No announcement yet.

ohio state at Michigan, Saturday, 11/30/19, Noon EST, FOX/Fox Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound the middle was a good plan and speaks to circumstances that concern about the DL under Harbaugh. That's the position group that might need better coaching and certainly better recruiting. I'll be eyeing Nua 12 months from now if we don't see improvement. Still open to the idea of bringing Hoke back as DL coach.
    Last edited by hack; December 1, 2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, Brown did well to deal with it, but that was still fundamentally the same group that Wisky abused.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        ye gads I hate this sometimes ....

Harbaugh's teams have had a chance to win in 2017, when his QB tried to throw the ball to someone in Whitmore Lake, and it came down in the hands of an OSU DB. He basically won the previous year in Columbus, when the lazy, incompetent and Ohio-led officiating crew refused to measure for the line to gain, depriving Michigan and Harbaugh of a win there. Harbaugh has absolutely crapped the bed in the last two games, there is no doubt.

Point is, there have been winnable games by Michigan all during this skid. Even the laughable Brady Hoke had a chance to win with a successful 2 point conversion, and defeat the mighty Meyer. Meyer is a great coach. No debate. But he's beatable. Even the doddering old Lloyd Carr beat Meyer's NC defending team and the Heisman winner Tebo in his final game as HC.

Meyer is beatable, and so is Day. The talent edge is real. Just about any coach with that kind of edge in talent is going to win. Getting Fields to drop in his lap was a major benefit for Day. Had he been required to develop a QB with what was left on OSU's roster would have been a major challenge.

Bottom line, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. I know that fact will make a lot of M fans angry, but its a fact. And I'm not sure he deserves to be fired, based on the outcome of one game/series.
        Doesn't deserve to be fired? Really? Harbaugh is 0 - 5 against OSU and hasn't gotten close to winning a B10 championship; strike 1. He is something like 1 - 10 against top 10 teams; strike 2. I could live with 2 strikes if I was convinced that he was "closing the gap". Clearly the gap is getting wider, as evidenced by the fact that he has been obliterated 2 years in a row. Brady Hoke's worst loss was by 14 points; strike 3.

Comment

• This has less to do with deserving to get fired and more to do with determining if he's the best guy going forward.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by maxreturn View Post

Doesn't deserve to be fired? Really? Harbaugh is 0 - 5 against OSU and hasn't gotten close to winning a B10 championship; strike 1. He is something like 1 - 10 against top 10 teams; strike 2. I could live with 2 strikes if I was convinced that he was "closing the gap". Clearly the gap is getting wider, as evidenced by the fact that he has been obliterated 2 years in a row. Brady Hoke's worst loss was by 14 points; strike 3.
              Ok, you are the AD at Michigan, and you hold the future of Harbaugh and Michigan football in your hands. Your first move is to fire Harbaugh.

- now -

A. Who is on your short list?

B. Are you sure any/all of them want to come to Michigan?

C. Are you sure that the candidates on your list can go into Columbus next year, and deliver a win?

Because if you've struck out Harbaugh, your task is to find someone better.

Ready, set, .. go.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Right. It's a shitty time, and this place is an outlet for venting. Everybody should be able to do that in relative peace.
                Indeed. I'll admit that I was not on my best, most-mature, behavior on site yesterday. But I doubt if any of you will contacting the ticket office to have my wife's ticket license revoked.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Indeed. I'll admit that I was not on my best, most-mature, behavior on site yesterday. But I doubt if any of you will contacting the ticket office to have my wife's ticket license revoked.
                    I disagree with this.

There are very smart people who post here. I think we value, at least I do, the opinions, often differing from our own, of others who might post on a variety of issues. But we shouldn't countenance posts that contain opinions that aren't fact based or, at the least, don't have a supportable argument based on valid observations.

Most of you work. Some of you are engineers, analysts or otherwise engaged in professional fields. Can you imagine going to your boss and saying something like Bill sucks at what he does and not be asked by your boss to provide some facts or observations upon which you base your assessment and further, be questioned about the validity of them? If you're a supervisor would you entertain whining and venting like that from a subordinate? Didn't think so..... not if you want to stay employed.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's a message board Spock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Most of you work. Some of you are engineers, analysts or otherwise engaged in professional fields. Can you imagine going to your boss and saying something like Bill sucks at what he does and not be asked by your boss to provide some facts or observations upon which you base your assessment and further, be questioned about the validity of them? If you're a supervisor would you entertain whining and venting like that from a subordinate? Didn't think so..... not if you want to stay employed.

True enough - and thankfully, most of our jobs allow for the luxury of giving us the time and means to indulge in the fascinating aspects of gamesmanship. Of course, we take it more seriously than we should- and we know that, but it's what we do.

It's especially thankful when you don't need to go into work the day after your team gets obliterated. Monday is a new day. We'll be okay.

Comment

• Bryce Steele, a 3* ATH from Virginia, visited M for The Game. He's going to end up in Columbus. Obviously, he's getting CASH!!! I think I saw a quote for him that he really thought it was awesome of M to let OSU fans chant around their stadium and really would like to continue in that tradition, but the money's just too damn good in Columbus. WooOT!

Comment

• LOL...somebody's been browsing some other Michigan message boards

Comment

• Heh. I'm gonna really enjoy watching M lose most of their offense, go out to Washington, get their ass kicked and complain about how Washington just plays by a different set of rules. Ah, the little things to look forward to once the off-season rolls around.

However, until then we have bigger fish to fry. I thought Wisconsin was the 2nd best team in the B10 most of the year. My belief wavered a little bit, but after last week I still think Wisconsin is the 2nd best team in the B10 (and, yes, they'd prison rape M again -- thanks to all those high paid OL recruits). I don't like playing them twice, but they are what they are. OSU out-talents them almost everywhere. They can still make the game really interesting IF Jack Coan is really good. Again, he has had some REALLY good games and some meh games. If he's meh, then it's another blowout.

Offensively, I think OSU really limited itself in the driving rain. I think they can open it up a little bit more. But, it's nice to have JK in your back pocket. The line is right around 17.

Comment

• I'd also like to note that froot has still yet to apologize for his rampant, constant trashing of Ryan Day and Justin Fields. Be accountable, froot. Don't go all Michigan Man on us. At least do your for fellow Maoist, Dr. Strangelove. He deserves your candor.

Comment

Working...
                                X