No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and a $10 mil a year coach...they just need to STFU...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        Well Hutch will finish 4th...just like Suh did in 2009...but just to get in the finalists is quite an achievement.
        Chase Young finished 4th, too, but he could have easily been 2nd because 2 through 4 were pretty bunched up (he was, in fact, 2nd in first place votes). Everyone was miles behind Burrow.

That's what this year will be. Young will be the absolute runaway winner and the other 3 will be bunched up 2 through 4.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I actually agree with the Vegas odds and think the Heisman vote goes:
          1. Young
          2. Hutchinson
          3. Pickett
          4. Stroud
          Makes sense to me!

Bryce Young an obvious winner. What he did against Georgia is special. Young could be the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2023.
          Hutchinson #2. There has been a strong narrative in the media buying Hutchinson as the face of college football in 2021. The Heisman campaign is strong for him. Hutch gets the votes to be #2.
          Picket #3 because of his excellent season + THAT fake slide. Pickett vs Stroud is close, but Pickett has the cooler season play/ Heisman moment.
          Stroud #4 because people outside of the Big Ten kind of forgot about him since the Michigan game.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I just hope the Hutchinson family has a nice day in New York City.

Aiden Hutchinson came to Michigan pretty much unknown by the football elite. Some rags had him as a 3 star, but some also had him at 4 star.

Had he entered the draft last year, he'd probably have gone in the low first round or upper 2nd round. This year he's going in the top ten.

I don't really care what MSU fans or sour puss other teams' fans think. Hutch earned his honors on the field with great play. If they don't want to see him at the Heisman ceremony, then don't watch. Bryce Young is going to win the award, and rightly so. He's a fine quarterback.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hutch is a great player...but not near as dominant as Suh was...or Chase Young either. Don't get me wrong...excellent player...but this year is not a great Heisman year in terms of depth of the candidates.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Agree!
                I think Ndamukong Suh and Chase Young were better…. at least better NFL draft prospects. It’s not by much, but they were better. Hutchinson has the luxury of being in a weak NFL draft class… therefore, the #1 overall pick hype.
                Suh was pretty good heading into the Big 12 championship game and had the best performance for a college defensive player that I’ve ever seen. That game vs Texas was classic.
                Chase Young had all of the hype for the entire season, but didn’t do much in the game vs Michigan if I remember correctly.
                Hutchinson has BOTH the strong season narrative and excellent performance in the game vs Ohio State + B10 Championship game. That’s why I think he will do well in the Heisman voting.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Chase Young was getting tons of Heisman talk and on his way to finishing a solid 2nd until Maryland fucks ratted him out on receiving a loan from an agent. He had to sit two games. And still finished 4th -- like 100 points out of 2nd.

Ohio State's biggest game that year was against Wisconsin (slightly more than M) and he had 4 sacks in that game and was generally unblockable. He was a badass. To the extent I care about what ex-OSU guys do in the NFL -- and it's not much -- I was a little bummed to see him tear his ACL if for no other reason than he's such a talent.

In 2019, Ohio State had 3 of the top 6 Heisman vote getters. That Clemson loss was a real, real, real motherfucking bitch.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 2019 was just stacked. So much greatness all around in that college season. The Heisman field was very strong. Burrow had arguably the best season ever.

Ohio State vs Clemson an instant classic with so much talent everywhere.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• SUH >>>> YOUNG
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• UVa was supposed to be hiring alumnus and Penn State co-DC Anthony Poindexter, but those negotiations hit a snag, and Poindexter took his name out of consideration. Now they've hit a snag with Clemson OC Tony Elliott, and they may have moved on to Josh Gattis.
                        Michigan offensive coordinator Josh Gattis has emerged as a possible candidate for the Virginia Cavaliers' head coaching vacancy.

Comment

• I’d hate to lose him after basically only getting one really good year out of him.

Comment

• Mike Hart is the obvious choice for successor .

Comment

• Mike Hart as OC would be nice because I want him to be M's HC in 10-15 years. Think Matt Weiss might be the backup plan though...

Josh Gattis.
                              If that's true, hope Gattis is tough on Virginia in negotiating a contract. Bronco Mendenhall stepping down... Anthony Poindexter declining ... Tony Elliott likely declining... something doesn't sound right with that situation. Supposedly Virginia won't budge on academics.

If I was Gattis:
                              1. Significant contract with a big number in guaranteed $$$.
                              2. Significant $$$ for assistants.
                              3. A deal to improve the facilities.

Gattis is better than this. Don't accept the Virginia job just because it's his first HC offer. Be tough on the negotiating. There's a reason Poindexter and Elliott (TBD) didn't accept it.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'll believe Gattis is going when I see him in the presser accepting the job.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X