Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know Jimmy Walker's son is gonna be down

He knows it means a lot for his hometown and especially the kids of the city. Very cool
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My comp with Cade is a bigger in his prime Brandon Roy.

Comment

• I’m telling you, that Cade/Bey/Grant wing rotation is just nasty. The whole league is looking for those 6’8” switchable guys with length who can shoot. We have three of them.

Comment

• We got a ton of size, IQ, and toughness when we can roll out Hayes/Cade/Bey/Grant/Stew.

The jury is out on Hayes and he had that awful hip injury, but his life just got easier with adding another ballhandler.

Comment

• Like the Roy comp because that's different. People forget how great Roy was prior to that injury.
            Hearing a lot of CADE comparisons to Grant Hill and Jayson Tatum.

I think Jalen is ESPN's guy for any Michigan sports takes. Particularly with Michigan basketball. Also, the Lions a few months ago when they were going through GM/HC change. Hardly watch ESPN anymore due to cable cutting, but have noticed that in my YouTube feed.
            Jalen must have been a big Detroit sports fan growing up. Born in Detroit + high school star in Detroit. Pretty cool to see nonetheless.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I remember watching Jalen in the State Championship at the Palace. It's amazing what a career he carved out without a right hand. That's maybe the second biggest difference in basketball in the last 30 years is the handles people have.

Comment

• Hayes' injury must not have been that nasty considering he came back fairly quick.

Comment

• After watching the Suns last night, I'm hopeful we can do a turnaround in 3-4 years. Ayrton was taken first overall in 2018. I believe he was 19 at the time.

Comment

• That hip labrum has a long history of happening again. Career ending type shit.

Comment

• Ayton went 1 and then Luka 3 and Trae went 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        We got a ton of size, IQ, and toughness when we can roll out Hayes/Cade/Bey/Grant/Stew.

The jury is out on Hayes and he had that awful hip injury, but his life just got easier with adding another ballhandler.
                        Hayes really needs to tighten up his jump shot this off season. If he can do that and Cade is who we think he is, this team is going to be very exciting.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          After watching the Suns last night, I'm hopeful we can do a turnaround in 3-4 years. Ayrton was taken first overall in 2018. I believe he was 19 at the time.
                          Better be sooner then 4 years. In 3-4 years some of these players will be looking to move on. That means the rookies from last year are in year 4-5.

In today's sports, it isn't like yesteryear. You don't have 5 years to get it done. The make up of contracts won't let you since you have to know if you're going to re-up a guy or not. 2-3 years will tell if you're on the right track.

Comment

• Read that it varies for hip injuries like that. It really depends on how severe it was.
                            LaMarcus Aldridge suffered a hip injury during his college days at Texas. Aldridge obviously had a successful NBA career, but the hip thing came back to bite him.
                            It ruined Isaiah Thomas' (Celtics/Cavs) career.

My thoughts .... Don't let Killian Hayes get in your way of roster building. If CADE is BPA and you aren't blown away by a trade offer, draft CADE. Hayes turning out to be a success would be icing on the cake. Don't be forced into going after Green or Mobley just because "you have your PG in Killian Hayes" as The Ringer article below suggests. Who cares about fit right now. The Pistons won 20 games last season.

How Other NBA players have fared with similar hip injuries to Killian Hayes
                            https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2021/...-killian-hayes

Should the Pistons Ignore Fit and Take Cade Cunningham?
                            https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/23/...en-green-draft
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• When the Lions get to a certain level of talent, they just lose talent and replace. Wash, rinse, repeat.

To be a contending team, you have to start building an abundance of talent. IDK where the idea of getting rid of our highest drafted player from last year comes from. Hayes, Grant and Cade should be able interchange between the 1-3 positions. Bey 2-4 depending on who he has to guard at PF.

Comment

• PG - Hayes
                                SG - Cade
                                SF - Grant/Bey
                                PF - Stewart/Grant
                                C - Plumlee

Sixth man - Bey/Stewart

Comment

Working...
                                X