No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't have any interest in Goff. If the Lions are gonna go the less mobile route, just take a guy in the draft or sign any whatever FA ... Goff is mediocre and has a terrible contract to trade for
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
      I really don't have any interest in Goff. If the Lions are gonna go the less mobile route, just take a guy in the draft or sign any whatever FA ... Goff is mediocre and has a terrible contract to trade for
      Me neither, though I’d imagine Goff would have to agree to some sort of significant contract restructure to facilitate a trade. Not sure if he’d do that, but at this point, he might just want out too. That said, again, I’d prefer the Lions go a different route.

Comment

• It would upset me if the trade is with the Rams. Lions receiving Goff and less draft capital in the scenario. No thanks.

Remember how some people were upset about Stafford’s new contract a few years ago? Highest paid NFL player ever?!
        Now, Stafford’s contract makes him a bargain for any team that acquires him.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Anybody have access to the Birkett article and feel like sharing?

Comment

• Quit trying to make Loins a thing.

Comment

• I'd rather have Goff than forum golden boy Sam Darnold.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I'd rather have Goff than forum golden boy Sam Darnold.
                To each their own. IMO as long as he's starting (duh), Darnold breaks out next year wherever he is

Comment

• I guess, he hasn't shown much so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Anybody have access to the Birkett article and feel like sharing?
                    I posted it in the “Lions News” thread.

Comment

• Well now.

Comment

• Get er done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

To each their own. IMO as long as he's starting (duh), Darnold breaks out next year wherever he is
                          Guys are saying the same thing about Stafford........
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            It would upset me if the trade is with the Rams. Lions receiving Goff and less draft capital in the scenario. No thanks.

Remember how some people were upset about Stafford’s new contract a few years ago? Highest paid NFL player ever?!
                            Now, Stafford’s contract makes him a bargain for any team that acquires him.
                            But the exact opposite for the team that keeps him. Funny how that works - no?
                            Lions owe him 65 million over the next two years if they keep him....
                            Stafford in any trade is "sunk cost", you just figure out how you can get the most from a trade.
                            And apparently he doesn't have a no-trade clause. Unthinkable in this day and age.
                            Last edited by Fraquar; January 30, 2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• All of this news about who’s in trade talks reeks of pre-draft BS. Good for the Lions for trying to play up the demand, but I won’t believe anything until it’s done.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
                                All of this news about who’s in trade talks reeks of pre-draft BS. Good for the Lions for trying to play up the demand, but I won’t believe anything until it’s done.
                                Well, people don't come out and say they expect Stafford to be traded before the Super Bowl unless there is legitimate chatter - and enough parties involved to have the team contemplating a decision as to who to trade him to.

I think this is one of those stories you can bag as gospel. Only question is where.

This is two parties agreeing mutually, unlike the mythical unicorn that they call "bipartisan politics".
                                Stafford wants out, Lions are willing to move him.

Comment

Working...
                                X