the mountains of money owed to Westbrook are known to have scared quite a few general managers away, sources say that Detroit and Miami are very real possibilities as potential landing spots for the 30-year-old eight-time All-Star.

AP Rockets, Heat, Pistons all reportedly in mix for Russell Westbrook

By Dane DelgadoJul 7, 2019, 2:00 PM EDT
                          7 Comments
                          What will happen to Russell Westbrook now that Paul George has forced his way to the Los Angeles Clippers to play with Kawhi Leonard?

Sam Presti could decide to tear it all down in Oklahoma City, pressing the reset button on the Thunder for the foreseeable future and waiting until his massive haul of picks can render him another contender down the line. Or Oklahoma City could decide to simply rebuild around its one remaining superstar.

Presti is exploring trade options for Westbrook, and the three teams that are reportedly in the mix to land the 30-year-old point guard are the Houston Rockets, Detroit Pistons, and the Miami Heat.

Via Sam Amick and Brett Dawson of The Athletic:
                          James Harden). The notion of Westbrook sharing the floor with two other ball-dominant guards is unorthodox, to say the least, but Morey has long held the belief that landing as many elite players as possible is the path to championship glory.
                          Blake Griffin, or Jimmy Butler
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• SVIATOSLAV MYKHAILIUKSG, DETROIT PISTONS
                            Svi Mykhailiuk scored 17 points with one rebound, five assists, one steal, one block, six turnovers and two 3-pointers in 30 minutes against Croatia on Friday.

He even got some point-guard minutes during this one and did distribute the ball well in this win. Svi went off in the 2018 summer league with a 31-point explosion, and he'll likely have a couple monster games this month. He could have a shot at the rotation in the fall, but he would need a terrific offseason.

Jul 5, 2019, 4:48 PM ET

Comment

• KHYRI THOMASSF, DETROIT PISTONS
                              Khyri Thomas made 9-of-20 from the field for 26 points with six rebounds, two assists, two steals, four turnovers and seven 3-pointers in 31 minutes.

It was a 3-point barrage from the second-year swingman, who has only hit two-plus treys just twice in his NBA career. Thomas should have several opportunities to put up productive scoring games in Vegas, but he is not expected to get many minutes in October.

Jul 5, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Comment

• BRUCE BROWNSF, DETROIT PISTONS
                                Bruce Brown notched a double-double in Saturday's win against the Blazers, scoring 17 points with three rebounds, 10 assists, one steal and three blocks in 29 minutes.

This makes for back-to-back strong outings from Brown, who is playing in his second Summer League. After being used as essentially a defense-only wing for the Pistons in his rookie season, an increase in play-making could see him stand out among his competition in the rotation.

Jul 6, 2019, 6:29 PM ET

Comment

Working...
                                X