Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I’ve always given Harrington a free pass because the coaching staffs and front office were such a cluster f.

Had the Lions moved on from Joey H earlier if they didn’t think he was the one we could have drafted Big Ben or Rodgers etc.
    You mean the 2005 NFL Draft when Aaron Rodgers slipped and the Lions selected Mike Williams at #10. Yeah... the Lions were off by a year when it comes to giving up on Joey. Oops.

I remember hearing that ownership and Mornhinweg wanted to draft Joey. Millen was skeptical about it. The coaching change to Mariucci a year later didn't help.
    Lions organization was such a clusterf***.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

You mean the 2005 NFL Draft when Aaron Rodgers slipped and the Lions selected Mike Williams at #10. Yeah... the Lions were off by a year when it comes to giving up on Joey. Oops.

I remember hearing that ownership and Mornhinweg wanted to draft Joey. Millen was skeptical about it. The coaching change to Mariucci a year later didn't help.
      Lions organization was such a clusterf***.
      Was?
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Overvaluing of the Quarterback position as usual. Those Lions rosters would've lost with the best QB's of all time and here we are arguing over which performed better for the 10 snaps a game they weren't on their back or actually had an open receiver. Rodgers or Big ben don't win here either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I’ve always given Harrington a free pass because the coaching staffs and front office were such a cluster f.

Had the Lions moved on from Joey H earlier if they didn’t think he was the one we could have drafted Big Ben or Rodgers etc.
          So many we could plug into those blanks

Had the Lions moved on from __________ earlier, we could have ____________________
          Literally dozens of people and situations that could have changed this franchise. Root cause of this futility (IMHO) is not being ahead of situations and allowing themselves to fall victim.

Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Was?
          Was/Is? Consistency?

I am really hoping though that this group is the change that was needed. I'm also hoping for a little patience from the fans.

We know we aren't world beaters. We don't need to hear all that SOL crap for a year. Just understand it will be a 2-3 years process.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It is true that Rodgers and Big Ben stepped into unique situations. Rodgers got to learn behind one of the best on a good team. Big Ben had a solid winning franchise with great vet leadership, great run game and defense.

They certainly wouldn’t have had that in Detroit.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Was?
              Think the Millen regime was on another level of dysfunctional. My favorite example is:
              Let’s draft a WR in the 1st RD 4 out of 5 years. 2008? Nah, we are going to be a RUNNING FOOTBALL TEAM. Jim Colletto, WOOOO!!!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Think the Millen regime was on another level of dysfunctional. My favorite example is:
                Let’s draft a WR in the 1st RD 4 out of 5 years. 2008? Nah, we are going to be a RUNNING FOOTBALL TEAM. Jim Colletto, WOOOO!!!
                Well, it didn't help that the Owner was such a failure at running anything, including the Football team, that it wasn't a big surprise looking back that Matt Mullen failed in a spectacular fashion.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

The LAYERS on that disaster.

"We'll draft all these wide receivers with size and upfield speed, draft a QB that can pretty much ONLY throw the deep ball, then hire the most conservative West Coast Offense coach we can get!"

Comment

• I think Millen would have failed without the help of WCF. WTF?

Get it?
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• this dead horse will not die..........
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Why don't you rant about the mute figure skating quitter again? You know you want to.

Comment

• I got a kick out of all the coaches who got mileage out of being a West Coast Offense guru. Just leave Harrington, McMahon, Garcia and Kitna out of the conversation. The Lions had a WCO guru come in and tell us Ty Detmer was the answer and the media are that shit up before they had to see him play.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            Why don't you rant about the mute figure skating quitter again? You know you want to.
                            fuck that loser -

any more requests ?

Comment

• Yes. I want to know.... what if dog was spelled C-A-T?

Mind Reaction GIF
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                Yes. I want to know.... what if dog was spelled C-A-T?

Mind Reaction GIF
                                it would still finish 4th in the NFC North

Comment

Working...
                                X