Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Rumor going around is SF initial offer is 2 2nds and 2 thirds. Really want to get that first but that deal would give the Lions 5 picks in the top 140 this year (assuming it’s SF picks this year and next).

I think Cody mentioned getting a first and a 3rd out of Indy, and that’s about what I’m expecting out of this deal from whoever they deal with, one high pick and one mid rounder. But with Holmes analytic side, I wonder if they are more open to volume of picks rather than necessarily getting a 1st (though I know there was a report that a 1st was the Lions starting point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Well, people don't come out and say they expect Stafford to be traded before the Super Bowl unless there is legitimate chatter - and enough parties involved to have the team contemplating a decision as to who to trade him to.

I think this is one of those stories you can bag as gospel. Only question is where.

This is two parties agreeing mutually, unlike the mythical unicorn that they call "bipartisan politics".
        Stafford wants out, Lions are willing to move him.
        I’m not saying there won’t be a deal, just that it’s in the Lions best interest to make it seem like they’re in talks with 2/3 of the teams in the league. I don’t buy the Rams or the Bears.

Comment

• You should have bought the Rams

Comment

• Lol, bad timing.

Comment

• And that, my friends, is why I don’t bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                You should have bought the Rams
                Originally posted by The King View Post
                Lol, bad timing.
                Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
                And that, my friends, is why I don’t bet.
                Such a hilarious run of posts
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Farewell Matt, you were a great representative of the Lions and a steady leader for over a decade. Wish you well in LA, except when the Lions play against you (and what a weird sight that will be).

Comment

• Originally posted by gibby View Post

I don't think the loins will get a 1st and 3rd. Maybe 2nd and 3rd.
                    Ooops
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      I really don't have any interest in Goff. If the Lions are gonna go the less mobile route, just take a guy in the draft or sign any whatever FA ... Goff is mediocre and has a terrible contract to trade for
                      Huh? Mac Jones is Goff 2.0. I understand if it's because of the contract though. But they can re-structure that. They SHOULD restructure it.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I'd rather have Goff than forum golden boy Sam Darnold.
                      Me too
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GALion68 View Post
                        Farewell Matt, you were a great representative of the Lions and a steady leader for over a decade. Wish you well in LA, except when the Lions play against you (and what a weird sight that will be).
                        It'll be amusing watching Stafford put up Aaron Rodgers numbers against the Lions defense, while the Hater's Club fills up the gameday threads with, "WHY DIDN'T HE DO THIS FOR US????"

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Huh? Mac Jones is Goff 2.0. I understand if it's because of the contract though. But they can re-structure that. They SHOULD restructure it.

Me too
                          Yeah you might be right about the Mac Jones thing.

I'm very iffy on restructuring Goff's deal. The message of the new regime has been about the future, thinking 2 seasons ahead. Restructuring is almost always about now, clearing cap now, but inevitably taking the hit in future seasons. It cost the Lions the ability to franchise tag Suh.

If they restructure Goff's deal, it's to sign FA's now (or keep Golladay/Okwara/whatever) and surround Goff with pieces. Now, they could rationalize this by making those FA's young guys who will be around in a couple years ... but still, goes against the grain of their alleged plans.

I guess with the Covid lowered cap, they might not have a choice. Also, by taking Goff over the Carolina offer, they kind of showed their true intentions
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It'll be amusing watching Stafford put up Aaron Rodgers numbers against the Lions defense, while the Hater's Club fills up the gameday threads with, "WHY DIDN'T HE DO THIS FOR US????"
                            Well sometimes he did haha. Stafford looked like future Mahomes in 2011. 41 TD passes his first full season ... hasn't been close since. Maybe 2021

Comment

• Thinking about it, Stafford in 2011 vs 2012 ... kinda looks like Goff 2018 vs 2019. A lot like it

Comment

• As much as some want to blow me off 2011 was the only year of Stafford's career he had a running game with above average YPC. 2012 saw the loss of Best and the team being insistent on running Leshoure into the back of the line. As much as people want to act like that doesn't make a massive difference it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X