No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya. INDY and SF are pretty aggressive and they make deals for #1 picks. You figure they have more incentive to make a killer offer than some of the also-rans.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      You figure INdy/SF/NO would make the most sense. There’s other teams who need QB, but those teams are ready to win now.
      Uh oh N.O. ... yeah that's possible. Payton would probably like to be able to keep his Taysom toy as a toy. Then you consider the connections with Campbell and Glenn, they'd probably want to poach that team.

Kinlaw obviously interesting from SF
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        Ya. INDY and SF are pretty aggressive and they make deals for #1 picks. You figure they have more incentive to make a killer offer than some of the also-rans.
        The Lions compensation could be worse because the Colts or 49ers future 1st RD pick could be very low if Stafford is their starting QB.

At the same time, love Stafford and want to see him make a run. Win a playoff game at least.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• We are finally going to get to see the answer to the questions from both sides of the isle.
          My take:
          1) Lions won't be significantly worse without him
          2) Lions aren't going to get the kind of haul people think they are going to get

Comment

• If they get a first, it will be next year.

As usual, the Lions are dealing from weakness, they will grab the best offer before the March 1 roster bonus comes due.
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• 1) The Lions are going to FAR worse without him. Get ready for a two win season... at best.

2) The haul will depend entirely on how many teams start vying for him.

Comment

• I think they get a 1 and a 3 at a minimum.

Comment

• bet $10.00 they do not finish worse than 4th in the division..........
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    We are finally going to get to see the answer to the questions from both sides of the isle.
                    My take:
                    1) Lions won't be significantly worse without him
                    2) Lions aren't going to get the kind of haul people think they are going to get
                    Agree with #1 ... they've been losing. What are they gonna do that's worse?

Think they'll get something pretty good as a return tho. I agree with the at minimum a 1st, very solid player, or decent player plus later picks

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                      If they get a first, it will be next year.

As usual, the Lions are dealing from weakness, they will grab the best offer before the March 1 roster bonus comes due.
                      No they're dealing from a decent point because they have an asset and there is a market. The asset isn't some screwball wackjob ... it's a well thought of asset

They will grab the best offer tho duh

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

No they're dealing from a decent point because they have an asset and there is a market. The asset isn't some screwball wackjob ... it's a well thought of asset

They will grab the best offer tho duh
                        They better hope to god that Jerruh wants him.....

Comment

• It depends what they do at qb. Matt Patricia was hovering around .500 for half the year and the players hated him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Agree with #1 ... they've been losing. What are they gonna do that's worse?

Think they'll get something pretty good as a return tho. I agree with the at minimum a 1st, very solid player, or decent player plus later picks
                            The first franchise ever to go 0-16 twice is certainly on the table. I mean, if that's okay with you... then cheer it on, I guess.

This is something that needed to happen, but it's not going to make the Lions better. Hopefully, it nets the return that can help them get better.

Comment

• Teams in the back half of the first will likely offer it if there's competition. Which given their chances of landing one on their own are slim there likely will be competition. Several otherwise good teams are in the QB market. more than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The first franchise ever to go 0-16 twice is certainly on the table. I mean, if that's okay with you... then cheer it on, I guess.

This is something that needed to happen, but it's not going to make the Lions better. Hopefully, it nets the return that can help them get better.
                                Haha I don't want 0-16! I just think Stafford is starting to break down. If he was 27 I'd want him to stay ... but I realize it's gonna take some time to build the roster.

Completely agree they'd have a better record with him next year ... but it depends what they do at qb as to how they do compared to recent seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X