Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    TJ Lang: Goff Upside And What Went Wrong With Stafford - YouTube
    If anyone cares to see what TJ Lang's opinion of the Lions trading Stafford.
    You do realize that TJ interview was 5 months ago, right?

Comment

• What's your point?
      you think he changed his mind since then.
      He's not Biden/Harris

Comment

• Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Comment

• I know you don't like any shade thrown on your beloved Matthew Stafford but as Lang said in interview Leadership is not his strength
          Since you brought up Rudy, how do you explain what happen to the Lions in the playoff win year.
          Emotion carried that team until the very end.
          Emotion and a will to win definitely has input in winning and losing.
          Also fruity you purposely mix up the point I try to make with Stafford and leadership.
          you know what I'm saying but you want to make into something completely different.

Comment

• My one and only gripe about Stafford and his leadership being questioned is that he didn't push Jim Bob Scooter out the door. I have no idea how in the F people within the Lions organization didn't notice how unimaginative the offense was and the complete shit lack of a running game. Stafford should have been screaming from the top of a mountain to get a new OC.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Rudy, rudy, Rudy

The one and only win they had was because they played a team that wasn't as good as them at home.

People keep on making it much harder than it is, the Lions are on a six or seven game playoff losing streak because most of the time they were on the road and the other team was more talented. You keep on arguing that if only Stafford had motivated the team they would get something done. It never dawned on you he was motivating the team. When he got hurt they went from average/mediocre to worst team in the league. They couldn't win a fucking game when he was out. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                My one and only gripe about Stafford and his leadership being questioned is that he didn't push Jim Bob Scooter out the door. I have no idea how in the F people within the Lions organization didn't notice how unimaginative the offense was and the complete shit lack of a running game. Stafford should have been screaming from the top of a mountain to get a new OC.
                I get this complaint but at the end of the day, it went much farther than JBC. Matt Patricia sucked badly and was handcuffing whoever was the OC. He wanted risk averse offense. Sure Cooter might not have been great, his sole attribute was he was better than Joe Lombardi but take a look at Bevell. The offense looked different after Patricia was fired. Stafford got criticized for saying he liked JBC, but Patricia came in and hired Paul Pasqualoni and a bunch of other retreads, considering that JBC might have been the best hire for Patricia. The dude stunk and was unlikely to bring in anyone of note at OC. He was pressured to bring in Bevell because he was a known commodity.

Comment

• "You keep arguing that if only Stafford etc"
                  again you frame a narrative that is completely false.
                  Doesn't matter now, Rams will get out of him what the Lions did.
                  They'll have to win with defense and a running game.
                  If they get to the playoffs then he'll shit the bed against a good defense.
                  I'm okay with that😊

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I get this complaint but at the end of the day, it went much farther than JBC. Matt Patricia sucked badly and was handcuffing whoever was the OC. He wanted risk averse offense. Sure Cooter might not have been great, his sole attribute was he was better than Joe Lombardi but take a look at Bevell. The offense looked different after Patricia was fired. Stafford got criticized for saying he liked JBC, but Patricia came in and hired Paul Pasqualoni and a bunch of other retreads, considering that JBC might have been the best hire for Patricia. The dude stunk and was unlikely to bring in anyone of note at OC. He was pressured to bring in Bevell because he was a known commodity.
                    I hated Scooter. Say what you want about Lombardi but at least he could string together a running game. He made J Bell a 1000 yard rusher and almost did it again the next season. They finished 11-5 In 2014 and could have won the division if they’d have beat GB in the finale.

Not sure what the hell happened the next season as the Lombardi offense was terrible and Stafford looked completely lost. We then went several years with the worst running game the NFL has ever seen in a vanilla offense under JBC for damn near 4 years. JBC wasted Staffords best years

You’re prob right about Patricia but would it really have mattered? His defense was f’ing putrid. No QB could have carried a team with that idiot leading the way.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Lion running game has been putrid since Barry retired, worst in the NFL. Lombardi's running attack was putrid as well. For the record, Joique Bell was never a 1000 yard running back.

Comment

• Shit, you’re absolutely right. It was Bush and that was under Linehan.

I was drinking profusely last night.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Andrew Whitworth on Matthew Stafford: You can see how hungry he is for success

Posted by Myles Simmons on June 24, 2021, 4:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth is entering his 16th season after deciding to hold off retirement for another year.

Los Angeles’ new quarterback isn’t quite as experienced. But Whitworth sees the benefits of having a seasoned QB like Matthew Stafford to lead the offense.

“You know what, just being around Stafford, Matthew is one of those guys you can tell, [he’s] just a veteran QB who has played a lot of football and has been a really good football player in this league for a while and is just yearning to have some success,” Whitworth said on Thursday’s episode of the Jim Rome Show. “And you see it in him, how hungry he is, how hard he works, and also just how talented he is. So I think our whole football team is obviously really excited about the opportunity to take the field with him this fall.”

Whitworth added that no matter how talented a quarterback is, there’s no substitute for actual game experience.

“I think it’s pretty invaluable. It’s one of those things that you can’t — I don’t care what a quarterback’s done early in their career, you can’t replace experience and wisdom and the opportunity to see all these defenses,” Whitworth said. “And for Matthew, also, to play in a lot of different offenses. He’s had a lot of different schemes. He’s read things a lot of different ways. So he’s had that opportunity of experience where there’s things he can help young linemen with, there’s things he can help young receivers, backs, tight ends — just little tidbits that he can say, ‘Hey, against this coverage, this is what you’d want to do,’ that almost feels like a coach on the field a little bit.

“I think that’s that added level that a veteran QB gives you that’s just hard to replace. And a guy who’s as talented as him, I think, we’d be lying if we said we weren’t excited about our opportunity this season.”

Head coach Sean McVay similarly praised Stafford’s veteran presence recently, saying the quarterback has been “even better than advertised.” Time will tell if it actually happens, but Stafford has a clear chance to elevate the Rams’ offense back to the top of the league.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Whitworth obviously hasn't been listening to TJ Lang.

Comment

• Talkin with TJ was so great. I miss his weekly videos
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stafford played in a lot of different offenses? Thats a surprise.
                                Most of those offenses looked exactly the same - bar the Linehan years.
                                Must be some serious technicalities of the game I'm missing here.....

Comment

Working...
                                X