• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Dwt talking about Mediocre Matty:

Thats very disrespectful to that monkey
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Last year was when I got off the Stafford bandwagon. He was total trash when we needed him to perform as a top QB. I would trade him and draft a QB this year. I doubt that happens, but it would be the smart move. Just the savings from his contract to the QB rookie deal alone makes sense.

Comment

• Patience - there's just short years of mediocrity remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Last year was when I got off the Stafford bandwagon. He was total trash when we needed him to perform as a top QB. I would trade him and draft a QB this year. I doubt that happens, but it would be the smart move. Just the savings from his contract to the QB rookie deal alone makes sense.
          I disagree with the sentiment anyways. But cutting Stafford or trading him this year would be crippling. I think next year is the first year where we can cut or move Stafford assuming it's late enough to get a savings.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Three years, put it on the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

I disagree with the sentiment anyways. But cutting Stafford or trading him this year would be crippling. I think next year is the first year where we can cut or move Stafford assuming it's late enough to get a savings.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                Last year was when I got off the Stafford bandwagon. He was total trash when we needed him to perform as a top QB. I would trade him and draft a QB this year. I doubt that happens, but it would be the smart move. Just the savings from his contract to the QB rookie deal alone makes sense.
                what savings?
                Forever One!

Comment

• There is no trading Stafford. The team is tied to him for two years at a minimum. Moving on from Stafford would cost the team the following.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings. It's basically impossible.
                  2020 - 20M in dead money and a minimal cap savings of 5.5M
                  2021 - 10M in dead money and cap savings of 20M
                  2022 - 0 dead money and cap savings of 23M

Instead of trying to find ways to unload Stafford it's time to build a defense for him and coach him up. If he fails over the next two years, you eat 10M in cap and dump the remainder of his contract.

Preferred situation is to have him play (at a high level) in 2022 when his contract will be considered a bargain!

Forever One!

Comment

• I am not suggesting he didn't play poorly last year. Though I don't like to put to much on a QB's shoulders during a transition year and yes everything was made worse when they traded Tate. But I disagree that after 5 really good years you get rid of him for a down year. Even the greats have down years (though just so the idiots I have blocked don't feel the need to blow up the thread, I am not suggesting Stafford is great). That's on top of how impossible it is to trade Stafford this year.

Masspartan

I think a Trade or cut in July of next year could get increase the savings. Also in a worst case scenario where the Lions tank and have first pick. They could grab a QB and chuck Stafford and basically have it be a wash for next year at the QB position and carry the dead weight and still be sitting cheap at QB after that. Not that I am approving of the move without seeing this year just I think that financially it becomes an option next year.
                    Last edited by Topweasel; April 13, 2019, 08:55 AM.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I dont think Quinn has the balls to do anything with him. I believe Martha will not okay any deal.
                      I think he's a 20 year Lion.
                      Which makes me a 67 year-old fan without a Super Bowl win.
                      If I make it that far I may have a 10 year giveafuck window after he retires.
                      So my clock I a ticking and don't shit on me for not being overly confident in my lifetime of not experiencing my home team in a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

I am not suggesting he didn't play poorly last year. Though I don't like to put to much on a QB's shoulders during a transition year and yes everything was made worse when they traded Tate. But I disagree that after 5 really good years you get rid of him for a down year. Even the greats have down years (though just so the idiots I have blocked don't feel the need to blow up the thread, I am not suggesting Stafford is great). That's on top of how impossible it is to trade Stafford this year.

Masspartan

I think a Trade or cut in July of next year could get increase the savings. Also in a worst case scenario where the Lions tank and have first pick. They could grab a QB and chuck Stafford and basically have it be a wash for next year at the QB position and carry the dead weight and still be sitting cheap at QB after that. Not that I am approving of the move without seeing this year just I think that financially it becomes an option next year.
                        If the Lions have a QB on a rookie contract next season they could trade Stafford while he has some trade value left. Him being on the wrong side of 30 means it won't be some massive haul but I think we could at the very least get a 1st for him. The only hitch is that Quinn won't be in full tank mode because in that kind of mindset someone will have to pay the piper. That means the GM or head coach would need to be shown the door and these guys are tied together. My rationale would mean they have someone they think can step in and win now on the cheap. That would be drafting someone this year and preparing them or drafting a rookie next year and rolling the dice.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                          So my clock I a ticking and don't shit on me for not being overly confident in my lifetime of not experiencing my home team in a Super Bowl.
                          I read this part of your post with Marisa Tomei's voice from My Cousin Vinny
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            I dont think Quinn has the balls to do anything with him. I believe Martha will not okay any deal.
                            I think he's a 20 year Lion.
                            Which makes me a 67 year-old fan without a Super Bowl win.
                            If I make it that far I may have a 10 year giveafuck window after he retires.
                            Of course Martha wouldn't approve it. Have you seen the numbers? The Lions are poorly run historically but they are not so poorly run that they would trade Stafford. It has nothing to do with Quinn's balls - it has to do with his brain. He's not that dumb. Someone else already posted it so I'll just copy and paste but I'd love to see any scenario where making this trade make sense.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings.

For good measure I am going to post that one more time.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings.

Comment

• My point was that Stafford will be resigned after this current deal and Quinn and Patricia will be fired within the next 4 year's.

Comment

• I expect the next 10 guys will be worse.

So, we got that going for us.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X