• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    So how are they going to fuck it up?
    My NBA Mock:

1. DET - Cunningham

END MOCK

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Do the Pistons dare consider a massive trade package from OKC for the #1 overall pick? Troy Weaver's former boss in Presti. Heard this idea from The Ringer. Could even do a 3-way trade where the Pistons end up picking at #3 while receiving a huge package from OKC. Chatter that the Cavs might not want to stay at #3 if Mobley is gone.

I say no.
    Front office might think differently from the fanbase. From a fan perspective, having a player like CADE is one of the most exciting things that I can recall. Rare moment in our lifetime. Go with CADE!
    Hales no. In the NBA the top pick is somewhat sacred. A team would have to give up a young Allstar to even make a GM stay on the phone. No quantity of picks would ever suffice.

So no. Hale no
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

My NBA Mock:

1. DET - Cunningham

END MOCK

👍
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I taped it and had forgotten it was on. So I watched the final 5 min of the game (perfect) and then watched it after. I just kept watching saying, "Ok here it is" Got pretty nervous once it got under 6. Then they went to commercial. I forgot that quickly (in my excitement) that it was a recording . Then 6,5,4... Ok we're top 3 at least. 3... OK at least we stayed put. And when they showed HOU at #2 I just started shouting YEAH! YEAH!

I should have watched it earlier because it took me a minute to calm down to get to sleep.

NBA Players React (Check Swin Cash)

All his College (2021) Highlights - Enjoy
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Some are saying he's Grant Hill. But I think he's Grant Hill and Alan Houston combined. Grant's 3 shot was not that good.

Comment

• He has a ton of similarities to Hill for sure. I like how he demands the ball. This kid is 19 years old. The more I watch or his game the more I like him. His college supporting cast was pretty crap and he still looked like a superstar.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And BTW he is versatile enough to play 1-4 so there's no issue with playing time or everyone getting time. Just take the kid. It's a lay-up.

Comment

• Mrs. Shock will get her wish and we will finally go to a game this year. I'm pretty pumped right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I guess would depend an awful lot on said haul.

Cade's probably the "best" prospect... but I wouldn't say he's a far and above #1 prospect. Say, I dunno... Suggs or Mobley is sitting there #3 and the Pistons can get him AND a bunch of other picks for Cunningham? I'd have to at least think about it.

(But yeah, at the end of the day, unless it was some ridiculous haul, I'd say no as well.)
                  Agree.

OKC has the picks to make it interesting.
                  As many as 18 1st RD picks in the next seven drafts. 36 total draft picks. No idea what a ridiculous haul would look like. Our Detroit fan base needs a splash like CADE right now.
                  If OKC is willing to make a Herschel Walker-like offer…. 500 cents on the dollar. Pistons still end up with that + Green/ Mobley in a three-way trade …. IDK.

Ultimately think you stick with Cade because the Pistons have a young core of players on the roster. Pistons need high-end talent right now.

We know that Troy Weaver loves to make moves…. We’ll see what he does. Credit to Weaver for making this insane turnaround in 12 months on the job. A little luck involved yesterday, but moving the Pistons from purgatory to “fade for Cade”…. It actually paid off.

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  Cunningham is a playermaker but he isn't a point.

Likely lineup

Stewart
                  Grant
                  Bey
                  Cunningham
                  Hayes
                  Cade “played the point”/ ran the show at OKST at times. Think he has the ability to orchestrate an offense. As in, being the guy that handles the ball in crunch time.
                  The fun thing is both Hayes and Cunningham can make some crazy passes.
                  As long as one of them can shoot, the backcourt might work. Cade likely to be much, much better there than Hayes.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• REACTION:Pistons' 'Fade for Cade' Cunningham pays off, fans go bonkers

THE FUTURE:Pistons have No. 1 pick, so let's watch Cade Cunningham highlights

Comment

• By winning the lottery, the Detroit Pistons will be in the driver's seat to draft Oklahoma State's Cade Cunningham or control their destiny via trade.

'Praise God': Detroit Pistons win NBA draft lottery for 1st time, own No. 1 pick in draft

(Troy Weaver's post lottery interview is on this page. He seems like a very determined fella)

Comment

• Grant was fully formed when he came into the league, but at the same time these guys get to that level much quicker.

Those type of trades just don't happen all that much. It's nice to have a surplus of picks but they are a lot less useful than a surplus of picks in the NFL. If you think Cunningham is the guy, just take him. The NBA is all about rangy wings who can D up. The Pistons have the potential with the current roster to be really good defensively really quick.

As it stands they'll have 5 or 6 young guys in their 3rd year or less along with Grant and Plumlee this year to figure out what they have before free agency next summer. Not all of these guys will pan out or be here. But it will be a nice year of evaluation. They will be too talented to tank, but it would be foolish to think that those rookies will all look better when they are actually playing for wins instead of garbage time stats.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Comment

• I love how Jalen always boosts the Pistons when he never played for them, in fact the bulk of his career was with division rivals.

Comment

Working...
                                X