ohio state at Michigan, Saturday, 11/30/19, Noon EST, FOX/Fox Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I thought OSU was the better team the entire game. Their biggest problem was not getting TD's and settling for FG's. Dobbins was better than any RB that Clemson had. Fields didn't play his best game of the year, but yet had the team in a position to win at the end, in spite of the controversial calls. Clemson was holding on for dear life when the turnover happened. So yeah, I'd agree that OSU was the better team. And in their heart of hearts, so does Clemson, and Dabo.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How can osu be the better team when they lost because they "settled for FGs," and "fields didn't have his best game." dobbins rushed for 174 yards, sure, but he dropped two passes from fields that would have both been walk in TDs. Sure fields had them in a position to win but he threw an INT in the EZ on osu's last possession. PF on the punter after a great stop by the buckeye's defense? Terrible call to go for the block instead of the set up for the return. Thee's more. I'm not going on. The line that osu was the better team is utter BS. They lost.

This whole line of thinking ignores that Clemson, while having the chips fall in their favor, took advantage because Mattison had no answer for Lawrence's run game. Sweeney punished osu for that and there is no credit given to him? osu had trouble getting off the field on 3rd down but osu is the better team? Lawrence, after a brutal hit, get's up off the mat and keeps Clemson in the game and ultimately wins it mostly with his legs but certainly contributing with his pin point passing in critical situations where he made plays.... he gets no credit? Give me a fucking break.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I still think if its OSU v Clemson on a neutral field 3 times, OSU wins at least 2.

And I hate defending OSU, but I believe they were the better team as well.

The whole game turned on two situations. One was the targeting, and the other was the disallowed scoop score. We can argue about the validity of the targeting call, and how targeting is called all day long. Considering the wide range of scenarios where targeting is allowed to be called, it was within the current scope of the rules. IMO, that needs to change, because as I viewed the situation, I felt that the hit was not deliberate, nor intended to inflict punishment. I felt it was more incidental. But, that's just me.

If the scoop/score is allowed to stand, the game turns into different play calls on both offense and defense. OSU would have had at least 7 more points, and it may have been Clemson that was scrambling for a tying or winning score at the end, instead of OSU. Maybe Lawrence throws a pick instead of Fields. We'll never know, because the zebras messed up the call that got the game to that point.

Anyway, I have no dog in this hunt. I'm no OSU fan, and I'm a bit perturbed that I've had to take a position that defends them. I wish I could gloat in their misery, but I really can't. Michigan could have been in that same situation, and I'd want Michigan to be treated fairly had they been there. In fact, we've been in that position and gotten screwed the same way. I just want to see games of that magnitude officiated fairly and evenly. Its a shame when a game like that is determined by the zebras. It should always be determined by the players.

JMO.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I watched the game again last night with no emotion, Dobbins was a beast (best the 2 drops). FGs and not TDs was the downfall for the Buckeyes. Everything did turn after the targeting, but take nothing away from Trevor Lawrence - man that kid is tough and can run (and pass). lol at Jeff posts, while I don't necessarily agree they are very entertaining toward Talent.

osu win 4/5 times IMO

Comment

• 9/10. Or maybe even worse. The Buckeyes were the best team in the country this year. Just a nightmare game against Clemson.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• K.J. Hill dropped that TD pass also would have put osu up 20-0. Buckeyes were and are the better team, there was one play where Clemson should have had a pick 6 though, other than that everything went right for them.

Comment

• Credit to Clemson for playing hard and never quitting. Credit to Lawrence, too.

But, man, if Wade is still in the game I don't think they score more than twice. I think it ends up something like 26-14 or worse.

As AA said, just a nightmare game. The number of "what ifs" in this one is truly astounding. The upside, I guess, is that there are so many that it's pretty easy to get past the scoop and score reversal to other things -- like 6 or 7 of them.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• K.J. Hill dropped that TD pass also would have put osu up 20-0.
                      I though the defender closed on that one pretty well and actually got here a little early. Would have been a tough catch.

Ryan Day completely eviscerated Venables twice in the red zone -- the first time Fields led Dobbins a little too much and he couldn't maintain the catch through the ground. The second time the screen was so blindingly wide open that Dobbins took his eye off the ball. It really, really should have been 24-0.

Also, in the first drive Garret Wilson makes a spectacular catch that is ruled not a catch. OSU is still in hurry up and is on the ball and runs outside zone with JK which is set up beautifully -- not sure if scores, but it was gonna be a huge gain. Officials buzz down to stop the play. CRD is PISSED! Even when they ruled in favor of OSU it still hurt them. Heh,
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                      X