Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I still can’t believe the stories about how much on an asshole Mooch was to Harrington. Why bother taking the job if you know you’re tied to a Qb that you don’t like
    Every coach that was saddled with Joey Fucking Harrington knew he was not an NFL QB. They all tried to replace him. Hell, they got better QB play out of a washed up Jeff Garcia, moonball notwithstanding, than they ever got out of Harrington.

Other than their gigantic egos driving them, I'm sure that all these coaches all thought "Detroit can't be *that* fucked up". They were wrong.

BTW, my favorite Gonz take on Harrington is after they Lions finally rid themselves of that fucking Albatross, Gonz claimed that Harrington will be starter in the league. He was holding a clipboard as a backup, the only NFL job that he was able to do well, BTW, when the starter went down. Harrington got the start and Gonz used this as proof that he was right.
    Jesus. What a putz
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He must be deep in another Chinese conspiracy or maybe he got arrested on Jan 6th. Dude was a douche.

Comment

• I don't think you need to pile on with inaccurate Garcia info, that dude did nothing for the Lions, Harrington was slightly better in almost every statistical category.

In retrospect the Lions were just a mess, bringing in old guys like Decker, Garcia and Kitna. They were really nice excited for all three. They were totally clueless.

Comment

• Before Garcia got injured with the high ankle sprain, he was head and shoulders above Harrington. The infamous moonball happened when he was trying to play through the injury. The high ankle sprain ended his career
          Last edited by CGVT; June 3, 2021, 12:39 PM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well he stunk, he was 1-4 and was Captain Checkdown supreme. There was nothing about his play that showed anything. One of the biggest clues in a minefield of huge clues that they had no earthly clue what they were doing.

Comment

• Garcia was hot garbage in Detroit. He was really bad
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He was better than Joey Fucking Harrington.

Let that sink in

Screenshot 2021-06-05 5.42.57 PM.png

Last edited by CGVT; June 5, 2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• In his career or his career with the Lions?

Let that sink in
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• CGVT has a thing with Harrington that prevents him from acknowledging that Garcia was indeed awful. He was 1-4, he had less yards per attempt and his TD/int was worse. Any positive appraisal of Garcia's play was wishcasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      CGVT has a thing with Harrington that prevents him from acknowledging that Garcia was indeed awful. He was 1-4, he had less yards per attempt and his TD/int was worse. Any positive appraisal of Garcia's play was wishcasting.
                      Garcia ran the offense much better than Harrington until he got hurt. There are stats and there is reality.

Comment

• Both were crap in 2005. Barely a difference.
                        The 2005 Vikings vs Lions game showed up in my Youtube recommendations a few weeks ago ... probably due to all of the Lions draft videos I watched in April/ early May.
                        Watched the first couple of minutes. Garcia and the Lions offense was so painful to watch. Funny seeing the Lions go on a painful 8 minute drive for a FG. Then Brad Johnson throws an 80 yard big TD a minute later.

Point being. I would hate to take Stafford for granted if you compare it to the QB play in the years before Stafford.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Garcia was pitiful in Detroit. He looked like a backup HS QB. Harrington wasn’t a superstar but Garcia was a bum in Detroit.

Garcia had a nice career tho. His San Fran years were
                          really damned good
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• 1-4 is still 1-4, people hated Harrington so much they were willing themselves to think Garcia was running the offense better.

Comment

• I’ve always given Harrington a free pass because the coaching staffs and front office were such a cluster f.

Had the Lions moved on from Joey H earlier if they didn’t think he was the one we could have drafted Big Ben or Rodgers etc.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I've felt that Harrington was "ruined" in the sense that had he been put into a competent organization (seriously, why in the HELL would you draft a QB only good for a deep ball, then plug him into the most conservative version of the West Coast Offense possible?), he could have grown into a serviceable replacement level QB. But that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X