Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The reason you draft big tall receivers is so you can throw those highpoint passes over the smaller defensive backs. But keep on being you Fraquar. He would be the coach demanding all passes to Shaq be bounce passes for reasons.
    The other reason you draft tall receivers is they have large wingspans - which means you can LEAD them while in stride even with a defender on their hip and that defender is pretty much helpless to stop him. Didn't see enough of that - too much climbing the ladder - and when you have a 40+ vertical and weigh 240, you take a beating doing that a ton. Gravity is a bitch.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford, wife give $1 million going away gift to Detroit

Posted by Charean Williams on February 11, 2021, 7:17 PM EST

USA TODAY Sports

Matthew Stafford spent 12 years in Detroit. He made a lot of memories, even if he never won a playoff game there.

The quarterback, whom the Lions recently traded to the Rams, is leaving something permanent behind in Detroit.

Stafford and his wife, Kelly, announced Thursday they are pledging $1 million to help build a new education center with SAY Detroit. SAY Detroit is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping students from low-income families overcome literacy inequalities and educational challenges.

“The Kelly and Matthew Stafford & Friends Education Center” will be built in Detroit’s Lipke Park on the grounds of SAY Detroit’s Play Center. The 20,000-square-foot facility will include six classrooms, learning labs, an auditorium and vocational training space.

“There are not enough words to truly express how grateful we are to have lived here for the past 12 years,” Kelly Stafford wrote in a long post on Instagram. “We came here for football, but we are leaving with a sense of home and endearment. Endearment not only for this city and the Lions organization, but a love for the people who make up this community. Detroit has supported our family not only by showing up on Sundays, but also through our most difficult times. You took us in as your own and made Detroit feel like home and that is what it became, our home.

“It has been our goal to always give back to the city. Detroit and its people have blessed us in so many ways, we only hope you have felt our gratitude through our joy of giving back to the city.”
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That's great and all, but did he give a game ball to NBT's kid?

Comment

• Look at all the grey behind that ear? Get to the nearest LA OAP home, Matt. It’s OVER!

6E9D1089-3313-4D05-B56A-52DE2B67E675.png
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            That's great and all, but did he give a game ball to NBT's kid?
            That's the final straw that made him want to leave. He couldn't live with how much he disappointed the guy and the little lad. Here's to hoping Matt can heal himself.

One day
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/hankwinchester/s...F6716592002%2F

Last edited by -Deborah-; February 12, 2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• People seem to forget how god awful that Rams O-line was two years ago. I think they will lose Havenstien due to $ and Wentworth is 39 years old.

The Rams with their salary structure (top heavy) and lack of picks is always ONE injury away from it all falling apart.
                Last edited by The King; February 12, 2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• If any of Stafford/Donald/Ramsey/Woods/Kupp get hurt they are fucked. They have no picks to land other talent. That team is a tilting Jenga tower.

Comment

• Stafford would like to play in a 'big game'.

How about a showdown at Lambo, 2014 season, week 17, two 11-5 teams. The division and a first round bye in the balance.

Matt opens with 3 and out start. Lions fall behind 14-0 Lions claw back to even the game at 14-14. Pack goes ahead 21-14 and Matt answers with another 3 and out. Lions D holds and gets a FG block. Momentum, Lions. Then it's Matts time to shine. 1 play, Matt drops the ball.

Matt managed to complete less than half his pass attempts.

Big Game Matt.....
                    The only logical explanation is:
                    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• He shoulda coached up a biggest interception play of all time like a real football winner.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

How about a showdown at Ford Field, 2016 season, week 17, two 9-6 teams. The division and a first round bye in the balance.

Matt opens with 3 and out start. Lions fall behind 7-0 Lions claw back to take the lead 14-7. Pack goes ahead 17-14 and Matt answers with a 5 and out. Trailing 31-17, Matt steps up and throws a late 4th quarter INT.

Big Game Matt.....

Comment

• Oh we know. We were all bummed.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Mahomes just played in a big game too.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

How about a wild card at CenturyLink Field, 2016 season, week 17, two 9-6 teams.

Matt opens with 3 and out start. Lions fall behind 13-6 in the 4th. Matt answers with a 3 and out. Lions have the ball 3 times in the 4th: 3 plays and 1 minute TOP, 4 plays and 39 seconds TOP, and 6 plays and 1:40 TOP. It took two 50 yards bombs by Prater to get any points.

Big Game Matt.....

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                Mahomes just played in a big game too.
                                Yes, but immaturity coupled with the weight of that ring.......
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X