Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I thought Jad was plugged in and heard a rumor. But if Kyrie opts out, KD may want out according to Wojbomb. If that were to happen KD is limited in where he could be traded to, the Pistons would be a team that could trade for him.

I heard a story in the game Cade went toe to toe with KD, that he walked into the Nets locker room before the game and told KD to strap up because it was.going to be a long night.
    I basically read the same thing that you did. I knew from the get go KD was screwing up heading there. He went from the best possible situation and being able to run the table to a complete shit show. I would love for KD to be in Detroit but I wouldn't want to give up anything substantial for him. Our core is awesome, its really an exciting time to be a Detroit fan for the Pistons and Lions

Cade is amazing, i'd love for that rumor to be true.

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    I’m so glad the Pistons got the #1 last year instead of this year.
    Green and Mobley aren't slouches by any means but Cade is such a nice player to have on the squad.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Would Durant propel the Pistons forward? Absolutely. Dude is still one of the top five players in the game any given day.

What would it actually cost, however?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Theres a rumor that Kevin Durant wants out and the Pistons are at the top of the list.
        Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I actually made up the KD rumor but I was hoping Weaver would get wind of it and make it happen. He seems to be able to make trades out of nothing
        Lol. 0% chance KD joins the Pistons and I’m not entirely sure if it would propel the Pistons to being a contender. Hypothetically saying. The young Pistons core needs at least another year or two of experience.

I have seen more Miles Bridges to the Pistons chatter in recent days. Bridges… 24 years old… makes sense given the timeline and need.

and damn, didn’t realize Duren is only 18 years old. He has more potential than I realized given age.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You put KD with Cade and they are in the hunt.

James Edward III reported they are much more likely to go after a few veteran pieces. It can't all be young guys.

Comment

• There's this idea among fans of a bunch of young kids building a team together and becoming a dynasty. It's a wonderful story, but any good or great team is going to have a mix of young and old and are always in flux.

Comment

• Yeah I can't even think of a basketball dynasty that grew up with all young players. The guy driving the bus is almost always 27 or older and you can have other young players that grew with them, but you have older vets as rotational players. There should also a few young guys to provide spark.

The way the salary cap system works kind of forces this.

Comment

Yeah I can't even think of a basketball dynasty that grew up with all young players. The guy driving the bus is almost always 27 or older and you can have other young players that grew with them, but you have older vets as rotational players. There should also a few young guys to provide spark.

The way the salary cap system works kind of forces this.
                Golden State
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Nope, always had veterans along with their young players. They don't get anywhere without Iggy, Bogut, Lee, and Livingston. The Warriors haved leaned on a lot of old vets.

With the Pistons, they need to get some vets to augment the young guys if you ever want success. They have enough young players.

Comment

Nope, always had veterans along with their young players. They don't get anywhere without Iggy, Bogut, Lee, and Livingston. The Warriors haved leaned on a lot of old vets.

With the Pistons, they need to get some vets to augment the young guys if you ever want success. They have enough young players.
                    But Steph, Klay and Green were the ones driving the bus.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• And Steph was 26 by the time the Warriors broke through and won their first title, which is... pretty damn close to the age Froot is talking about.

Comment

• I think we can all agree that you need a mix of youth and age but talent prevails. This team has such a great stock of young talent that finding vets to help them grow won’t be a problem because we have the next great thing

Money ie cap space.

We can bring in those vet contracts until the youth outgrow that stage then we need to pay them. The Pistons are in such a great place as long as they don’t f up their longterm cap situation which they won’t because Weaver is awesome.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Does Miles Bridges count as a veteran? I say yes.

The roster size of 15 is getting pretty tight for the Pistons. There could be trades or buyouts (CoJo?) this week, but it’s looking like there’s minimal room for additions. 3 spots by my estimation. Could be looked as 2 spots if you’re counting Bagley as a return.

(4) PG - Cade Cunningham, Killian Hayes, Cory Joseph, Saben Lee
                          (2) SG - Jaden Ivey, Hamidou Diallo (team option)
                          (2) SF - Saddiq Bey, Isaiah Livers
                          (2) PF - Kelly Olynk, Luka Garza (team option)
                          (2) C - Isaiah Stewart, Jalen Duren

- Excluding Marvin Bagley because I’m not sure if he’s back. Probably.
                          - Accept team option of Hamidou Diallo and Luka Garza. Diallo, obviously yes. Garza, I love the workout videos of him this offseason.
                          - Decline team option of Carsen Edwards and Frank Jackson. Though keeping Edwards and having that Purdue Edwards-Ivey duo would be amazing to me.
                          - Kemba Walker is certainly a buyout. Not worth it to include on the roster there.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          You put KD with Cade and they are in the hunt.

James Edward III reported they are much more likely to go after a few veteran pieces. It can't all be young guys.
                          In the hunt … for a playoff spot? We talking Stan Van Gundy goals here? Pistons aren’t one piece away. Adding 34 year old KD doesn’t make sense with Cade’s timeline. Not to forget a trade where the Pistons would probably have to give up Bey and others. If you could add 34 year old KD to the Pistons roster 2 or 3 years from now… then it makes sense. (Only hypothetically saying because of course KD will not be traded to Detroit)

Now adding a veteran or two in free agency? Fine by me.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Is Bridges a PF? I’d consider him more as a SF

am I wrong?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I think we can all agree that you need a mix of youth and age but talent prevails. This team has such a great stock of young talent that finding vets to help them grow won’t be a problem because we have the next great thing

Money ie cap space.

We can bring in those vet contracts until the youth outgrow that stage then we need to pay them. The Pistons are in such a great place as long as they don’t f up their longterm cap situation which they won’t because Weaver is awesome.
                              True.

We learned this week that $ 9.5 million in cap space can get you a lottery pick.

Comment

Is Bridges a PF? I’d consider him more as a SF

am I wrong?

In the play-in game, Hornets had Bridges mainly at the 4 position. Does a lot of perimeter and wing work in a smaller lineup. Big guy for his height though.

I’m not entirely sure if Bey at the 3 and Bridges at the 4 would be the perfect pair of wings for the Pistons. Something to think about…
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X