X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explains the chess, I guess.

Comment

• Chess?

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Film director Apatow recently stated that having Trump as president is like being raped...

I may think trump is an egomaniac who can't control his temper and has no clue how not to be the bully boss, but comparing him to being raped...? This is a great example of what is wrong with debate in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Also, using a comic's stand up set as an example of debate is what's wrong with debate in this country.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Chess?

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.
          I don't know how it is down there, but up here the chess is above the waistline. Higher above it the better, IMO.

Comment

• That's what I said.

Disrespect "One Night in Bangkok" at your own peril.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oops. But you did send me looking for a connection there. What a weird song! Haven't thought about it in forever.

1. Those are pretty good lyrics, actually.

2. A musical about chess? Wow. I mean, just a guess, but the choreography there either writes itself and we can all sleep through it, or maybe you have to do some stretching to make it interesting. Did someone take that on as a degree-of-difficulty challenge?

Comment

• Hey, if you're lucky then the girl's a she.
                Last edited by iam416; February 21, 2017, 06:43 PM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Great line.

Comment

• One thing about it, the author of the song knew chess. I say that because of one line:

"It's Iceland, or the Philippines, or Hastings"
                    Of course Iceland refers to Reykjavik, site of the 1972 World Championship. But few outside the chess world know how important Hastings and Manila were in international chess tourneys.

+20 respect points to the song.

Comment

• Of course the graphic at the beginning shows a chess board. A major faux pas, much to my chagrin, is that with that orientation of the board the bottom right square should be white.

[ame]https://youtu.be/mnqj31VPNoE[/ame]

Comment

• I'd just like to have been in the room where somebody successfully pitched a musical about chess.

Comment

• Chess is a 2,000-year-old game. It is the mind sport of the intellectual. It combines spatial relationships, problem solving, and requires no luck. No lucky draw cards, no officiating errors - nothing but your ability to reason against your opponent's -- all framed within 64 squares and 32 pieces, which combine to give more possible moves than there are grains of sand in the entire world.

It upsets me that they attached the triviality of a musical to it.

Comment

• It is hard to think of a poorer fit. For those reasons, but also that chess is largely done while sitting, not dancing. And there's no singing either.

Comment

• You've obviously never been to a Nebraska chess club.

Comment

• And their WRs sometimes catch with their feet and not with their hands. Could be a pattern here.

Comment

Working...
                                X