Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
    So what is the magic bullet that is going to fix it all? You have a person you think a trade for is the answer? Got a sure fire qb draft hit for next year?

This might surprise you, but the Lions are a flawed team, and have been for a very long time. One guy is not all that is needed.

In fact the biggest problems with this team right now are on the defeinsive side of the team. That half of the team has a lot to do with their fortunes.

But again, there is not a single defender you can change out and Bingo Bango... Superbowl?

So, rather than just bitch to hear ones self bitch, maybe you could put forward some kind of alternative solution that we could discuss?
    Try somebody different, because the current bubba isn't getting it done and keep going with that same bubba and hoping somehow he's change by keep rearranging the deck chairs around isn't going to work. Do you even realize the investment and (opportunity lost) that as been made drafting first round linemen and FA linemen in the hopes that somehow that will make Mediocre Matty better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

We have a QB that fits Cooter's system. He is also not prone to turnovers.
      You're right - he's prone to not understanding what is going on around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        I would bring in QB's that fit Coopers system and who are not prone to turnovers. I would then use the extra money on 1 great defensive player, who is available as free agent and a couple more very good defensive players in free agency. Then go from there.
        Who would that qb be?

Who is that defensive player?

OK, at least what position does he/she play?

And really? You don't think 'Cooper' is part of the problem?
        Last edited by dpatnod; August 27, 2018, 12:57 AM.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Names or you're just talking shit you can't back up.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            Names or you're just talking shit you can't back up.
            I know, not staying with a known loser is a complex concept that you truly don't understand. Start with, pick a fucking, who cares - there's no guarantees he'll be any better, but rest assured sticking with the known loser guarantees the team is going nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
              sticking with the known loser guarantees the team is going nowhere.
              Our forum is stuck with a known loser (dwt) and he won't leave.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I get what dwt is saying ... but the Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer who was known as way more of a loser than Stafford is up to that point. Not refuting his message,but if Stafford is eg the 11th best QB in the NFL ... it's probably far easier to build the rest of the team around that (even considering his contract) than to find a way to get one of the top 10 QB who nobody would give up. JAX got pretty far with Blake Bortles ... still I get it that Stafford hasn't proven anything other than that he hasn't won or proven anything.
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• That Joe Flacco is a stud too
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Our forum is stuck with a known loser (dwt) and he won't leave.
                    Awwww - aren't you cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      I get what dwt is saying ... but the Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer who was known as way more of a loser than Stafford is up to that point. Not refuting his message,but if Stafford is eg the 11th best QB in the NFL ... it's probably far easier to build the rest of the team around that (even considering his contract) than to find a way to get one of the top 10 QB who nobody would give up. JAX got pretty far with Blake Bortles ... still I get it that Stafford hasn't proven anything other than that he hasn't won or proven anything.
                      I disagree that Stafford hasn't shown anything. It is what bothers me with the win or it doesn't matter stat givers. It looks at the win loss ratio, ties it completely to the QB, like it's in a vacuum. QB being solely responsible for wins. Even as far back as 09 at the browns game we have seen what Stafford is, he has gotten better. He isn't the best QB anyone has ever seen but the limitations and the records of the team in 17, 16, heck even 15 are not on him.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

I get what dwt is saying ... but the Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer who was known as way more of a loser than Stafford is up to that point. Not refuting his message,but if Stafford is eg the 11th best QB in the NFL ... it's probably far easier to build the rest of the team around that (even considering his contract) than to find a way to get one of the top 10 QB who nobody would give up. JAX got pretty far with Blake Bortles ... still I get it that Stafford hasn't proven anything other than that he hasn't won or proven anything.
                        Certainly you can try that route, but that is extremely rare - Baltimore had one of the top defense in the league for over 10 years and mustered that one Super Bowl. Chicago is another example - problem with trying to win with superior defenses is that there are many ways a team can score when your defense is not on the field - at some point and time, your offense will be called on to make plays to score - and if it can't..............

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          That Joe Flacco is a stud too
                          His career record is 92-62 (with just one losing season) and 10-5 in the playoffs - yes he is a stud compared to Mediocre Matty

Comment

Dilfer had one of the greatest defenses in NFL history that season. Please tell me the Lions don't have to build an '85 Bears or '00 Ravens defense to win a playoff game.

Comment

• How about a #2 D, anchored by Suh?

Still too much pressure for #9.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                How about a #2 D, anchored by Suh?

Still too much pressure for #9.
                                Dilfer won 1 playoff game with the #2 overall defense, but it was against the Lions so it doesn't really count - does it?

Comment

Working...
                                X