Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Sounds like Brunson to the Knicks is close to a lock. Knicks hired Brunson’s dad and they’re willing to offer a large contract.

The more I read into Bridges, the less I’m interested. Taking into account your comments too. I’m starting to agree with Froot that the best path is a cheaper veteran or two.

Yes, take on another team’s bad contract for future draft picks. Flexibility is key heading into 2023.
    It’s always been Brunson to the Knicks and I feel sad for that team. He’s a solid player but he’s not a saviour. New York will eat him up. I’ve never understood why the Knicks can’t field an amazing team. That city would be over the moon for them
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd be interested in what Futureshock thought about Big Ben at age 20. Wallace didn't even show promise until he was 25 in his one season with Orlando. Stewart is 20 years old and he has shown some promise and is pretty long. People are judging him by his output before his 21st birthday on a team that was actively tanking. He might ended up sucking over time but he has earned the right to play at age 21 without being compared to prime age Ben Wallace.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        It’s always been Brunson to the Knicks and I feel sad for that team. He’s a solid player but he’s not a saviour. New York will eat him up. I’ve never understood why the Knicks can’t field an amazing team. That city would be over the moon for them
        I think the Knicks are a playoff team if they sign Brunson, but with hardly any potential. Basically NBA purgatory land. Especially in a stronger Eastern Conference. They need Julius Randle to bounce back to 2020/2021 form. RJ Barrett and Obi Toppin to ascend. Sounds a lot like the SVG days.

Yeah… nothing too exciting from a fans perspective. I clearly love where the Pistons are going when compared to the Knicks. No brainer.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Knick mentality is never to do a full rebuild. It's either they don't think they can because there are in New York or they think they are a premier free agent away for.becoming a contender.

Brunson is good but he faces defenses that have to stop Luka. Offensively Luka is probably more dominant offensively than LeBron was at the same age. He was impressive thinseason but so was Dimwiddie after he was traded there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

I think the Knicks are a playoff team if they sign Brunson, but with hardly any potential. Basically NBA purgatory land. Especially in a stronger Eastern Conference. They need Julius Randle to bounce back to 2020/2021 form. RJ Barrett and Obi Toppin to ascend. Sounds a lot like the SVG days.

Yeah… nothing too exciting from a fans perspective. I clearly love where the Pistons are going when compared to the Knicks. No brainer.
            Thats my thoughts exactly.

I'm still not sure why KD didn't want to end up there. I never understood the Nets appeal
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I'd be interested in what Futureshock thought about Big Ben at age 20. Wallace didn't even show promise until he was 25 in his one season with Orlando. Stewart is 20 years old and he has shown some promise and is pretty long. People are judging him by his output before his 21st birthday on a team that was actively tanking. He might ended up sucking over time but he has earned the right to play at age 21 without being compared to prime age Ben Wallace.
              Oh yeah, cry me river already. I'm such the bad guy because I want my team to win. Hey, let's go get Sekou Doumbouya. He's even younger.

"but he has earned the right to play at age 21" He did?

Sure. That don't mean you have to start him or blow off other guys that could help your team more. Weaver must agree with me because it appears no matter what happened in the draft, he has/had plans to get better talent there at that starting position.

Ben was everywhere. And noone shot an uncontested shot in his face or vicinity. Even as a rookie, he would contest anyone's shot. The two are not the same. Sure the kid hustles some. But his awareness, AA and shot blocking are not on Bens level at any point of his career.

No one's saying he can't warm a bench. But he isn't a starter on a contender that doesn't have at least 2-3 superstars.

The team plays 4 against 5 when he is on the court and struggles. When he's replaced, the team just flows better and they put a lot more pressure on the opponent.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Nets appeal was it was a team that could sign both Kyrie and him to a max contract and would be able to get another max player..

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I'd be interested in what Futureshock thought about Big Ben at age 20. Wallace didn't even show promise until he was 25 in his one season with Orlando. Stewart is 20 years old and he has shown some promise and is pretty long. People are judging him by his output before his 21st birthday on a team that was actively tanking. He might ended up sucking over time but he has earned the right to play at age 21 without being compared to prime age Ben Wallace.
                  I couldn't agree more. I go back and forth on him but he's not done growing as a player yet. Weaver likes him as well and he actually hit some 3's last season. He shot over 30% from 3 last year albeit a small sample size but he's progressing well.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Weaver likes him so well that he was going to draft Duren at #5 to replace him. Weaver likes him so well that he was, allegedly, going to give Ayton a max deal to replace him. GMs don't actively try to replace cornerstones.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Weaver goes and gets Bags and all of a sudden the team looks a lot better. Cade has a lob man that he didn't previously had.

You guys need to stop that. Dude will never be Ben Wallace. He scares no one. I've seen guys shorter then him shoot it right in his face. At no time ever, has Ben Wallace allowed anyone to do that. Especially not anyone shorter then him.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Comment

• Stewart isn't preferably a starting center. He could be a very nice stretch 4 if his outside shot keeps progressing. You'd just plant him out at the 3 point line. He was nailing 3's late in the season. He can easily defend on the perimeter, but he can't protect the rim
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Weaver goes and gets Bags and all of a sudden the team looks a lot better. Cade has a lob man that he didn't previously had.

You guys need to stop that. Dude will never be Ben Wallace. He scares no one. I've seen guys shorter then him shoot it right in his face. At no time ever, has Ben Wallace allowed anyone to do that. Especially not anyone shorter then him.
                                How much did you follow Ben Wallace in his 1st and 2nd seasons as a pro. Maybe you could give us some examples from his Waizard days.

Comment

Working...
                                X