No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdly if you were confident Hayward was healthy, he is the kind of vet the Pistons need, the contract is not that bad. He is a positive player on every team he has been on.

Comment

• Hornets select Jalen Duren with the 13th pick of the 2022 NBA Draft, then trade him for a lot of picks

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It makes sense if the Pistons can’t add Bridges or Ayton. Add more future picks by taking on a big/ short-term contract. Yeah, if Hayward is healthy, definitely could be a valuable piece in the Pistons rotation as a wing that can shoot.

I have a theory that the Pistons wanted to target a player in the late 20s/ early 30s. There was some chatter about the Pistons possibly moving up. I think this player was drafted before the Pistons could find the right trade. No idea who the Pistons wanted, but that’s my guess. There were some highly talented players drafted in that area. Not a big deal because the Pistons had a fantastic night. Pistons end up drafting a stash lottery ticket in Procida who has upside.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        The Pistons signed Buddy Boeheim to a two way contract

Golden State was trying to sell it's pick lbut ended up with Patrick Baldwin. That might be a good long term pick.
        Patrick Baldwin Jr. will probably turn out to be a good NBA player. A guy that talented going into the Golden State culture. I like it.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

1. 2022 NBA Draft: Detroit Pistons sign Buddy Boeheim to two-way contract
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I don't think Ayton is different then Duren and Stewart in that he has an offensive game. Stewart made some 3s last year, but it's not consistent enough to depend on.

Comment

• So wait... the Pistons still have that 2025 first rounder?

Exactly what the hell did they even give up at this point? Was it really just basically the Knicks saying, "We'll give you anything you want to take Kemba Walker's contract off our hands?"

EDIT: Nevermind, the Knicks have the 2025 pick, they just gave the Hornets a 2023 one. Got it.
              Last edited by chemiclord; June 24, 2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Reading stories on the internet, it sounds like Troy Weaver was getting so many calls about teams wanting to trade for Ivey that he was having problems trying to get the Duren deal done.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  So wait... the Pistons still have that 2025 first rounder?

Exactly what the hell did they even give up at this point? Was it really just basically the Knicks saying, "We'll give you anything you want to take Kemba Walker's contract off our hands?"

EDIT: Nevermind, the Knicks have the 2025 pick, they just gave the Hornets a 2023 one. Got it.
                  Yeah, the NYK gave them a bunch of picks and the Pistons gave NY the 2025 pick.

I understand now why Weaver didn't try to get a better pick there. It would have just went to NY.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Winners, losers from the 2022 NBA Draft

Paulo Banchero bettors may have won biggest of all.

Winner: Detroit Pistons

For my money, Detroit was the big winner and had the best draft night of any team.

Part of that was luck — Jalen Ivey fell to them at No. 5. Ivey’s explosive athleticism is a perfect one-two punch with Cade Cunningham, forming the backcourt of the future, one that could be the best backcourt in the league in a few years. Then they traded for the center of the future in Jalen Duren, out of Memphis. (Does that make it less likely they chase Deandre Ayton in free agency?)

The Pistons are a team to watch.

Comment

• This is ridiculous. Too bad for them that there's no comp pick system in the NBA. Although getting more picks isn't solving the problem. Down the road, some team(s) are going to get a deal or a good FA that they had to let go.

A complete guide to Oklahoma City's future pick stash, including details on how each pick was acquired along with its protections.

A Comprehensive Guide to the Thunder's Future Draft Picks

A complete guide to Oklahoma City's future pick stash, including details on how each pick was acquired along with its protections.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have one of the largest assembled treasure troves of NBA Draft picks in league history.

The Thunder own a remarkable 38 picks over the next drafts years. They own 19 first and 19 second round picks.

Keeping track of 38 draft picks can be tough, and that's not even accounting for protections, swaps, etc.

Comment

• One last thing that Ivey and Hutchinson have in common, both have hot moms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            One last thing that Ivey and Hutchinson have in common, both have hot moms.

I was going to say that. Mrs Ivey is nice
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Report: 76ers trying to land Eric Gordon for Thybulle in three-team swap
                              There's some logic to this three-team deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Some thoughts from last night
                                • Holy crap, it actually happened
                                • The people on the broadcast said Duren plays like Bam. Uh yes
                                • I wonder what this means for Bagley
                                • How does this affect I Stewart. He seems like the least talented guy in the front court now with Bagley, Duren and possibly adding Ayton. Lipstick (Luka Graza) will also be affected.
                                • Are they still hot for Ayton or Miles - My hope of both is no more. At least for right now. Who knows what Weaver can pull off.
                                • Speaking of, we thought that we would have to take on Gordon Haywood's huge $30 mil/yr (for 2 yrs) to get #13. Having to only take on the $9 mil for 1 year is a coop

Bagley is a bench/rotation guy no matter who starts so I don't think it impacts him.
                                Stewart seems like the odd man out but I am not a fan so maybe that is wishful thinking.

A starting 5 of Cade, Ivey, Bey, Duran, Ayton to me is incredible.
                                Bagley, Killian, Joseph, Hami, Luka off the bench; maybe even Stewart. That is a great starting lineup with a deep bench.

That is a championship roster within a couple years if everyone develops to their potential and gels.

Comment

Working...
                                X