Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan
    Lol! Whitley is right. You should have taken 10 minutes to do it online. But it's usps's fault.

Next time you blast geezer for speaking out of ignorance I'll remind you of your lame attempt to insult here ....out of ignorance.

Btw... https://travel.state.gov/content/pas.../under-16.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by entropy; April 1, 2017, 03:31 PM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I forgot the best part... the manager and the employee who left for an hour lunch began arguing over what time they closed. He said noon. She said 2 pm. She was telling people over the phone they had until noon to show up for passports. He said they closed at noon and if you were not there by ten, you'd have to come back.

He even gave a customer who was told they wouldn't be waited on his name and said call who you want...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wow. Your experience is the complete opposite of mine. I took my wife and two of my kids on a Saturday. They had a pretty good line, but had two people handling passports. They were pleasant and efficient. I think it took us about an hour over all.

I took my oldest son on a weekday. Same level of attention. It took about 15 minutes.

The worst part was the damn cost.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          DSL:

I'm still waiting on a link that says that 2 WH staffers provided Nunes with his information. You really should leave your mischaracterizations to Buzzfeed or Mother Earth.
          Fine. They 'facilitated the delivery of the documents' to Nunes. Which means the White House already had all of it. Which means Nunes rushing to the WH the next day to 'brief the President' was all stagecraft, which Nunes' went along with. Which demonstrates he feels his most important duty is helping take heat off of Trump, not running an impartial investigation.

He himself admitted he felt the President should be made aware of this stuff (even though the WH already had it) because he was 'taking heat' in the media.

It should also be pointed out, if it hasn't already, is that Michael Ellis used to work for Nunes.

Two White House officials were involved with the hand over of intelligence information to House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), according to a bombshell report in the New York Times.We have known that prior to his announcement to the press last week that members of President...
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 1, 2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Story that may have gone unnoticed...the Pentagon will no longer announce deployment of troops to Iraq or Syria. Seems to be living up to Trump's promise of 'the element of surprise'. I've read LBJ followed this policy in Vietnam. Obviously good and bad...surprise element could be real...could also keep deployment of troops quiet for as long as possible if a conflict becomes unpopular.

Even as the U.S. military takes on a greater role in the warfare in Iraq and Syria, the Trump administration has stopped disclosing significant information about the size and nature of the U.S. commitment, including the number of U.S. troops deployed in either country.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Next time you blast geezer for speaking out of ignorance I'll remind you of your lame attempt to insult here ....out of ignorance.

Btw... https://travel.state.gov/content/pas.../under-16.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Fair enough. I did delete that as soon as I saw CGVTs post about it. FWIW, I hate terrible customer service too and would have been fit to be tied.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• $13 Million has been paid out by Fox over the years to make sexual harassment lawsuits against Bill O'Reilly go away

More on that and current legal woes of FoxNews here in the wake of Roger Ailes' dismissal

About $13 million has been paid out over the years to address complaints from women about Mr. O’Reilly’s behavior. He denies the claims have merit.

Comment

• The thing about the post office - or anything else - is that you get what you pay for. Americans have been voting for a generation or two now for politicans that underfund their institutions. And then they complain about those institutions as if:

1. the budgeting isn't a factor
                  2. you don't have exactly the same problems in the private-sector

This just doesn't make any sense. Functional government isn't free. It costs.

Comment

• Fine. They 'facilitated the delivery of the documents' to Nunes. Which means the White House already had all of it. Which means Nunes rushing to the WH the next day to 'brief the President' was all stagecraft, which Nunes' went along with. Which demonstrates he feels his most important duty is helping take heat off of Trump, not running an impartial investigation.

He himself admitted he felt the President should be made aware of this stuff (even though the WH already had it) because he was 'taking heat' in the media.
                    No. DSL, you don't have that right. I'm not being anal about it, but there is no evidence, and no reporting, that the 2 white house guys had the information prior to Nunes' evening visit to the WH. That is just your assumption. Nunes used the old executive office building to review the intelligence he had been tipped off about IN JANUARY. The intelligence agencies allegedly stonewalled him on delivering the actual documents, so when he was told the locator numbers, he went to the WH compound to view the documents without tipping off the intel people (FBI not involved). When he actually confirmed there was something of consequence, he waited until the next day to tell Trump. The timing makes sense, as does the explanation. Even if you assume that the 2 guys at the WH actually had possession and knowledge of the documents, (which has not been reported) their chain of command would be to report it to the WH council, who would tell them to bring it to the two Intelligence Committees. Normal course of business would not mean that the 2 would go immediately to Trump.

As your buddy froot says, you should read up on it.

The U.S. intelligence official who “unmasked,” or exposed, the names of multiple private citizens affiliated with the Trump team is someone “very well known, very high up, very senior in the intelligence world,” a source told Fox News on Friday.

Unconfirmed reports today that the surveillance began before Trump was nominated during the summer. Also reports that the person who did the unmasking is known, and is high up in the intelligence agencies.

Comment

• The thing about the post office - or anything else - is that you get what you pay for. Americans have been voting for a generation or two now for politicans that underfund their institutions. And then they complain about those institutions as if:

1. the budgeting isn't a factor
                      2. you don't have exactly the same problems in the private-sector

This just doesn't make any sense. Functional government isn't free. It costs.
                      So the answer is more funding for the USPS, and for that matter, the VA, Fannie and Freddie, the EPA, and the local school district? Functional government not only isn't free, but it is an oxymoron.

Hack, it may not fit your sensibilities, but the reason government never works in the delivery of customer service is that these bureaucrats have no fear of being fired, and their bosses lack a profit motive to measure their productivity. Given that no one can lose their job, and given that government is mostly a monopoly, why work hard? Why not take 1/3 of your time as a "break"? Who cares about the people in line complaining? These public sector workers own the country, so, hey,"... I'll give you my name, what of it....."

Where I live you can't use the PO on Saturday morning because there is a line of maybe 20 people getting Postal Money Orders to send to Mexico. Maximum of $ 300.00 at a pop, and you can't get the orders anywhere else because they can't be negotiated in Mexico. You want to pay for the wall? Charge a 20% excise tax on these money orders, and apply the overage to the national debt.

Comment

No. DSL, you don't have that right. I'm not being anal about it, but there is no evidence, and no reporting, that the 2 white house guys had the information prior to Nunes' evening visit to the WH. That is just your assumption. Nunes used the old executive office building to review the intelligence he had been tipped off about IN JANUARY. The intelligence agencies allegedly stonewalled him on delivering the actual documents, so when he was told the locator numbers, he went to the WH compound to view the documents without tipping off the intel people (FBI not involved). When he actually confirmed there was something of consequence, he waited until the next day to tell Trump. The timing makes sense, as does the explanation. Even if you assume that the 2 guys at the WH actually had possession and knowledge of the documents, (which has not been reported) their chain of command would be to report it to the WH council, who would tell them to bring it to the two Intelligence Committees. Normal course of business would not mean that the 2 would go immediately to Trump.

As your buddy froot says, you should read up on it.

The U.S. intelligence official who “unmasked,” or exposed, the names of multiple private citizens affiliated with the Trump team is someone “very well known, very high up, very senior in the intelligence world,” a source told Fox News on Friday.

Unconfirmed reports today that the surveillance began before Trump was nominated during the summer. Also reports that the person who did the unmasking is known, and is high up in the intelligence agencies.
                        Yeah crash shared that earlier. So you're ok with anonymous sources now? As long as thy are speaking to a conservative media outlet?

Comment

• Geezer- What's your explanation as to why Nunes felt Trump deserved to know all he'd found out before the rest of his Committee? Even though Trump's people are subjects of the investigation? Does he believe he answers to Trump?

His explanation has been "i felt bad for him because he's getting bad press"

Comment

• White House Social Media Director Dan Scavino Jr. comes dangerously close to violating the Hatch Act when he calls for Justin Amash to be primaried for defying Trump. Former Bush White House lawyer says he should be fired.

Comment

• General Misha thanks Geezer for his defense of Nunes.

Comment

So the answer is more funding for the USPS, and for that matter, the VA, Fannie and Freddie, the EPA, and the local school district? Functional government not only isn't free, but it is an oxymoron.

Hack, it may not fit your sensibilities, but the reason government never works in the delivery of customer service is that these bureaucrats have no fear of being fired, and their bosses lack a profit motive to measure their productivity. Given that no one can lose their job, and given that government is mostly a monopoly, why work hard? Why not take 1/3 of your time as a "break"? Who cares about the people in line complaining? These public sector workers own the country, so, hey,"... I'll give you my name, what of it....."

Where I live you can't use the PO on Saturday morning because there is a line of maybe 20 people getting Postal Money Orders to send to Mexico. Maximum of $ 300.00 at a pop, and you can't get the orders anywhere else because they can't be negotiated in Mexico. You want to pay for the wall? Charge a 20% excise tax on these money orders, and apply the overage to the national debt.
                                Like I said before, we had to get passports twice in 2 years, It took us a grand total of 15 minutes for both trips. Both times we got the passport in three weeks. Great service.

And the wall is stupid, utterly stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X