This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never done this before, but here is a link to his profile in 2010

Stay up to date with all the Michigan Wolverines sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

He was the # 12 shooting guard. Hardaway was # 32.

Comment

• Guard depth in general. And, now that Smot's gone I personally have to back off the comment that GRIII at PF is a red flag. Might be necessary and even reasonable unless Horford and Beilfeldt turn out to be major contributors.

Comment

• More of a yellow flag now? :-)

Comment

• Apparently, this kid from Italy is on Michigan's radar and he has Michigan in his final 5. I think he's more of a SG but has a bit of a handle.

2012 guard Amedeo Della Valle out of Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada, has narrowed his recruitment down to five schools. The senior from Italy, who we first profiled in mid-February, said he is still talking to and interested in Michigan, Arizona, Texas A&M, Gonzaga and Ohio State. Della Valle has only taken an unofficial visit to Arizona and an official to Texas […]

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUMIcjlfkU&feature=player_embedded"]amedeo della valle francia 04\2011 under 18 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Certainly not a checkered flag.

Comment

• I like Horford quite a bit "as a reserve"; Morgan and McGary should be starters and Horford should get a lot of minutes backing those two up...

Robinson III probably will get minutes at the 4 when JB goes small, which he'll need to do with the departure of Smot... Was never very excited about Brundrige, always felt he was overrated. I don't think he's near the loss as Smot is...

Insiders are surprisingly confident M might land Amedeo Della Valle SG in the '12 class; along with McGary, Robinson III & Staukas... JB really loves his game, he's had M in his top group despite not having an offer from the Wolverines. He'll likely visit M very soon, we'll have to see his comments after such a visit.

Comment

• JB won't offer until he visits, that's just the way he does things. I'm sure he'll get his offer once on campus. His assistant coach is from Michigan, so that may have helped things with him.

I can't see Michigan being interested in TB. Not a big need a sub 50% FT shooter. They have just as talented kids coming in the next few years that will have 4 years of eligibility.

Comment

• Two deep, about the same minus Smot:

*PG: Trey Burke - Trey Burke...
                    *SG: Timmy Hardaway Jr - Matt Vogrich...
                    *SF: Glenn Robinson III & Nic Staukas...
                    *PF: Mitch McGary - Jon Horford/Biefeldt (sp?)/McLimans...
                    *C: Jordan Morgan - Jon Horford...

Obviously lacking depth and injuries are a much bigger worry than they were previous to the exodus of 3 reserves...

Comment

• Any good uncommited PGs out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Two deep, about the same minus Smot:

*PG: Trey Burke - Trey Burke...
                        *SG: Timmy Hardaway Jr - Matt Vogrich...
                        *SF: Glenn Robinson III & Nic Staukas...
                        *PF: Mitch McGary - Jon Horford/Biefeldt (sp?)/McLimans...
                        *C: Jordan Morgan - Jon Horford...

Obviously lacking depth and injuries are a much bigger worry than they were previous to the exodus of 3 reserves...

I think Nik is more of a SG that might play some PG, if needed. At this point, Biefeldt, Akune and Vogrich benefit the most from the transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Any good uncommited PGs out there?
                          I'll check. What we really need is a combo/back-up...or a starter if Trey makes the mistake and jumps to the NBA a year early.

Comment

• The highest rated available PG on Rivals list is Nino Jackson (#46, 6'2") from Oklahoma. They don't have a recruiting list for him. I'm doubting we've recruited him much.

After that, there really isn't much to speak of. It seems the days of late commits are almost gone.

Comment

• Wow, it looks like we actually have 3 spots open for scholarship next year.

This is an unofficial listing, this website is in no way connected with the University of Michigan or the Michigan Basketball team.

I know this is hardly the norm but I wonder if we'd consider a JuCo transfer as a back-up PG? It would be nice to have one for both 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.

Comment

• M could get hit with early entries after the '12-'13 season, in addition to attrition from the reserves. Quite a few scholarships to play with but this wasn't totally unexpected...

Now with the scholarships to play with, we'll start hearing about quite a few recruits.

Comment

Working...
                                X