Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Bey/Stewart are both rotation guys. So they went 2/3 with the 1st rounders. Hayes has a very serious hoops injury. One most guys don’t come back from. Based on his poor play prior to the injury and the injury itself, I’ve written him off. Maybe he gets to backup level or 8/9th man, but he faces a major uphill climb to even do that.
    bro it’s wayyyyy too early to be writing Hayes off. Yes the hip injury could make it so but if he’s fully healthy he’s still a bluechip prospect. Just because he’s not setting the world on fire from day 1 in this f’ed up condensed year isn’t the end all.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

We need a top 3 in the worst way.
      Yup
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I hear you on Hayes, but there’s a minority of Pistons fans who have seen nothing from him. He just never flashed at anything.

We’ll see, but he tore the labrum in his hip. And he was stiff in terms of AA prior to that. This is like a pitcher blowing out the labrum in their shoulder. No Bueno.

Comment

I hear you on Hayes, but there’s a minority of Pistons fans who have seen nothing from him. He just never flashed at anything.

We’ll see, but he tore the labrum in his hip. And he was stiff in terms of AA prior to that. This is like a pitcher blowing out the labrum in their shoulder. No Bueno.
          The dude played all of what... seven games? And you're already declaring he hasn't flashed anything?

Jesus Christ, you have some absurd standards when it comes to Detroit athletes.

Comment

I hear you on Hayes, but there’s a minority of Pistons fans who have seen nothing from him. He just never flashed at anything.

Count me in this camp. There were major concerns pre-draft. He worked out for a team that was stunned by his lack of athleticism and running the floor. I admittedly can't watch all Pistons games, but the ones I did see, I never once saw him get the team out in transition (them Rose comes in and they run all the time). Hayes showed very little burst in the halfcourt, just couldn't turn the corner. It's documented that he has a weak right hand. Lack of athleticism makes finishing at the rim harder. His shot looked pretty weak. It's not fluid, long wind up, lower than ideal release.

His only positives that I saw were that he did compete defensively, and he does seem to have good passing vision and can throw a good pass.

Everything offensively just looked slow and like a drill. Writing him off may be premature, but there are so many red flags, and now this injury. A guy like Andre Miller was a pretty good NBA player which gives me hope still, but Hayes really did not look good
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The dude played all of what... seven games? And you're already declaring he hasn't flashed anything?

Jesus Christ, you have some absurd standards when it comes to Detroit athletes.
              Do you watch the games? King actually said it best in the Pistons forum ... Hayes looked like he didn't belong. Yeah, it's 7 games, but he is correct in his assessment in this case. Hayes simply didn't show any flashes. It's not like he lacked opportunity ... starting PG thrown in there. With most lottery picks, you see flashes to hang hope on at least. Hayes looked like John Crotty out there, if that.

Now that said he's 19 ... could easily turn it around

Comment

• Actually, Mateen Cleaves in the NBA pretty much describes what Hayes looked like in those games ... not athletic, can't shoot. Has a brain, but his body can't keep up

Comment

• People don’t understand how huge this injury is. Not to mention he’s a PG where the whole role is to be shifty. I posted a history of the same injury in the NBA in tbe Pistons forum. It’s basically a career ender/altering injury.

Comment

• Like I said, maybe he turns into a rotation guy/backup PG, but he just tore the labrum in his hip. This is very serious.

Comment

• Is it the Tua injury or worse??

Comment

• I was hoping he’d be setting the world on fire but he also didn’t have a full offseason with the team to get set. Halliburton and Ball were always going to flash earlier than Hayes.

If Hayes is healthy he’ll get his chance. I just wish they’d sit Griffin so we can get that top 3 pick
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I believe Tua was worse because of the potential limited blood flow that came with it. It was the Bo injury. Bo had a loss of blood flow, which basically kills the hip. Tua didn’t have the blood flow issue.

The labrum thing seems like it hampers performance, and has a very high potential of re-injury in the next 2-3 years.

I’m no doctor, though.

Comment

• Maybe they can let Blashill mentor Hayes since he’s somehow great with the kids. He’s certainly not good with hockey
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Griffin isn't Griffin anymore ... he plays like he's the one who tore his labrum

Comment

• Actually, ya know what, with Harden and Doncic dominating, don't even know why i think athleticism matters anymore. Hayes just has to be better

Comment

Working...
                                X