Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Nothing against Hutch but Woodson is the greatest college football player I’ve seen in my lifetime. If I live to be 100 I may never see another player dominate a season the way he did in ‘97.
    I went to the 97 Outback Bowl. When I saw Woodson live, it was obvious that he was playing on a completely different level than anyone else on the field.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It still somehow blows my mind (I don't know why though) just how spiteful, petty and angry college football fans are (yes every fanbase has them, UM of course is no exception).

But they're out in full force on social media attacking Hutchinson. Mostly very bitter and angry MSU fans. There's also a solid contingent of Alabama fans who are mad about Hutchinson getting invited over Will Anderson.

I've seen it all -- people saying that he got the invite over "one good game", that he got in only because of the Michigan brand, that he's overrated and will be a bust in the NFL. I've heard people say that he's all media hype. I even saw a handful play the oh so tired & dreaded race card by saying that he only got the nod because he's white.

I mean they're sending these tweets directly to the guy. It amazes me that these people are adult human beings. How do you become so fanatical that you take to the internet, full of venom, all over some guys that you've never met in your life. And all over a jersey color. If Hutchinson had went to EL and was wearing green & white, they'd worship the kid. But because he wears maize & blue, they hate him and he sucks. Sports fans, by in large, are really pathetic people.

For the record, I think both Kenneth Walker, and Will Anderson, are fantastic players. They're both deserving guys, and it's unfortunate for them that they're not going to NY. But you can't invite everybody. If they got invited over Hutch, I'd tip my cap to them. Maybe I'd be mildly disappointed for Hutch, but I sure as hell know that I wouldn't take to Twitter to attack them.

These people really knew to take a long look in the mirror and reexamine their priorities in life.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Imagine how empty it must feel. You "beat" your rival in a game to which the conference applied a giant asterisk and the selection committee ignored as soon as it could, and then your rival then went on to win out, beat its main rival and have its best season in forever. You're facing an even larger-than-usual avalanche of smug superiority, and for the first time in years it's actually justified. If there's a victory more hollow than this I don't know how to describe it.

Plus, be reasonable about all this looking in the mirror stuff. Many Sparties do not have access to mirrors.

Comment

• Josh Gattis wins the 2021 Broyles Award...

Comment

• Well deserved, IMO. I think fans tend to underestimate how hard it is to get a CFB team ready to play real football in the short time that camp is allowed. That's why teams look bad to start the season unless they are turning around 22 starters from the previous season. I feel pretty confident that Gattis had a plan in mind but not making mistakes and turning the ball over was more important than looking like and end of the season Alabama offense. There was a lot of running into brick walls. I think the coaching staff did a good job of doing just enough to win with the exception of MSU and that was more of a lapse of the defense that a failure of the offense although that played a part.

From then on, either McNamara got really good or more likely he was already good and the OL and WRs had to catch up. Timing and blocking is always a slow to develop skill set. The Maryland game showed some really good innovations and those just expanded for osu and then Iowa in the BT CCG. I've already remarked that M may be playing the best of any of the final four in all phases of the game.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              .... Many Sparties do not have access to mirrors....

Sure they do, they cut their lines of coke on them....

I don't get the Sparties. When not playing Michigan, I root for them as they represent (in a small way) the great state of Michigan, which I love. I'm not a fan of MSU but I do pull for them. Same for other Big Ten Teams. I'll be pulling for the bucks against Utah, pulling for Iowa over Pitt, etc. I want my alma mater and my conference to always do well.

Perhaps there's something genetic about burning couches and being a fool.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• The uproar at Hutchinson being selected as a Heisman finalist as well as Gattis winning the Broyles award just shows how bad Sparty hates Michigan. And Hutch didn't take Walkers spot, the Pitt QB did. Wait till HARBAUGH!!! wins COTY

Comment

• Very impressed by both coordinators this season, both sides of the ball exceeded expectations and both deserve recognition for putting their players in a position to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post

Sure they do, they cut their lines of coke on them....

I don't get the Sparties. When not playing Michigan, I root for them as they represent (in a small way) the great state of Michigan, which I love. I'm not a fan of MSU but I do pull for them. Same for other Big Ten Teams. I'll be pulling for the bucks against Utah, pulling for Iowa over Pitt, etc. I want my alma mater and my conference to always do well.

Perhaps there's something genetic about burning couches and being a fool.
                    There's the Jon I know ...

And I absolutely LOL when they root for OSU over Michigan. News flash Sparty: OSU hates you too. Read some of the stuff that comes out of the Columbus Dispatch. THEY. HATE. YOU. TOO.

But hey, .. they've got a $95 million dollar man coaching their football team. That must be good for something.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well I root for OSU over Sparty so the feeling is mutual. $95M is good money for finishing 3rd in your division.

Comment

• If Michigan wins out, they would be the first team to go from losing record to a national title since -- when?

Comment

• Michigan State won a share of the national title in 1965 after going 4-5 in 1964. If there's a more recent example, I haven't found it yet.
                          Last edited by JRB; December 7, 2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                            Michigan State won a share of the national title in 1965 after going 4-5 in 1964. If there's a more recent example, I haven't found it yet.
                            That's a pretty amazing feat. I'm surprised it has been done.

Comment

• Well Hutch will finish 4th...just like Suh did in 2009...but just to get in the finalists is quite an achievement.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He gets some national recognition for his season, and an all expenses paid trip to NYC. Not bad.

MSU shouldn't be griping about anything. They got "scoreboard". Isn't that worth something?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X