• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post

it would still finish 4th in the NFC North
    scary movie burn GIF by Us

I miss the NFC Central.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The LAYERS on that disaster.

"We'll draft all these wide receivers with size and upfield speed, draft a QB that can pretty much ONLY throw the deep ball, then hire the most conservative West Coast Offense coach we can get!"
      A decade or so earlier they did the same thing.
      Draft a conventional QB (Chuck Long)
      Hired a Run 'N Shoot genius (Mouse Davis)
      Draft a Run 'N Shoot QB (Andre Ware)
      Then fire the Run 'N Shoot genius......

Same as it ever was.
      Same as it evvver wass....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        Same as it ever was.
        Same as it evvver wass....
        Big Lebowski DVD yesterday......., Talking Heads CD today!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Matthew Stafford’s trade request was a blessing in disguise

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Notes: Jay Cutler calls Matthew Stafford underrated, says he’ll ‘blow it up’ in LA

By Kellie Rowe
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Sean McVay confirms what knowledgeable football fans already knew about Matthew Stafford

Looking back at Matthew Stafford‘s time with the Detroit Lions, one of the first words that come to mind is “polarizing.”
              For the most part, people who are truly knowledgeable about the game of football realized that Stafford was a top-tier quarterback who was put in a bad situation, year, after year, after year. Yet for those casual fans who THINK they know football, Stafford was a bottom-tier QB who was holding the Lions back from ever winning a Super Bowl.

Looking back at Matthew Stafford's time with the Detroit Lions, one of the first words that come to mind is "polarizing." For the most part, people who are truly knowledgeable about the game of football realized that Stafford was a top-tier quarterback who was put in a bad situation, year, after year, after year. Yet...

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I DO think that is misrepresenting the "hater" position. They acknowledge Stafford was "good," but that he wasn't worth the price tag if he needed so much supporting talent.

Granted, that's still a bad take, but it's not QUITE what is largely being argued.

Comment

• Hey, McVay is standing behind the guy he pushed for in the trade. I get it.

McVay just better be right.
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Yeah... he better be, because if not they traded away two firsts for an older version of Jared Goff.

Comment

• Can McVain't and Holmes both be right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        Can McVain't and Holmes both be right?
                        Yep. The likelihood however is that one (or neither) of them isn't really holding the bag they thought they were getting when they made the trade.

Stafford could very well be broken goods at this point, and a whole lot of things could ruin his time in LA. Maybe he really was the problem in Detroit all this time! Maybe the cumulative injuries over the years will limit or shelve him! I doubt it, but it's certainly possible. Goff may never take that next step (and even his supporters acknowledge it is by FAR a guarantee that he will; far more QBs bust than find their way to the top shelf).

The good news here for the Lions is despite Holmes's vote of confidence, the Lions still are only on the hook for Goff for two more years, and I do think it is telling that the Lions didn't rush to extend his contract. There are plenty of exits still to be found on the Jared Goff highway if they need to take one of them. The Rams, meanwhile, are all in on Stafford, so if he doesn't live up to the hype, the Rams are straight up fucked.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; June 22, 2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• In the gym this morning, I spotted a guy working out with a Rams Stafford jersey. It was sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                            Sean McVay confirms what knowledgeable football fans already knew about Matthew Stafford

Looking back at Matthew Stafford‘s time with the Detroit Lions, one of the first words that come to mind is “polarizing.”
                            For the most part, people who are truly knowledgeable about the game of football realized that Stafford was a top-tier quarterback who was put in a bad situation, year, after year, after year. Yet for those casual fans who THINK they know football, Stafford was a bottom-tier QB who was holding the Lions back from ever winning a Super Bowl.

Looking back at Matthew Stafford's time with the Detroit Lions, one of the first words that come to mind is "polarizing." For the most part, people who are truly knowledgeable about the game of football realized that Stafford was a top-tier quarterback who was put in a bad situation, year, after year, after year. Yet...
                            You do know what this narrative sounds like - right?
                            Stafford is Secretariat, but was hampered by a trainer who didn't use a blanket before he strapped the saddle on too tight, was running with the wrong shoes and had Ron Turcotte pulling back on the reigns as he was fighting his best to get to the finish line.
                            To be honest, I can't ever remember anyone saying Stafford was a bottom tier QB. People who say that are the ones who are doing the polarizing.

Comment

• NBT liked Kitna better than him, I doubt dwt even rated him, wcfwtf constantly blamed Stafford for everything. Most fellas in here complained about him if he was worse than bottom tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                NBT liked Kitna better than him, I doubt dwt even rated him, wcfwtf constantly blamed Stafford for everything. Most fellas in here complained about him if he was worse than bottom tier.
                                There is a difference between complaining about a QB you expect with his skill set to get better - and saying he's below average. Every QB has below average performances too - that doesn't mean they are calling him a below average QB.

The player isn't he polarizing factor here - the media is. There is a disconnect between his skillset, what he has(had) the potential to become and what he's been. None of that is below average - just disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X