Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Really hate being the grammar police here........, but Fraq......., commas, buddy.

Deep ball (very important comma) my ass.

Unless of course deep balling the ass is maybe a Friday night thing then ignore the grammar advice.
    This from the guy who once told me he was

"loving all the bell ends and baw sacks, man".
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Stafford was 'mentally and physically drained' after Matt Patricia

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Matt Patricia - absolute abomination.

Comment

• The funny thing is everyone could have predicted that prior to his hiring. Every time they would show him on the Patriot sideline to hype up his job prospects every person in the world said, "That guy?!"

Comment

• THIS is why I have an (irrational I know) dis-like with throwing around the "tough" moniker.

Tedy Bruschi: Matthew Stafford “not tough enough” to play for the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2021, 11:34 AM EST

Getty Images

Quarterback Matthew Stafford reportedly didn’t want to play for the Patriots. Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi suggests the feeling is mutual.

He’s not tough enough to play here,” Bruschi said Wednesday on WEEI, via Radio.com. “He’s just not tough enough. I don’t think he’s tough enough to be coached hard. Do you realize the mental toughness that Tom Brady had to have for 20 years to deal with Bill Belichick and that type of coaching? I mean, constant pressure every single day. Does Stafford sort of grab you as a guy who could handle that? I just don’t think so.”

Then came the hammer: “He went to Sean McVay and his little best-friend relationship and go have fun over there. That’s fine.”

It seems a little harsh, and a little bitter. And a little petty. It’s hard not to wonder whether Bruschi’s assessment is influenced by feedback he has received from past and current Patriots assistant coach Matt Patricia, who served as Stafford’s head coach — and presumably coached Stafford hard — for more than two years in Detroit.

Any NFL starting quarterback that competes against NFL-caliber defenses has significant mental toughness. Stafford constantly played through injuries. Stafford played for perpetually bad teams. Stafford played with a revolving door of coaches and a perpetual cloud of dysfunction hovering over the franchise.

Could Stafford handle playing for the Patriots? Sure. But that doesn’t mean he should want to. He wanted to play somewhere else. That doesn’t mean he’s not “tough enough” to play in New England.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

"Tough" is thrown around for excuses and false narratives.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Woo we. There is currently 160 comments on that article. Man, does MS draw the ire of people or what?
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• https://<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsp...ames.</iframe>

Comment

• Sigh. I’ll miss 9 throwing bombs In Honolulu Blue.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford: I want to play in big games

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 11, 2021, 4:59 AM EST

Getty Images

In 12 seasons since the Lions drafted quarterback Matthew Stafford with the first overall pick in the NFL draft, they made the playoffs three times. They lost in the wild card round all three times.

Now Stafford is about to get traded to the Rams, and although he says, “I never thought I would ever finish my career anywhere else,” he also acknowledges that he wants to go somewhere that he can actually play in big games and win.

“I’ve always wanted to play in those big games, I feel like I will excel in those situations,” he told Mitch Albom of the Detroit Free Press. “I wanted to shoot my shot.”

Stafford said he and his wife had a feeling a year ago that the Lions were probably going to be heading into yet another rebuild, and he figured both he and the team would be better off with a trade.

“To be honest, Kelly and I probably started talking about it before last season. It was one of those things where, you know, we were hoping that, golly, let’s go, I hope this thing takes off and we play great. But if it doesn’t, you just knew what was going to happen. They were going to tear it down and rebuild,” Stafford said. “And any time you switch GMs and a head coach, you know that they’re going to want to bring their own people in, and that’s going to take time. And I, frankly, didn’t feel like I was the appropriate person to oversee that time.”

So the Lions will get Jared Goff, a third-round pick and two first-round picks for that rebuild. And Stafford will find out if he can win a big game with the Rams.

Comment

• I like. Stafford already, but this puts him in an even brighter light. You have to respect the man.

Check out this article from DetroiCheck out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Mitch Albom: Matthew Stafford gave Detroit Lions 'every damn thing I had,' still torn over exit

Forever One!

Comment

• Something from Albom's story worth noting. I really appreciated Stafford's willingness to play through injuries. He's a tough guy.

To that end, I ask about his injuries, about which Stafford has been notoriously secretive.

“I mean, this past year was bad,” he admits. “I had the partially torn UCL in my right thumb, I tore my UCL on my left elbow on the second to last play of the Houston game that nobody knew about, trying to stiff arm a guy. That's why I started wearing a sleeve on my left arm because I had all sorts of tape underneath it, just to hold it in place.

I broke my cartilage on my eighth rib in Green Bay. I also tore something (in the back of) my left knee. And then I had a subtalar, right ankle sprain.”

He said he never spoke of those or other injuries, not only in deference to his fellow players who had injuries of their own, but to the city of Detroit, where he knew people were dealing with much tougher challenges than trying to play a game with a multimillion dollar contract.

“For them it's not injuries on their hands and ankles and ribs, it's ‘Where am I going to get the money to pay the mortgage? And how am I going to get my car from here to there?’”
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Favourite Stafford throws in a Lions jersey?

This one wasn’t bad!

Comment

• The Chris Durham laser against the Cowboys is easily my favorite Stafford throw.

Comment

• I got you

Comment

• I loved that laser to Marvin Jones in the last game that the replay booth blew.

Comment

Working...
                                X