Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    They can drop four spots? I thought the worst they could fall to was 5.
    They finished with the 2nd worst record, so their potential range is 1-6. And they just weren’t going to be as bad as Houston, who were god awful.

Comment

• All that tanking for a 14% chance @ #1

Yay!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        All that tanking for a 14% chance @ #1

Yay!
        As long as we don't draft a Darko 2.0 with whatever our pick turns out to be, I can live with it.

It would be nice to make up for the colossal blunder Joe Dumars made when he picked Darko in '03 over Wade, Bosh, and Anthony.

Heck, even Chris Kaman, David West, Mo Williams, or even Kyle Korver would've been better than Darko.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

As long as we don't draft a Darko 2.0 with whatever our pick turns out to be, I can live with it.

It would be nice to make up for the colossal blunder Joe Dumars made when he picked Darko in '03 over Wade, Bosh, and Anthony.

Heck, even Chris Kaman, David West, Mo Williams, or even Kyle Korver would've been better than Darko.

I actually looked at that draft night as well. Melo or Wade would have carried that team over another 5+ years or awesomeness
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Pleasantly surprised the Pistons perfectly pulled off the tank job this season. Well done.
            A couple weeks ago, I was nervous that the Pistons would win games vs Orlando and Minnesota. Nope, didn’t happen.

Now it’s up to those ping-pong balls.
            80% chance of picking in the top 5. 52% chance of picking in the top 4.
            Pistons have never improved their spot with the lottery. We are due. At least don’t screw us with that #6 pick....
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd love to get Cade as I think he's a seriously legit NBA player. He's a borderline star but any one of Cade, Mobley, Suggs or Green would make us a really talented young squad.

Cade or Suggs would make Hayes expendable but he's got talent. I'm sure they could flip him for a pick or player.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Pleasantly surprised the Pistons perfectly pulled off the tank job this season. Well done.
                A couple weeks ago, I was nervous that the Pistons would win games vs Orlando and Minnesota. Nope, didn’t happen.

Now it’s up to those ping-pong balls.
                80% chance of picking in the top 5. 52% chance of picking in the top 4.
                Pistons have never improved their spot with the lottery. We are due. At least don’t screw us with that #6 pick....
                At this point, the results of the lottery are out of everyone’s control (or at least the non cynical part of me believes that). And while this season’s “success” will ultimately be measured by the lottery outcome, I’ve got nothing but praise for Weaver and Casey and how they handled this season. From identifying and (aggressively) acquiring both the short and long term talent they felt was right for this team, churning the roster, player development, clearing the books, and managing priorities with conviction during a pandemic season, the plan was clear. How often have teams (purposely) finished with abysmal records while still being able to keep fans engaged and hopeful based on the product that they put on the floor? Not many (if any) that I can think of.

Comment

• Hayes being hurt early cost them some wins as well IMO but this team played great this year. I’m looking forward to seeing how they progress
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This is the most enthusiastic I've felt about the Pistons since 2008. Purgatory land was so lifeless when it comes to fanhood.

For now, love what Weaver has done. We'll see if it pays off in a couple years... I might have said the same thing about Al Avila and the Tigers 3 years ago. Though with MLB, it's ridiculous to think you have to tank to be good. The "have to hit on 1st RD picks" strategy. Tigers just suck... whatever.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If you didn’t like Troy Weaver already, time to change your tune

Comment

• So who do we take with the 6th pick?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdk2002 View Post
                          So who do we take with the 6th pick?
                          Ed Monix would have to be at the top of the list
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• James Edwards III of the Athletic has mentioned this kid a few times as someone to watch if the Pistons land at outside the top 4.

Comment

• I’d rather just draft Cade
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                I’d rather just draft Cade
                                Me too. Hope they “win the lottery.”

Comment

Working...
                                X