No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cade would fit on all 30 teams, though. He’s just that type of player. He’s like the perfect player you could design for the modern game. And he’s 6’8” 220. His ability on both ends and size would be grown in a lab if teams could choose the perfect player

Comment

• Nah, I run small with Stew at C. I want Bey/Cade/Grant out there together.

Comment

• Yeah I imagine Plumlord and Stewart will be splitting the 5. It's all about the small ball lineup nowadays.
        Hopefully Stewart ascends and becomes the starter by 2022/2023.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• By 2021/22 they could be a contender. The East is not full of great teams waiting their turn, Atlanta was a 20 win team last year. The Pistons will definitely be in the playoff hunt this season but it will be a year figuring out what they have. You might only need to pick up one big get next year in free agency. Those rookies showed a lot last season, but it was no pressure garbage time minutes, this year will be a good yardstick to see how good they are.

Comment

• After next year the Blake deal is off the books. So we’re looking at a team with a lot good young players and $ to spend. Just like the Tigers.

Comment

• There is a large difference between the two. A chasm the size of the Grand Canyon.

Comment

• Oh. You mean by the Pistons having the 2nd worst record last year and Tigers having the 3rd worst?

Fruity Loops is back again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                  After next year the Blake deal is off the books. So we’re looking at a team with a lot good young players and $ to spend. Just like the Tigers.

It would be the best of situations if the biggest signing(s) were from homegrown talent.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• King's post made me remember the "Janitor" posts. There have been some funny characters here
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Maybe The King is being obtuse about the records, Tom Gores has shown the desire to spend, Chris Ilitch nyet. But being a newbie The King wasn't around for the Ilitch Kid reign.

Comment

• Just can't get over how impressive of a job Weaver has done in 12 months.

SVG leaves the Pistons in a mess. Stefanski takes over and sets the table for the next GM (Weaver) to be flexible (minus the Griffin contract).

2019/2020 (20-46 Record). The roster looks like:
                        1 - Reggie Jackson, Rose
                        2 - Bruce Brown, Luke Kennard
                        3 - Tony Snell
                        4 - Blake Griffin, Christian Wood, Sekou
                        5 - Andre Drummond

COVID hits. Weaver takes over during June 2020.

2020/2021 (20-52 Record). "Fade for Cade." Dozens of different moves by Weaver.

2021/2022. Young, promising roster should look like:
                        1 - Hayes, Lee
                        2 - Cade, Josh Jackson
                        3 - Bey
                        4 - Grant, Sekou
                        5 - Plumlord, Stewart

Completely different team when compared to 2019/2020. No idea how good this core will turn out to be... It's certainly exciting.... something we haven't had in a while. VERY prelim depth chart too because there could be more moves in the future.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Froot is gonna Fruit when Facts Face Fruity.

Comment

• When Chris Ilitch ups the payroll back to about 150 million, I will say you are right.

Comment

• Vegas:

-800 for Cade to go #1 if anyone had any doubt…

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Just can't get over how impressive of a job Weaver has done in 12 months.

SVG leaves the Pistons in a mess. Stefanski takes over and sets the table for the next GM (Weaver) to be flexible (minus the Griffin contract).

2019/2020 (20-46 Record). The roster looks like:
                                1 - Reggie Jackson, Rose
                                2 - Bruce Brown, Luke Kennard
                                3 - Tony Snell
                                4 - Blake Griffin, Christian Wood, Sekou
                                5 - Andre Drummond

COVID hits. Weaver takes over during June 2020.

2020/2021 (20-52 Record). "Fade for Cade." Dozens of different moves by Weaver.

2021/2022. Young, promising roster should look like:
                                1 - Hayes, Lee
                                2 - Cade, Josh Jackson
                                3 - Bey
                                4 - Grant, Sekou
                                5 - Plumlord, Stewart

Completely different team when compared to 2019/2020. No idea how good this core will turn out to be... It's certainly exciting.... something we haven't had in a while. VERY prelim depth chart too because there could be more moves in the future.
                                Im so glad the Reggie Jackson saga is long over. He was terrible.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X