No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird was an excellent athlete as he was pretty fast. He would have been fine in today's game, but he would have had to work out in the off-season which he famously rarely did.

That's the biggest change from the 80s and 90s, a lot of those guys weren't doing much in the summer.

Comment

• Bird hurt his back building his own driveway. Could you imagine if that happened today?

Comment

• Bird, IMO, is probably the most interesting nba player ever. If somebody tried hard to argue with me that he was the GOAT ... I'd disagree, but at least I could see the thinking ... whereas kobe for example ... no, there is no chance, he's a poor man's MJ ... Bird had a completely unique game and was tough, too. Ice in his veins
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• LBJ walked off the court the other day with 6 mins left in the game. Totally mailed it in that game, too.

MJ would NEVER EVER EVER mail in a game. NEVER!

Comment

• LBJ's case is always going to be based on longevity, how dominant he was for the length of time he was in the league. There is nobody this far into the career who is still as good as he is. He does a lot of drama queen nonsense and he is much more likely to pack up and leave than stay and fight when the team loses.

It's fun to talk about, it's kind of like Brady versus Montana. Back in the day, Tony G would argue that Montana was better than Brady because he never lost a SB, but at the time Brady was like 4-2 in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• I will always remember LBJ quitting on the Cavs when he found out Delonte West was piping his mom.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                I will always remember LBJ quitting on the Cavs when he found out Delonte West was piping his mom.
                What?! Never heard that! Yikes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                  LBJ walked off the court the other day with 6 mins left in the game. Totally mailed it in that game, too.

MJ would NEVER EVER EVER mail in a game. NEVER!
                  Every single Pistons fan should know THAT'S not true. Jordan checked out PLENTY of times, especially when he got frustrated.

Comment

• The Lakers are getting blown out in the second quarter, it will be interesting to see when Lebron checks out of this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The Lakers are getting blown out in the second quarter, it will be interesting to see when Lebron checks out of this one.
                      Oh, I'd wager he was checked out before tip-off.

That IS something that Jordan really didn't do much, letting bullshit from previous games leak into the next one. Lebron can and has.

Comment

• It didn't matter, the Lakers played very hard to get back in the game but Booker was magnificent.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Anyways, last night was a great game. Go watch the highlights if you missed it, talking about the glory days of yesteryear is boring.

One last thing about the physical nature of the old days, giving hard fouls has its place, but always understand when you resort to that it is a failure of defense. It is a last resort option because your team couldn't stay in front of their man.
                          Your team would have to deal with the other team leaning on them all day too which will tire defenders down and make them softie 3 shooters shot come up short later in the game too. You basically are saying this game would be played in today's rules. If it was the waaaaaaay more physical rules of the Bad Boy era I don't think your team has a shot of winning. Especially pre-three era.

And yesterday's teams were as much better at playing defense as todays teams are at shooting the 3. It ALL depends on the rules because if there is no 3 pt shot, you don't stand a chance. If it is strictly by today's mambi pansy rules, yesterday's teams probably couldn't compete. Although I would love to see who would stop Zeke, Reggie Miller, Bird, Kareem, Barkely, Jordan, Pippen, Stockton, The RAIN MAN, et.... and not foul? Good luck. Back then they were beating the hale out of each other and still had the mental fortitude to fight through. Isaiah would average a triple double today.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Every single Pistons fan should know THAT'S not true. Jordan checked out PLENTY of times, especially when he got frustrated.
                            Well, at least he didn't have a migraine
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I have watched parts of some games lately. I think Brooklyn should leave Harden right where he is.

BTW, still not impressed. Reminds me of going up to my HS in the summer and watching a summer league game where guys are just shooting threes back and forth with not much resistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                I have watched parts of some games lately. I think Brooklyn should leave Harden right where he is.

BTW, still not impressed. Reminds me of going up to my HS in the summer and watching a summer league game where guys are just shooting threes back and forth with not much resistance.
                                I think what Curry and Golden State did is really cool but I’m surprised at how much they changed the game. I’m not a huge fan of straight up chucking either. That’s why I loved that 2004 Pistons team so much. They could do it all.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X