Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sky is blue.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Cooter is going to be relieved of his duty after the season I would imagine, but why does anyone think that means they would be getting a more dynamic playcaller? From my point of view, that isn't want Patricia and Quinn want. There has literally been no evidence to date that they want the offense to be more prolific by taking more risks. To me it appears they want an even more risk averse offense than what we saw with Caldwell and they plan on doing it with running the ball.

I think the problem is that almost everyone assumed that the hiring of Patricia was going to lead to a more forward thinking offense. In other words he was a cipher for anyone to project their best case scenario onto. We are nearly one season in and I think its time to re-evalute, I expect the next offensive coordinator to be more milquetoast rather than less.
      Look, a dynamic playcaller is only as good as the QB he has running those plays. What in the the 10 years of Stafford in DET would lead you to believe that he and a dynamic play caller would turn into some eureka moment?

Stafford has pretty much despised being under center - and a RB like Dickerson lined up right where Stafford usually sets up shop.

In the end Stafford is going to have to show a part of his game that for some odd reason the last 10 years he hasn't shown to any OC - let alone a newfangled "dynamic playcaller".

Comment

• Water is really wet.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• And yet, you consistently claim that Detroit need a more dynamic play caller - which just show that like fish, Lions fans are the last to discover that water is really wet.

Comment

• NFL Legend Peyton Manning analyzes quarterbacks Matthew Stafford, and Josh Rosen.Subscribe to NFL: http://j.mp/1L0bVBuCheck out our other channels:NFL Vault ...

Comment

• Not interesting to some of us, just point out what we already have observed ove 10 years

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                And yet, you consistently claim that Detroit need a more dynamic play caller - which just show that like fish, Lions fans are the last to discover that water is really wet.
                Don't confuse wanting to get rid of JBC with wanting a dynamic playcaller. What I have always called for is proper EXECUTION - and that is completely independent of the play called. The OC doesn't even need to be in the building to fix that shit. Still, I would be smart enough to know not to call a 2 yard route when I need 8 - and I'd hardly call myself dynamic at anything.

Comment

• I am in favor of the execution of the offense

Comment

• +1.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Even Tardbuisky has more division titles than Mediocre Matty. More likely going to win his 1st playoff game and possibly a ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Don't confuse wanting to get rid of JBC with wanting a dynamic playcaller. What I have always called for is proper EXECUTION - and that is completely independent of the play called. The OC doesn't even need to be in the building to fix that shit. Still, I would be smart enough to know not to call a 2 yard route when I need 8 - and I'd hardly call myself dynamic at anything.

Comment

• Comment

• I wish Stafford would spend a month with the Sheriff this off-season and work on some misdirection.

Comment

• Probably because on 2nd and long Mediocre Matty badly over threw his WWWWWIIIIIDDDDDEEEEE open receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

Probably because on 2nd and long Mediocre Matty badly over threw his WWWWWIIIIIDDDDDEEEEE open receiver.
                                That happens, matey. I can only remember it happening once yesterday.

Yesterday I saw both Brady, Roethlisberger and Rodgers badly overthrowing wide-open receivers. Stafford hasn't been great on the deep ball this season but he was last season. You seem to think every other QB metronomically makes every throw and it isn't the case - even for the very best.

Comment

Working...
                                X