Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wretched end to a wretched season. Up 8 with a minute to go and Juwan dials up a play to get Hunter a layup. Rims out. Ridiculous.

The good thing though is that what stunk this year stunk so bad there's no covering it up. Juwan can't pretend it was just a few bounces. Surely knows it's time to go back to the drawing board. I am hoping for Saddi to get an HC offer and take it, and I'm hoping for Phil to move on as well. Bring in a crack recruiter and a guy that develops wings as well as Eisley develops guards and Juwan develops bigs.

Dug McDaniel is a very bright spot going forward. That kid has some magic in him, and one day he's going to take Michigan one or two steps further than it really ought to. From where to where I don't know. All depends on the talent around him. Give him good players and he'll lead them to glory.

Final thought: this wasn't a players failure or a coaching failure. This was a whole-program failure going right up to the AD or even higher. Terrence Shannon wanted to be here. Juwan identified and landed the perfect portal addition, and the school itself decided to kick us all in the balls instead. So it'll be interesting to see what kind of basketball program Michigan wants going forward. Juwan isn't perfect but he sure shouldn't be the fall guy for Warde.

Comment

• I'm still hoping for Warde to be offered a job he can't refuse.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Juwan wont be a fall guy for Warde. Howard, I would wager, has many more friends higher up than Warde does. Howard and Harbaugh are the epitome of what the ideal of a "Michigan Man". The fact that both of them have issues with NIL and the transfer portal is really important and I think Michigan will get there eventually.

Jett Howard will likely be back next year. Right now he is probably outside of the lottery. And a good season next year with improvements on the defensive and playmaking parts will likely vault him into the mid lottery. The injury to end the season didn't help his profile. And just speculation but playing for one's dad is pretty special. I don't think he would want to leave without at least being in the NCAAs. So I think he will be back.

Kobe Bufkin has the greater chance of leaving. I can see him going to the scouting combine and getting really hot proving the maturation of his game was not a hot streak.

Joey Baker. I hope he gets his 6th year. To have your redshirt burned because of 18 minutes your freshman year seems harsh to me.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I thought the red shirt rule was the same for basketbal as it is for football.

I'm a bit concerned what the portal may do to the roster.

Comment

• It would be good to have some folks portal out. Juwan has a large collection of very flawed wings on which he took fliers but who could have good college careers elsewhere. I don't think all of them will leave, but they are about to be aggressively recruited over in the portal. Unless Howard strikes out, only Khayat has the potential and physical promise to compete for minutes.

Saddi Washington apparently a candidate at Buffalo. Martelli may retire. I'm hoping Juwan is working to find an assistant who can help identify talent on the wing.

Comment

• Barnes just put his name in the portal, so there's one expected domino.

Comment

• We are in full "smh" season now.

Jett to the NBA.

Comment

• smh

STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thank god!

Comment

• You are welcome my son.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If Jett is even drafted, I don't see him breaking into a NBA lineup. He's bound for the bench at best. He's another one thats leaving too soon.

Comment

• If he gets drafted? He's a borderline lottery pick. He is what every team in the league covets, a 3 and D wing. He'll be fine, for any player with that type of potential, it makes no sense to stay in college. Get to the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              If he gets drafted? He's a borderline lottery pick. He is what every team in the league covets, a 3 and D wing. He'll be fine, for any player with that type of potential, it makes no sense to stay in college. Get to the league.
                              Yeah. I would have thought Jett might come back to cement his lottery status. Thought with a good season looking at 5-10 pick.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• We are the masters at putting mediocre or above average players into the draft early. Every year, only 60 players are drafted by the NBA. How is it that almost every year one of those guys is an above average Michigan underclassman? Do we have a recruiting strategy that specifically targets these guys? How is it that with 5,500 D1 scholarship players, we have so many of the NBA's top 60 prospects and we don't make the Final Four every other year?
                                Last edited by Hannibal; March 24, 2023, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X