• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to make me ????

Comment

• Stafford and Joker together

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        I've always wanted to be able to see Stafford with a team that had an average defense and average rushing game at the same time. Crunching all the stats, that's about what we're seeing play out. This with a tough portion of our schedule out of the way and guys getting healthy like Hand, Daniels, Hockenson and Slay. We'll see it play out, but as of now I'm still hopeful and it's October so...

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rdRGR View Post

I've always wanted to be able to see Stafford with a team that had an average defense and average rushing game at the same time. Crunching all the stats, that's about what we're seeing play out. This with a tough portion of our schedule out of the way and guys getting healthy like Hand, Daniels, Hockenson and Slay. We'll see it play out, but as of now I'm still hopeful and it's October so...
          There really isn't much about this schedule this year that is easy TBH.
          Next 6 weeks are pretty much going to define their season. 3 division games, OAK on the road and DAL. Only the game against the G-men looks like it is in the "should win" category. All the rest are going to be a fight.

Even beyond that the "easy" games are likely going to be anything but easy:
          WAS in DC (they've won just once there in 80 years - 1 and 21 overall) and they have just fired the one guy you hoped would still be in charge for that game......
          DEN in Denver in December.
          Last edited by Fraquar; October 9, 2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

No one likes you.

Besides Mathew Stafford.. he's an angel and likes everyone
              I do! He makes me laugh
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah? When. We've had one or the other a couple times. Never both at once. Just asking for average there. We have always had worst in the NFL level areas whether it be JBC's rushing attacks or Chris Houston getting torched all day even though we had a good pass rush. If you've got a year for me, and I'm mistaken let me know.

Comment

• Is Someone Else currently signed anywhere?
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Yeah? When. We've had one or the other a couple times. Never both at once. Just asking for average there. We have always had worst in the NFL level areas whether it be JBC's rushing attacks or Chris Houston getting torched all day even though we had a good pass rush. If you've got a year for me, and I'm mistaken let me know.
                    Define an average running back. What are the parameters you use to define an average running back.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

Define an average running back. What are the parameters you use to define an average running back.
                      Fair question. No perfect answer, but it's not so much a RB as it is a rushing attack. Our best in Stafford's time was when we had Bush and Bell together that one glorious season. I look at YPG which is a fair evaluation of the rushing impact that DC's have to prepare (or in Stafford's case did not have to prepare for). As far as the "scary" back factor, which yes again impacts what a DC will have to do against you, it's YPA. So if we were in the top half of the NFL in YPG and YPA of our top back in the same year we had a top half defense. Point me to it. We had good areas here and there over Stafford's career, but not nearly enough. See Carson Palmer's comments? The guy was in the league with him for years.

Comment

• "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Fair question. No perfect answer, but it's not so much a RB as it is a rushing attack. Our best in Stafford's time was when we had Bush and Bell together that one glorious season. I look at YPG which is a fair evaluation of the rushing impact that DC's have to prepare (or in Stafford's case did not have to prepare for). As far as the "scary" back factor, which yes again impacts what a DC will have to do against you, it's YPA. So if we were in the top half of the NFL in YPG and YPA of our top back in the same year we had a top half defense. Point me to it. We had good areas here and there over Stafford's career, but not nearly enough. See Carson Palmer's comments? The guy was in the league with him for years.
                          Man... Turn away. Don't let him drag you down the sewer with him.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Amen 3rdRGR.. That person isn't a Lions fan. You'll never see anything positive out of him unless we're talking about GB. He loves Erin Rogers ball sack.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Average running back? You know, like Emmitt Smith.

Just walk away, 3rd. Don't engage with the jackass. It is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I feel you guys, not trying to feed the trolls to the detriment of the board. Just looking for a little substantial discussion I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X