Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "It might be a very tough year next year."

No might necessary. I barely tuned in this season other than a couple games due to the attrition to the NBA and Frankie Collins, won't tune in next season either.

Comment

• We're gonna see. Defense is going to be better, that's for sure. Burnett could be a great pickup. Tarris + a sophmore leap. First time with a returning PG since Z. Expectations are going to be a lot lower -- just make the tournament. But there's a part of me that is looking forward to moving on from this era. The last two years were absolutely not fun save for last year's rabbit-from-a-hat Sweet 16. If it's a failure, let's be clear though -- it's a whole-institution failure. Not Juwan's. Juwan had TSJ in the bag, and that's a pretty big what-if given the lack of elite teams this year and Juwan's excelling at in-game situations. There is very little that's impressive going on in this title game. Not like in '21 when Baylor looked like an absolute buzzsaw, for example.

Comment

• Michigan gets the commitment of two transfer portal players today. Caleb Love of UNC (quite highly ranked and a former 5*) and a 6'10" PF from Seton Hall named Jackson. Jackson shot 38% on threes last year.

Where are we supposed to go with this type of information? Maybe we should change the name of this thread to Michigan Basketball and leave it at that.

Comment

• Joey Baker has signed with an agent and will enter the NBA draft.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Well shit. Now what are we gonna do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                Joey Baker has signed with an agent and will enter the NBA draft.
                The second part of that sentence will not come to fruition.

Comment

• He can make himself available to the NBA Draft, but they aren't taking him. He's either off to Europe, or the G league.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I wish you would go to the STFU League...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Careful, linesman. Wiz has been in the STFU League longer than any other of its players. No other leagues want him, but he knows his way around the STFU League.

Comment

• I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised at how the past month has gone. I wanted to see that the staff learned how to handle early entry/portal season, and it looks like they did. Asked the possible early leavers to make quick decisions, and that happened. Been aggressive in the portal and landed some players I like. No slam dunks like TSJ would have been last year, but the staff has taken some smart risks on Love and Burnett, and are in on some quality players. Whether the pieces fit together come November remains to be seen of course, but things look much better than they did a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Careful, linesman. Wiz has been in the STFU League longer than any other of its players. No other leagues want him, but he knows his way around the STFU League.
                          The STFU League is a developmental league (well...maybe just mental)...but the Shaddup League is a cut above.

Now STFU.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're washing lettuce. Soon you'll be on fries. Then the grill.

Comment

• Don't move him to the grill too soon. He needs to be able to handle one basket of fries efficiently before even considering him for the grill.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Don't move him to the grill too soon. He needs to be able to handle one basket of fries efficiently before even considering him for the grill.
                                And he needs to clean out the fryer several times too.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X